11-23-2015 03:50 PM
107 12345
tools
    You can pull down from either top corner with the S-pen or your finger.

Note in my house!
    Ah thanks! To clarify for others, you have to drag either top corner diagonally (not down) toward the opposite corner.
    10-18-2015 12:53 PM
    You can schedule a phone restart.

Great feature

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 (32 gigs+white) running on T-Mobile.
    10-18-2015 02:54 PM
    I'm not sure why carriers are disabling these features. It's one of the reasons I'm sticking with T-mobile. They don't disable awesome features, the bloat is minimal, no carrier branding, unlimited data, and upgrade every year.
    And you save data because there is no reception in the suburbs! Win - win!
    Ryano89 likes this.
    10-18-2015 03:06 PM
    And you save data because there is no reception in the suburbs! Win - win!
    I have great reception and I live in the suburbs.

Note in my house!
    10-18-2015 03:33 PM
    I have AT&T with unlimited everything. But have great reception everywhere except my house.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    10-18-2015 03:35 PM
    My Verizon version has DL booster. It is a cool feature for large files

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-18-2015 05:38 PM
    Gesture wake up is just like quick glance on the Note 3! Go to settings -> accessibility -> dexterity etc. And it should be there. Yay! No more having the press the button to turn the screen on to check for notifications!

I have mine enabled and it won't work.

10-18-2015 08:51 PM
    I saw a video saying the Note 5 can wirelessly screen cast to any computer monitor in the same wifi network without any additional adapters. Does anybody know about this and how it works (if it works)
    10-18-2015 09:19 PM
    I saw a video saying the Note 5 can wirelessly screen cast to any computer monitor in the same wifi network without any additional adapters. Does anybody know about this and how it works (if it works)
    I believe that's side sync.

Note in my house!
    10-18-2015 09:21 PM
    Cool. How do you do it?

Oh it appears that only works with samsung pc. Video implied it worked with any computer monitor.
    erasat likes this.
    10-18-2015 09:32 PM
    Cool. How do you do it?

Oh it appears that only works with samsung pc. Video implied it worked with any computer monitor.
    I thought it did.

Note in my house!
    10-18-2015 09:42 PM
    Cool. How do you do it?

It doesn't work with your monitor per se, it's an application that you must install in any PC or Mac and once in the same network it replicates your phone on the computer. This has been working in all PCs since last year, when it was released with the S4 it was only for the Samsung PCs but even then there was a workaround.

It works great since then and now with latest updates it works even better and smoothly.
    10-18-2015 10:07 PM
    It doesn't work with your monitor per se, it's an application that you must install in any PC or Mac and once in the same network it replicates your phone on the computer. This has been working in all PCs since last year, when it was released with the S4 it was for the Samsung PCs only but even then there was a workaround.

It works great since then and now with latest updates it works even better and smoothly.
    OK, so where do I get it to install on my pc? Oh, just read reviews. Often freezes PC - bad. Also only picture on sound?
    10-18-2015 10:10 PM
    OK, so where do I get it to install on my pc?
    Do a search here on the forms as I think I posted a link months ago. I just did a search on Google and for my surprise it seems that the links that were in the Samsung website disappeared. I just read that it comes in all Samsung PCs and now it costs $29.99 for the rest of PCs, that's a bummer.

Anyways, te the search here in the forums or follow this link and download the version on it, it may be the same version. Samsung’s SideSync utility now works on all Windows computers - SamMobile
    10-18-2015 10:17 PM
    Do a search here on the forms as I think I posted a link months ago. I just did a search on Google and for my surprise it seems that the links that were in the Samsung website disappeared. I just read that it comes in all Samsung PCs and now it costs $29.99 for the rest of PCs, that's a bummer.

Anyways, te the search here in the forums or follow this link and download the version on it, it may be the same version. Samsung’s SideSync utility now works on all Windows computers - SamMobile
    I learned the hard way not to install software from other than official sources but thanks very much for the help.

After reading the bad reviews in playstore I will pass. I also see it is only picture not sound so not useful to me for what I had in mind.

I have a pc connected to my smart tv. I had hoped to remotely run app with bt mouse and watch netflix videos from phone to pc to tv but there would be no sound. I prefer not to use chromecast because all my tv hdmi inputs are already used up.
    10-18-2015 10:22 PM
    Just had to add - I downloaded SideSync on my Mac, and was very disappointed. It did back up my Galaxy Note 5 files, and I can play with photos or set a restore (I think) ... but I can't actually see my phone/interact with it on the monitor or even fully connect to use it like the videos I've seen.

Sent with love from my Galaxy Note 5 ... 💋
    10-18-2015 11:01 PM
    Just had to add - I downloaded SideSync on my Mac, and was very disappointed. It did back up my Galaxy Note 5 files, and I can play with photos or set a restore (I think) ... but I can't actually see my phone/interact with it on the monitor or even fully connect to use it like the videos I've seen.

Sent with love from my Galaxy Note 5 ... ������
    I think you're confusing Sidesync with SmartSwitch that is the one that does the backup, restore and file transfers. SideSync will just replicate your phone on your computer.
    sassypants2 likes this.
    10-19-2015 04:42 AM
    I learned the hard way not to install software from other than official sources but thanks very much for the help.

After reading the bad reviews in playstore I will pass. I also see it is only picture not sound so not useful to me for what I had in mind.

I have a pc connected to my smart tv. I had hoped to remotely run app with bt mouse and watch netflix videos from phone to pc to tv but there would be no sound. I prefer not to use chromecast because all my tv hdmi inputs are already used up.
    I hear you and I can understand your point, but let me assure you that the version you can get and install from that link is the Official one, Sammobile (a site dedicated to pure Samsung stuff) just pulled it and made it available so people can download it directly from them.

I downloaded the version on the link, and after I installed it on my PC I can tell you that is the exact latest version my laptop updated to not long ago.
    10-19-2015 07:00 AM
    Yup just drag from either corner of the screen diagonally across the screen. It'll take a few tries to find that 'sweet spot', cause I know that when I try to do it most of the time, I end up just opening my notification bar.

10-19-2015 08:07 AM

I just found this link that is another Samsung Web page that seems to still allows to download the latest version.

SideSync | Samsung
    10-19-2015 09:01 PM
    I think you're confusing Sidesync with SmartSwitch that is the one that does the backup, restore and file transfers. SideSync will just replicate your phone on your computer.
    Oops ... you are right! I started out looking for one and someone ended up with the other!

10-19-2015 09:04 PM
    I just found this link that is another Samsung Web page that seems to still allows to download the latest version.

SideSync | Samsung
    Thanks. That was very thoughtful.
    Up for 2 days and nights with toothache while waiting for unrelated biopsy results....it's nice when someone does something nice when having a bad day.

Sorry for whining. I'll try that tonight to keep myself busy. Busy is very good.
    10-19-2015 11:25 PM
    Use the s-pen to hover over links to get a preview.

Note in my house!
    10-20-2015 05:39 AM
    Use the s-pen to copy text that couldn't be copied by hand before ... love the s-pen. I think I have been using it more this past 2 weeks than I had over the last 3 years with my Note 3.

10-20-2015 09:25 AM
    Use the s-pen to copy text that couldn't be copied by hand before ... love the s-pen. I think I have been using it more this past 2 weeks than I had over the last 3 years with my Note 3.

This is really a nice feature.

Note in my house!
    10-20-2015 06:35 PM
107 12345