Note 5 Features

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure why carriers are disabling these features. It's one of the reasons I'm sticking with T-mobile. They don't disable awesome features, the bloat is minimal, no carrier branding, unlimited data, and upgrade every year.
I was on Tmobile for a long time and never had any complaints until I moved out of their coverage area.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
If you go into S-note and under "more" you can go to more features, add extension pack, and then you can create photo notes. What it does is recognize the text in a photo and allows you to extract it and manipulate it however you want. It works a little differently on the Note 5 than it did on the Note 4.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
In the gallery app, when you have a grid of photos, you can swipe from the left to view your albums and if you pinch or expand with your fingers, you can adjust the view of how many column of photos you can see.

sassypants2

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
In the camera app, aside from different mode features - I just stumbled upon the edit features of animating and creating collages from the roll (so without having to download different apps and go through multiple picture folders).

Sent with love from my Galaxy Note 5 ... 💋

NatalieB2015

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
One of my favorites widgets from the Note 4 is back and it looks like it received some refinement. The My Places widget allows you to create location based apps on your home screen and adjust user profile. For example, when I get into my car, I connect my Bluetooth and it automatically changes to my car settings with my car apps displayed. When I get to work, it automatically identifies my location through the GPS and turns on my WiFi to connect to my job's network, my volume is reduced to vibrate, and my work apps appear. When I'm at home it auto connects to my home wifi and I see the apps that I want to use at home.

^^This is great. What a great idea. But, I am curious looking at your screen image; how did you get the 2nd half - with the file names and the camera, T, and pen? Is that a different widget?

linuxmel

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Mine is a Verizon model. Probably correct about not having it in Nova. I found it in Touchwiz in the widget drawer, I originally had it disabled via Package Disabler Pro, doh!
But like I said I hardly ever use location unless I'm navigating, but good to know the option is there and wasn't one of the things to add to the list of ways Verizon strips the phones.

Is there such a thing as a carrier unlocked note 5?

Posted via the Android Central App

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
^^This is great. What a great idea. But, I am curious looking at your screen image; how did you get the 2nd half - with the file names and the camera, T, and pen? Is that a different widget?

That's the S-note widget. You get two options. And if you choose the bigger option you can make it full screen if you like.

Note in my house!

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Wireless charging has become one of my favorite features of this phone. I bought one for home and the office. So convenient to be able to just put the phone on it and not fumble around with a charging cord.

Note in my house!

Last edited:

kceciliaa

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Gesture wake up is just like quick glance on the Note 3! Go to settings -> accessibility -> dexterity etc. And it should be there. Yay! No more having the press the button to turn the screen on to check for notifications!

Posted via the Android Central App