Just wanted to see what smartwatch people are using with their Note 5. I was using a first gen Stainless Steel Moto 360. Sold it and got a Samsung Gear S. Liked both just sold them because they feel old now that new new crop of watches are out. Still deciding on which one to pick up. Kind of torn between the Gear S2 and LG Watch Urbane 2.

Sent from my Note 5
    10-11-2015 09:25 PM
    I'm interested in the same two. I would love to read a good comparison review on these two. Maybe even a good review of all this new crop of smart watches.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-11-2015 10:02 PM
    I've been torn as well. Right now i am using my LG G Watch with my Note 5 and it gets the job done but i am drooling for something new. I am thinking of pulling the trigger on the Gear S2
    10-11-2015 10:06 PM
    I'm using the Samsung Gear 2 Neo. Worked with my S5 and works with my Note 5.
    mari dub likes this.
    10-13-2015 04:15 PM
    LG G Watch R and LG Urbane-- also used with LG G4.

10-13-2015 04:18 PM
    Just wanted to see what smartwatch people are using with their Note 5. I was using a first gen Stainless Steel Moto 360. Sold it and got a Samsung Gear S. Liked both just sold them because they feel old now that new new crop of watches are out. Still deciding on which one to pick up. Kind of torn between the Gear S2 and LG Watch Urbane 2.

Sent from my Note 5
    I'd say the S2, but I've been reading too many negative reviews about the watch.

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 (32 gigs+white) running on T-Mobile.
    10-13-2015 04:59 PM
    I love my Gear S because if its 3G connection ability and use it with the Note5. The Gear S2 looks disappointing/boring in the looks department in my opinion. I am holding out for the LG Urbane 2nd Edition with LTE connectivity. If connectivity was not an option... The silver Huawei watch with the metal strap looks gorgeous...
    10-13-2015 05:34 PM
    Using a gear 2 with my note 5 and its working perfect, also used it with my note 3 thing connects easy and works like a champ

10-13-2015 06:26 PM
    The only thing keeping me from the Gear S 2 is that it uses S-Voice instead of Google Now. I deactivate S-Voice on every phone I get and use Google Now exclusively so I think the Gear S 2 would be worthless to me.

-Shawn
    Noting the world one S-Pen at a time
    10-13-2015 07:51 PM
    Until yesterday, I was using a Gear 2 (i.e., Samsung's Tizen watch). It was fine, but I really hated the charging method it uses. The contacts on the back of the watch became covered in dirt/grime any time I did anything outdoors that was remotely active while wearing the watch and I became sick of having to clean them to get the watch to charge. In addition, I never found S Voice to be particularly good, so I didn't use voice commands in connection with the watch. Also, I became fed up with the lack of integration with the apps I frequently use. So, I just switched to the new Moto 360 (the 46mm version). So far, I'm very happy with the switch. It takes a little getting used to, since most of the customization of the watch is done through the watch itself, rather than the Android Wear app, whereas the customization of the Gear 2 was done primarily through Gear Manager. The flat tire at the bottom of the watch screen isn't really noticeable and the screen on the 46mm is fantastically large compared to the Gear 2 (but, surprisingly, does not look unsightly on an average sized male wrist). Finally, I love that I can use the "OK Google" command with the watch. It seems that will greatly expand the uses to which I can put the Motorola watch as compared to the Samsung Gear 2.
    10-13-2015 08:03 PM
    I can see I'm in the minority, because I actually like my Note5 and Gear S2 combination. I had the OG Moto 360 and the Pebble before that. I like the design, fluidity of the OS, and performance on the Gear S2. Yes, S-voice may not be Google Now, but I didn't use it often on my Moto 360 either. I've found good uses for S-voice, which works for me. Better life, is VERY GOOD! Much better than my Moto 360. Take today, I decided to turn on 'always on' and see how my battery life plays out. Well, I took it off the charger at around 6:20a and at the time of this post (8:03p), I have 33% battery left. With 'always on' off, I usually hover around 60%. Now that's good in my opinion. Bottomline, this watch works best for me.

10-13-2015 08:08 PM
    Pebble Time. Primarily functions as notification for text, email and incoming calls. A charge will easily last five days before needing a recharge.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A
    10-13-2015 10:07 PM