Car Bluetooth Problems!

RKulsh21

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
I have had my Note 5 since launch and I have had a consistent problem with Bluetooth connectivity in my car.. It will disconnect and fail to pair with my car after about 3 days of it working correctly. Also when using my phone to make calls instead of playing music, the person on the other line cannot make out what I am saying half of the time. My Note 3 had absolutely no issues with this.

I have seen some problems with the bluetooth mentioned before, I am curious if any one else is having similar issues with the car side.

dasupaman23

Nov 24, 2008
Visit site
I have Bluetooth issues in my 2014 Ford Flex. It uses the MyFord touch UI. I can make calls and receive texts without issue. I cannot play any media. I haven't had a chance to see if there is an update available for my receiver yet. That could be the issue.

I do use a GoGroove Flexsmart 2 in my work truck. I don't have any issues with that.

Overall I've never had issues with any Bluetooth devices disconnecting. Only issue has been getting my phone to play music in my Flex.

Sent from my Note 5

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
No issues on mine. Some car systems need to be updated to work properly with newer Android versions, so I would try the following:
1) Does your phone work properly with a different car? If so, your car system might need to be updated.
2) Does another phone work with your car? If so, the issue might lie in your phone.
3) Does your phone work properly with any other BT systems, like headsets? If not, then it's definitely your phone and you might need to get it replaced.

I've had no issues with mine so far, both making calls and playing music.

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
more than likely there is a compatibility issue with the BT in your car and the N5. check to see if there is an update out there for your car. i am running into the same issue with music text displaying properly on my pioneer HU. Good Luck

plumcrazy

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
ive rented about 8 different cars/suv's plus my DD with my N5 and havent had a problem yet but i dont play music (only talk and sirius)

dasupaman23

Nov 24, 2008
Visit site
Update.

Just installed a new update to MyTouch on my Ford Flex. I can now stream any audio over Bluetooth without issue. If your head unit is having an issue I recommend seeing if there is a software update available. Ford released this update after the Note 5 was released. The notes said it was to improve Siri but looks to have fixed the issues I was having with my Note 5

Sent from my Note 5

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup, don't know what it is but some units do need to update for them to work with newer versions of Android. It's weird. One would think that after all these years a standards BT stack would be implemented without issues. When they finally get it right we'll be streaming with a newer tech :p

erezerez

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
Samsung S5 disconnects from car (ford focus) - Solved
After lots of research and losts of trial the problem was sloved for me.
The reason was the charger that was plugged into the cigarretes lighter plug.
It generated interference that caused bluetooth connection to break.
Once I replaced it with another, the problem was sloved.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma