02-16-2016 02:55 PM
144 12345 ...
tools
    In using it naked. No screen protector, but I do have a wood pattern dbrand skin on the back, only because it looks really nice and keeps the fingerprints away on the back glass. No scratches or blemishes anywhere
    10-18-2015 01:42 AM
    Some like it naked .. some don't. I use my MXPE naked and so far am loving it .
    10-18-2015 01:58 AM
    phones = tools/toys not investments
    sweetypie31 likes this.
    10-18-2015 05:35 AM
    I use a case and screen protector. Odd thing is I actually like the look of phones in cases with screen protectors. I have the white Note 5 with a black Tech 21 case and I love the look of the contrasting colors.

Note in my house!
    10-18-2015 06:31 AM
    Well after being in the cold for a few hours yesterday and realizing how hard the thin phone is to hold as your hands get cold I've decided to use a black Incipio Dualpro for the winter
    10-18-2015 11:21 AM
    Nope. No naked phone for me. I'm clumsy so I need protection for my phone. I don't care how pretty the phone looks outside of a case. All that pretty won't matter if I get the case of the dropsies and break my phone. Lol
    10-18-2015 06:30 PM
    I had a case for mine that I lost about a month ago but I haven't even though about until I saw this thread. The phone itself is still flawless

Sent from my Galaxy Note 5
    10-18-2015 07:34 PM
    But my biggest issue with using a case is it being tougher to use the headphone port and take the Spen out with many of them.

Also I just put my Spigen Hybrid Crystal back on last night because I've recently seen the results of a dropped S6 and a Note 5 in person and it wasn't pretty. Both owners had insurance, but I don't.

I only paid 300 for my note 5, but I'm trying not to fall into the this line of thinking "What we obtain too cheap we esteem too lightly" beacuse it'll still take 7 bills to replace it.

If or when Verizon has another asurion open enrollment I'll sign up and go naked all the time. Otherwise I'll wait a couple months & than roll case free!
    We can't get Asurion any more?

I've never understood the thinner and thinner phones. I find all of them uncomfortable to hold without a case.
    10-18-2015 10:28 PM

Also I just put my Spigen Hybrid Crystal back on last night because I've recently seen the results of a dropped S6 and a Note 5 in person and it wasn't pretty. Both owners had insurance, but I don't.
    I'm currently trying that case as well. I can't tell if the glass on the back of the Note 5 will survive if I drop it. The Neo Hybrid Crystal seem seem like a clear TPU case with hard plastic bumper... but then again, it's better than nothing.

The only case that I'm really confident about is the OtterBox Defender for the Note 5, but that thing makes the Note 5 feel like a mini tablet.
    stronggeek likes this.
    10-19-2015 03:12 PM
    We can't get Asurion any more?

I've never understood the thinner and thinner phones. I find all of them uncomfortable to hold without a case.
    You can, but you have to get it within the first 30 days and I did the "upgrade trick" on a different phone line to keep my unlimited. And I believe the insurance follows the line and not the phone so I'm out of luck.

But if verizon ever has open enrollment for the insurance I'll do it then.
    10-19-2015 04:23 PM
    Your're right it's better than nothing... at least until I get insurance.

What sucks is that I've never dropped the 5 with the case on it (go figure), but I've dropped it twice on my hardwood floor and twice on cement at work while sitting down without a case. It slipped right out of my pocket. My heart stopped each time! I got lucky. No breaks or scratches! But it's not just slippery in the hands as it can easily slide out of the pocket as well. Certain cases truly do prevent slippage as well as protection from falls.
    10-19-2015 04:32 PM
    Your're right it's better than nothing... at least until I get insurance.

What sucks is that I've never dropped the 5 with the case on it (go figure), but I've dropped it twice on my hardwood floor and twice on cement at work while sitting down without a case. It slipped right out of my pocket. My heart stopped each time! I got lucky. No breaks or scratches! But it's not just slippery in the hands as it can easily slide out of the pocket as well. Certain cases truly do prevent slippage as well as protection from falls.
    did you drop it on HARD wood floor or just hardwood floor? (there is a difference)

I had Asurion/Verizon insurance on my old S5. I accidentally dropped it in the bathtub while shooting video of my cat soaking in the warm water.(don't ask, he loves it... cries when I take him out).

I called Asurion and they sent me a replacement S5 the next day.

I figured that I was going to send the dead S5 back to Asurion, so I gave it a few drop tests in the Otterbox Defender case. No matter how hard I slammed it on the tile floor, there was absolutely no damage. I even went so far as to toss it out the 2nd story window, landing on the concrete driveway. Still no damage. The case was also fine, except scratches on the rubber and plastic parts. Too bad the Defender case was not waterproof. I reused that Defender case on the replacement S5.
    10-19-2015 04:58 PM
    10-19-2015 09:28 PM
    exact
    it just occurred to me that people reading this thread might have gotten the wrong idea...
    it's about fully-clothed people using naked Note5... not naked people using Note5.

Edit: on second thought, nothing wrong if naked people using naked Note 5. I'm sure
    people in nudist resorts appreciate that fact that the Note 5 has the S-Pen built-in.
    They can just write stuff on the Note 5 with no need to carry a pen around since
    they aren't wearing any clothes.
    10-19-2015 09:54 PM
    I've had it naked for about a month. Small ding on a corner which doesn't bother me, but got a noticeable scratch over the center of the screen. Just pot on a tempered glass protector and it made the scratch vanish. As much as I can't stand screen protectors, with a toddler around the house there is too much sand around from his park visits to risk further damage.
    10-21-2015 03:57 PM
    I do. Bought it on launch day. Minor nicks on the edges, no scratches on the glass. IMO Samsung devices don't hold their value enough to sacrifice the aesthetics with a case. I'll enjoy it for a year, get a modest return once I sell and move on.
    Actually they do hold their value IMO. I've sold all of mine but my Note 4 and sold them all for more than I ever paid for them. The least amount I sold one for was my S5 and I sold it for $300, all the others I sold for $400.
    stronggeek likes this.
    10-21-2015 05:09 PM
    Actually they do hold their value IMO. I've sold all of mine but my Note 4 and sold them all for more than I ever paid for them. The least amount I sold one for was my S5 and I sold it for $300, all the others I sold for $400.
    Yep! I agree. I sold my Note 4 and it's accessories for 565.00 a few months ago to prepare for the purchase of my Note 5.
    10-21-2015 08:40 PM
    Check out the obliq case on amazon, its what i have in clear. Almost naked but has a kickstand, like it so much better than my spiegen
    10-26-2015 04:14 PM
    I never use cases and don't want to with the Note 5, but this thing is the most slippery phone I've ever had.

Are they any screen protectors or similar that protect the back, leave an essentially stock look? Bonus points if it reduces fingerprints as well.
    10-26-2015 07:21 PM
    I never use cases and don't want to with the Note 5, but this thing is the most slippery phone I've ever had.

Are they any screen protectors or similar that protect the back, leave an essentially stock look? Bonus points if it reduces fingerprints as well.
    I got the Spigen Liquid Crystal. I also got the Neo Hybrid but it made it too big/wide. Returned it.

The liquid crystal is the best I've had. Can barely tell got one on. Very sleek. The fingerprints... It has them but I suspect no more than if you have it naked

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-26-2015 09:36 PM
    I went naked with Note 4 but won't with Note 5 until mid year. I do have dbrand skin and just got the spigen liquid crystal case. There cannot be anything thinner than this case except saran wrap or a full body skin. I have another clear case that I thought was thin but this one is much thinner.

Galaxy Note 5 Case, Spigen® [Liquid Crystal] Ultra Thin Premium Semi-transparent Lightweight / Exact Fit / NO Bulkiness Soft Case for Galaxy Note 5 (2015) - Liquid Crystal (SGP11708) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010MWEUII...cUvbUpU4776543

**** that is slick might have to order that..how's the grip and dose it stay on or u offen find urself poping a corner back on?

10-26-2015 11:34 PM
    I have the liquid crystal case and a thin pet screen protector. The case is more for a better grip. I also have the Tech21 case. Both serve a purpose. When I want more protection I use the Tech21.

10-27-2015 12:22 AM
    Mines naked now but I'm waiting on a case. No scratches or anything yet though I've had it just since friday

10-27-2015 04:12 AM
    I can't keep this phone in my big hands without it slipping out. Bought a skin from dbrand and that definitely helps. Using Spigen LC case as well from time to time and its really like nothing is there.

Those rounded sides are hot but man are they slick!
    10-27-2015 09:20 AM
    **** that is slick might have to order that..how's the grip and dose it stay on or u offen find urself poping a corner back on?

I have this one. Fits perfectly

10-27-2015 11:44 AM
144 12345 ...