02-16-2016 02:55 PM
144 ... 23456
tools
    I got the Spigen Liquid Crystal. I also got the Neo Hybrid but it made it too big/wide. Returned it.

The liquid crystal is the best I've had. Can barely tell got one on. Very sleek. The fingerprints... It has them but I suspect no more than if you have it naked

Posted via the Android Central App
    Thanks, I've ordered that Spigen in hopes it still seems "naked" and adds some grip. I'm also going to try going with just the back from the Skinomi clear skin. There's a YouTube video of it on the note 5 and they say it adds grip and it still looks stock. I'd post the link, but I'm one post from being able to do so.
    10-27-2015 12:25 PM
    I could drop a roll of 2 sided tape covered with stick em and pine tar. I need a double case and insurance. I'm also good at breaking buttons. Power buttons, volume rockers, no matter - I break em all. Oddly, never broken a screen. Not even a bad scratch and I do not use any kind of screen protector. The glass ones are ok but they seem to get more fingerprints than native screen.

I actually LIKE a thick case.
    stronggeek likes this.
    10-27-2015 01:07 PM
    I could drop a roll of 2 sided tape covered with stick em and pine tar.
    Hahaha. A+
    10-27-2015 05:43 PM
    Thanks, I've ordered that Spigen in hopes it still seems "naked" and adds some grip. I'm also going to try going with just the back from the Skinomi clear skin. There's a YouTube video of it on the note 5 and they say it adds grip and it still looks stock. I'd post the link, but I'm one post from being able to do so.
    I'm on record as being a case hater. I generally think they're all ugly. I get why some people need or want them, but I'm not prone to dropping my phones and I like the way my phone feels in my hand, especially the Note 5.

That being said, I always get the slimmest clear tpu case I can find. Clear because it doesn't take away from the look of the phone, and slim because I hope it will keep the phone feeling great in my hand without adding bulk. Typically I use them for about a week, maybe 2, then they get thrown in a drawer and pulled out when one of the kids wants to use my phone for an extended period of time.

Where am I going with this? I'm glad you asked. I got the Spigen liquid crystal myself, hoping for the same thing you are. As far as cases go, it's the best at doing what I want. Feels decent, nowhere near as good as without the case, but I didn't hate it. It's crystal clear, which is great, and even a little rounded on the edges just like the phone. That being said, the case lasted a record three weeks, but now resides in the drawer. I really just love the way the Note 5 feels in my hand.
    10-27-2015 05:53 PM
    I'm on record as being a case hater. I generally think they're all ugly. I get why some people need or want them, but I'm not prone to dropping my phones and I like the way my phone feels in my hand, especially the Note 5.

That being said, I always get the slimmest clear tpu case I can find. Clear because it doesn't take away from the look of the phone, and slim because I hope it will keep the phone feeling great in my hand without adding bulk. Typically I use them for about a week, maybe 2, then they get thrown in a drawer and pulled out when one of the kids wants to use my phone for an extended period of time.

Where am I going with this? I'm glad you asked. I got the Spigen liquid crystal myself, hoping for the same thing you are. As far as cases go, it's the best at doing what I want. Feels decent, nowhere near as good as without the case, but I didn't hate it. It's crystal clear, which is great, and even a little rounded on the edges just like the phone. That being said, the case lasted a record three weeks, but now resides in the drawer. I really just love the way the Note 5 feels in my hand.
    Thanks kj11, my Spigen Crystal Clear arrived and I've been playing with it for the last 1/2 hour or so and I came back to this thread to give my take and find your post. I might as well just reply +1. :-)

I have to think the Spigen is a minimal as it gets other than just putting a wrap on the back for grip. I'm ordering the Skinomi clear skin tonight. I think those two options, coupled with the going naked option, will be enough for me to make a decision.
    kj11 likes this.
    10-27-2015 07:01 PM
    I can understand it. Despite having small hands I actually prefer a thicker phone. I used to like the leather back. So buy insurance and go commando
    10-28-2015 07:57 AM
    Thanks kj11, my Spigen Crystal Clear arrived and I've been playing with it for the last 1/2 hour or so and I came back to this thread to give my take and find your post. I might as well just reply +1. :-)

I have to think the Spigen is a minimal as it gets other than just putting a wrap on the back for grip. I'm ordering the Skinomi clear skin tonight. I think those two options, coupled with the going naked option, will be enough for me to make a decision.
    Glad you like. I agree with other poster, very good fit and design. And as you said, about as minimal as you can get. I've had people want to see my phone and say "I didn't know you had a case on it"

10-28-2015 08:21 AM

Glad you like. I agree with other poster, very good fit and design. And as you said, about as minimal as you can get. I've had people want to see my phone and say "I didn't know you had a case on it"

So you've inspired me to dust off the Spigen Liquid Crystal and give it a go today. I must say, it really does feel better than I remember. There is nice grip to the sides. Again, not as nice as the phone itself, but it's pretty decent. I can't imagine a more minimal case out there. I love that it doesn't take away from the good looks of the phone.
    anon(9228075) and Wreckerr like this.
    10-28-2015 09:39 AM
    It's instances like that which get me all the time. Luckily it sounds like no screen or other damages other than the blemishes.
    Yeah I've dropped it a bunch of times since and no issues yet aside from the blemishes from the first time.
    10-29-2015 05:23 PM
    For me, case and temperd glass screen protector. My investment is for usability,, not to look pretty.. I actually like it's looks better with the case I have.
    sweetypie31 and Wreckerr like this.
    10-29-2015 09:32 PM
    I don't have the N5 yet but I was thinking a clear case with a 2 way kickstand would be perfect for me. I'm addicted to kickstand use.
    10-31-2015 09:58 AM
    What is the point of spending money on a premium finish and then putting it in a cheap plastic case. Isn't that like wearing an expensive outfit just to cover with a vinyl raincoat?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    This comment pops up in every new phone "who doesn't use a case?" thread.

Don't want to use a case? Great.

Some of us choose to. My device is provided by my employer but without insurance. If it breaks, I have to replace it out of pocket. So a case is cheap insurance.

I have this device for its business functionality. Bling factor is irrelevant to my usage.

YMMV.
    zmann and sweetypie31 like this.
    10-31-2015 11:11 AM
    Ringke case here.
    10-31-2015 11:21 AM
    I like the bling and have insurance but I am clumsy and all modern phones are too thin to hold. The all glass N5 may be the toughest ever. BTW, why put glass protector on the front but not the back? Should be tempered glass for both sides!
    Christine Aflak likes this.
    10-31-2015 04:32 PM
    How many folks have been rocking their Note 5 naked? How is it holding up??

As the days pass in more and more enticed to strip it of protection and hold as intended

12-30-2015 01:56 PM
    Dammit! I got duped by the thread title.
    12-30-2015 02:55 PM
    No way, this phone is too slippery and too much glass, I actually like holding it better with a case on
    zmann likes this.
    12-30-2015 03:33 PM
    Naked. Not a scratch, have never dropped it.
    12-30-2015 03:39 PM
    Dammit! I got duped by the thread title.
    Lmao

12MaNy likes this.
    12-30-2015 03:45 PM
    I've always had good luck not dropping phones. However, this NOTE 5 is all glass and a little... on the slippery side.

I find it totally hypocritical of the mfg'ers as they make these phones thinner, more lightweight, more vulnerable and with less battery...

Only to have most people put a case on 'em.

I bought an Otterbox Commuter case with JeTech Ballistic glass and I use sometimes in a leather belt holster.

With the latter, it's getting quite large on the belt.

I like the Otterbox.
    12-30-2015 03:55 PM
    I can't do it, the phone is too slippery for me. Every now and then ill take it out of the case while sitting on the couch at home but i couldnt imagine walking outside without a case lol.

I have several cases but right now the white n black speck candy shell grip is what im using and it feels great without adding bulk.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!
    Wreckerr likes this.
    12-30-2015 04:04 PM
    Naked Note 5 and GS6E+ for 4 months and not a ding, both look gorgeous and new!
    12-30-2015 07:04 PM
    Too slippery and always afraid I'm gonna break the glass at every moment when it's nudist beach mode. First phone that feels awesome in hand with case.
    Wreckerr likes this.
    12-31-2015 12:50 AM
    I roll naked

Attached Thumbnails Anybody here uses the Note 5 completely naked?-1209.jpg  
    demon_pc likes this.
    12-31-2015 01:27 AM
    naked and dropped 2 times on a jobsite (concrete) one small ding. not worried at all ,its just a phone...
    12-31-2015 05:54 AM
144 ... 23456