Anybody here uses the Note 5 completely naked?

jmy7213

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: anybody here uses the Note5 completely naked?

I used it naked once. It was all good till I was at McDonalds. The looks and stares I got, oh how I laughed and laughed, Till the police came. Nevertheless, I dont think I will try that again. Lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note V

Last edited:

vlfifthdawnlv

May 6, 2013
Visit site

I feel if I drop my phone, it's either going to be

1.) If the drop is high enough or the force is hard enough to break the phone, the case isn't going to protect it from shattering anyways
OR if my case CAN protect it from breaking,
2.) its probably bulky and ugly and I would rather run the risk of it breaking in the event of a drop than having that much plastic on.

I can try to prevent drops from happening but I can not prevent having to put my phone in pocket or any surfaces, no one can, so I always need to have a case to prevent minor scratches.

Currently using a Luphie tempered glass case which looks like a premium phone in itself. It wont protect any drops I'm sure, maybe the edges only, but it'll keep general wear and tear from rubbing against dust and particles inside my pocket and just laying it down on tables or any surfaces.

Mark Valentine

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site

I don't use any cases or screen protectors on my N5. I have gotten one or two small nicks on the aluminum bezel around the phone. You probably wouldn't even notice them if you were to look at my phone. I also have two cases but I hardly put them on because I don't like the additional bulk.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

tripjnj

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site

I only use a clear ultra thin TPU/poly case to give a better grip. No screen protectors, ever, dating back to my original Moto Droid, and never had issues with scratches.

me23brown

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site

I always use a case on mine. Personally I couldn't care less how the phone looks and all the "premium build materials" but I can appreciate those of you who do and like how it looks. Honestly for me phones have gotten too thin, I like to feel like I'm holding something substantial not something you have to baby all the time.

phamquan_225

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site

Its not case, its only the piece of leather sticked on back. And it can be written whatever you want by lazer

scottishlassy

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

First thing I do after getting a new phone, Spigen case and Invisible Shield glass shield on it. Always!

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site

I went naked with Note 4 but won't with Note 5 until mid year. I do have dbrand skin and just got the spigen liquid crystal case. There cannot be anything thinner than this case except saran wrap or a full body skin. I have another clear case that I thought was thin but this one is much thinner.

Galaxy Note 5 Case, Spigen® [Liquid Crystal] Ultra Thin Premium Semi-transparent Lightweight / Exact Fit / NO Bulkiness Soft Case for Galaxy Note 5 (2015) - Liquid Crystal (SGP11708) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010MWEUI...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4752115

Posted via the Android Central App

I've been debating on that one and the Neo Hybrid or ultra hybrid one. But kept coming back to the basic liquid crystal one.

So it's thin and looks good? I always wondered if they looked plasticy or cheap in the plastic clear case... . The pics look good.

precon22

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site

What is the point of spending money on a premium finish and then putting it in a cheap plastic case. Isn't that like wearing an expensive outfit just to cover with a vinyl raincoat?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Just to have your expensive outfit get splashed with mud because a car drove through a puddle. Yeah no thanks

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

plumcrazy

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site

putting a case on a phone reminds me of my 80 year old italian aunt with her clear couch cover thingys....never understood that either

stronggeek

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Same, but I go back and fourth depending on what I'm doing and how clumsy I feel that day!

You know for the 1st week I went naked but was getting nervous so put a Spigen Hybrid Crystal on it, that lasted for about 5 weeks and this morning I pulled it off and went back naked. The deep blue hue of the black sapphire is too gorgeous to cover up !!

But my biggest issue with using a case is it being tougher to use the headphone port and take the Spen out with many of them.

Also I just put my Spigen Hybrid Crystal back on last night because I've recently seen the results of a dropped S6 and a Note 5 in person and it wasn't pretty. Both owners had insurance, but I don't.

I only paid 300 for my note 5, but I'm trying not to fall into the this line of thinking "What we obtain too cheap we esteem too lightly" beacuse it'll still take 7 bills to replace it.

If or when Verizon has another asurion open enrollment I'll sign up and go naked all the time. Otherwise I'll wait a couple months & than roll case free!

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site

Mine is named most of the time and I love it. I also have the Spigen liquid crystal that I throw on occasionally, I'm fairly certain there isn't a better case when it comes to thinness

So it doesn't add bulk? Does it look transparent or does it look like plastic wrapping

double923

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

As much as I want to, I am using slim case. Even that I already dropped my Note 5 twice on to the pavement.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site

I don't leave the phone store without an Otterbox defender. Then I order a spigen slim armor and tempered glass from amazon. I'm a mechanic so I need the protection.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

I've been debating on that one and the Neo Hybrid or ultra hybrid one. But kept coming back to the basic liquid crystal one.

So it's thin and looks good? I always wondered if they looked plasticy or cheap in the plastic clear case... . The pics look good.

It's very thin. It does look pretty good when I have it on. Looks transparent.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800