Anybody here uses the Note 5 completely naked?

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: anybody here uses the Note5 completely naked?

Thanks kj11, my Spigen Crystal Clear arrived and I've been playing with it for the last 1/2 hour or so and I came back to this thread to give my take and find your post. I might as well just reply +1. :)

I have to think the Spigen is a minimal as it gets other than just putting a wrap on the back for grip. I'm ordering the Skinomi clear skin tonight. I think those two options, coupled with the going naked option, will be enough for me to make a decision.

Glad you like. I agree with other poster, very good fit and design. And as you said, about as minimal as you can get. I've had people want to see my phone and say "I didn't know you had a case on it"

Posted via the Android Central App

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

Thanks kj11, my Spigen Crystal Clear arrived and I've been playing with it for the last 1/2 hour or so and I came back to this thread to give my take and find your post. I might as well just reply +1. :)

I have to think the Spigen is a minimal as it gets other than just putting a wrap on the back for grip. I'm ordering the Skinomi clear skin tonight. I think those two options, coupled with the going naked option, will be enough for me to make a decision.

Glad you like. I agree with other poster, very good fit and design. And as you said, about as minimal as you can get. I've had people want to see my phone and say "I didn't know you had a case on it"

So you've inspired me to dust off the Spigen Liquid Crystal and give it a go today. I must say, it really does feel better than I remember. There is nice grip to the sides. Again, not as nice as the phone itself, but it's pretty decent. I can't imagine a more minimal case out there. I love that it doesn't take away from the good looks of the phone.

knightblaze

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site

It's instances like that which get me all the time. Luckily it sounds like no screen or other damages other than the blemishes.
Yeah I've dropped it a bunch of times since and no issues yet aside from the blemishes from the first time.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

For me, case and temperd glass screen protector. My investment is for usability,, not to look pretty.. I actually like it's looks better with the case I have.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

I don't have the N5 yet but I was thinking a clear case with a 2 way kickstand would be perfect for me. I'm addicted to kickstand use.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

What is the point of spending money on a premium finish and then putting it in a cheap plastic case. Isn't that like wearing an expensive outfit just to cover with a vinyl raincoat?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
This comment pops up in every new phone "who doesn't use a case?" thread.

Don't want to use a case? Great.

Some of us choose to. My device is provided by my employer but without insurance. If it breaks, I have to replace it out of pocket. So a case is cheap insurance.

I have this device for its business functionality. Bling factor is irrelevant to my usage.

YMMV.

Last edited:

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

I like the bling and have insurance but I am clumsy and all modern phones are too thin to hold. The all glass N5 may be the toughest ever. BTW, why put glass protector on the front but not the back? Should be tempered glass for both sides!

Laserbutt

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
are you naked?

How many folks have been rocking their Note 5 naked? How is it holding up??

As the days pass in more and more enticed to strip it of protection and hold as intended

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: are you naked?

I've always had good luck not dropping phones. However, this NOTE 5 is all glass and a little... on the slippery side.

I find it totally hypocritical of the mfg'ers as they make these phones thinner, more lightweight, more vulnerable and with less battery...

Only to have most people put a case on 'em.

I bought an Otterbox Commuter case with JeTech Ballistic glass and I use sometimes in a leather belt holster.

With the latter, it's getting quite large on the belt.

I like the Otterbox.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site

I can't do it, the phone is too slippery for me. Every now and then ill take it out of the case while sitting on the couch at home but i couldnt imagine walking outside without a case lol.

I have several cases but right now the white n black speck candy shell grip is what im using and it feels great without adding bulk.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

IamPro

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site

Too slippery and always afraid I'm gonna break the glass at every moment when it's nudist beach mode. First phone that feels awesome in hand with case.

plumcrazy

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site

naked and dropped 2 times on a jobsite (concrete) one small ding. not worried at all ,its just a phone...

TTQ225

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site

Mine is naked since day 1 which was couple of months ago. Never dropped it and enjoying its platinum beauty. I just spend few more seconds before I pull it from my pocket to ensure that I have a firm grip on it. Also, when I talk on the phone I put my pinkie finger under the phone to support it and to prevent slippage.

Posted on shiny naked titanium silver Note 5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol