Note 5 Lockscreen during calls

arobi008

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone experienced an issue with their Note 5 regarding the phone not locking during calls automatically? I have my settings set that my screen is turned off and locked with a press of the power button. Sometimes during a call when the phone is by my ear and the screen goes black, it comes back on and my face starts to open apps, browsers, etc. I also noticed that the notification pull down tray can be activated from the lock screen. Is this normal or is there a way I can disable this as well?

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure what you are saying. When the phone is unlocked and you take a call, raising the phone to your ear causes the screen to black out is the default setting (you can change it to screen staying on all the time though in the Motion section of Settings). But this is not the phone locking like when the screen times out or you push the power button. When you lower the phone from your ear the screen returns to its previous unlocked state.
On my Verizon Note 5 when I receive a call when the phone is already locked and I end the call the phone returns to its previous locked state.
So on my phone if the phone is locked when the call comes in it will return to the locked state at the end of the call. If the phone is unlocked when I take a call (unless set otherwise) the screen will turn off while the phone is raised to my ear but will return to the previous unlocked state when I end the call.

Angelred98

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
Mine does the same thing. It s supposed to lock the screen when it is to your ear but it doesn't. Apps open, it mutes the call, turns on blue tooth and a whole bunch of stuff. I have been trying to find a way to lock it so my calls will stop muting.

Note8uzer

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
I use an app called Screen Lock and Off. I was so tired of making a call not having the screen lock. You have to manually lock the screen but its better than no lock at all.

Posted via the Android Central App

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Mine does the same thing. It s supposed to lock the screen when it is to your ear but it doesn't. Apps open, it mutes the call, turns on blue tooth and a whole bunch of stuff. I have been trying to find a way to lock it so my calls will stop muting.

No, when the phone receives a call while unlocked, if set to turn off when the phone is raised to your ear, it isn't supposed to "lock" it is only supposed to "turn off the screen" and then turn on the screen when you lower your phone from your ear. This feature does not change the Lock/Unlock state of the phone.

antonik02021

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site

I have the same problem. I've been playing with different settings to no avail. Let me know if you figure it out and I'll do the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2