Good news for those who want to fully utilize their screen resolution and power on their new Samsung device. Samsung Just released a new app called Game Tuner where you can fine tune your screen resolution & FPS rate for all your games or just specific games. Your choice, enjoy!

Posted via the Android Central App
    BarfingMonkey and SpookDroid like this.
    10-14-2015 12:52 PM
    Nice tip! Thanks!
    ListenToJulian likes this.
    10-14-2015 01:11 PM
    Lame. Doesn't work on t-mobile note 5

10-14-2015 02:47 PM
    Why do you say it doesn't work? I haven't tried it (not really any graphics-intensive games on my phone, really) but it shows up as compatible...
    10-14-2015 02:56 PM
    Do you have to launch the game from within the app or once you've changed the settings it changes the games permanently until changed by the user?
    10-14-2015 03:12 PM
    There's a blue ball indicating which setting you're on. After selecting you're desired mode, you actually have to click the image on the screen to apply the mode. I just got done making a "How To" video on using the app. Here's the link:

SpookDroid likes this.
    10-14-2015 09:22 PM
    No problem!

10-14-2015 09:23 PM
    What issues are you having? If it's issues with settings, check out my how to video.

10-14-2015 09:25 PM
    There's a blue ball indicating which setting you're on. After selecting you're desired mode, you actually have to click the image on the screen to apply the mode. I just got done making a "How To" video on using the app. Here's the link:

Off topic - what app are you using to do the screen recording?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    10-14-2015 10:08 PM
    What's the point if it's going to make the game lag and lower the frame rate? I've already attempted this with Real Racing 3 and it sucks.
    10-14-2015 10:25 PM
    What's the point if it's going to make the game lag and lower the frame rate? I've already attempted this with Real Racing 3 and it sucks.
    How many games have you tried it with? Your assessment that it has "sucky performance" from ONE game is premature.
    10-14-2015 11:04 PM

Lol, no problem. I go back and forth between "recordable" & "AZ screen recorder" this one was done in AZ

10-15-2015 09:24 AM
    Without this app, real racing 3 is only running @ 50% of the resolution ratio. I tuned it up to 100% and the visuals and performance were amazing. I'm not sure if you're using the app wrong or what. I made a "how to" video on using the app if u haven't seen it yet

10-15-2015 09:50 AM
    Lame. Doesn't work on t-mobile note 5

It works on my T-Mobile Note 5?

10-15-2015 11:59 AM

Off topic but on topic... haha... This little bit of news just hit today.
    YouTube Gaming update adds mobile gameplay live streaming and recording support and more | Android Central
    10-15-2015 12:24 PM
    Still waiting for it. Hopefully it will work soon on the S6 Edge(SM-G925F).

10-15-2015 03:35 PM
    It works on my T-Mobile Note 5?

keeps saying my phone isn't supported and forces me to close it.

EDIT: Turns out one of the things I turned off with Package Disabler was causing the issue.
    10-15-2015 04:37 PM
    Without this app, real racing 3 is only running @ 50% of the resolution ratio. I tuned it up to 100% and the visuals and performance were amazing. I'm not sure if you're using the app wrong or what. I made a "how to" video on using the app if u haven't seen it yet

I can see where the resolution for the game has increased, but I don't see how performance has increased. It really doesn't look that much sharper, just smaller.

Note in my house!
    10-20-2015 05:27 AM
    I can see where the resolution for the game has increased, but I don't see how performance has increased. It really doesn't look that much sharper, just smaller.

Note in my house!
    Note in my house! Lol classic. You won't notice a performance increase unless your native settings were below 60fps. It's basically visual performance but makes a huge difference.

10-22-2015 11:40 AM
    It made a huge improvement for RR3 for me. The resolution is way better and I didn't notice a drop in framerate.
    10-22-2015 11:50 AM
    It made a huge improvement for RR3 for me. The resolution is way better and I didn't notice a drop in framerate.
    I guess I'm just used to games on my iPhone 6s Plus. It just seems games run so much better on my 6s Plus than on my Note 5.
    10-31-2015 12:53 AM