Hello,

I was thinking of getting a protective case for my Note 5. The Neo Hybrid Carbon in Gunmetal looks really nice and sleek.

I do like cases that have a matte finished kind of look to it. I wanted to ask to those who has or have had this case before. Are the metal coated buttons very shiny/glossy? And is the case overall very shiny/glossy?

Been seeing videos on YouTube about it, but still unsure.

Thanks,

TripleOne
    10-15-2015 06:18 AM
    I had one in metal slate and I really liked the color with the dark note 5. The case had good grip on the back with the carbon fiber texture, but the smooth plastic sides were quite slippery even though they had a matte look. The buttons were shiny and worked properly. I ended up sending the case back for a couple of reasons. I thought the case added too much bulk to the phone. It added about 6 mm to the width of the phone. Also the case "squished" in when you held the phone or pressed the buttons. Not only did I not like the feel, but the case pulled up my glass screen protector in the areas near the buttons and where it would rest in my hand. I ended up with the Spigen thin fit which I really like. It did not add much bulk and the matte look material has a good grip to it, unlike the Neo Hybrid.
    TripleOne likes this.
    10-15-2015 09:51 AM
    Another Spigen option you might want to consider is the Ultra Hybrid. I had the Hybrid Carbon and liked it but wanted to show off the design of the note 5 so I switched. Not your typical TPU case, perfect fit and form. The button overlays maintain crisp feel and incremental mass due to the case is minimized. Can't go wrong with Spigen period, just find one that provides what you are looking for.

Galaxy Note 5 Case Ultra Hybrid – Spigen Inc.
    TripleOne likes this.
    10-15-2015 11:26 AM
    Here's another Spigen case that you might like. It doesn't add much bulk and feels great in the hand. It has a kick stand that can hold the phone at a steep angle or a fairly flat one.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    10-15-2015 01:54 PM
    Having used both the Neo Hybrid (crystal) and Ultra Hybrid Crystal I like the Neo Hybrid better. I got the satin silver one and I really am liking the way the bumper pretty closely matches the color of the phone's natural metal edging and I prefer the buttons more than the sort of flush appearance on the ultra hybrid (which really isn't a hybrid case at all, it's one piece clear tpu).
    Also have a carbon en route.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-15-2015 02:14 PM
    Having used both the Neo Hybrid (crystal) and Ultra Hybrid Crystal I like the Neo Hybrid better. I got the satin silver one and I really am liking the way the bumper pretty closely matches the color of the phone's natural metal edging and I prefer the buttons more than the sort of flush appearance on the ultra hybrid (which really isn't a hybrid case at all, it's one piece clear tpu).
    Also have a carbon en route.

So the hybrid is not 2 piece? It seems to indicate that the back part is hard plastic and then a tpu bumper.

10-15-2015 02:55 PM
    The Neo Hybrid is two pieces, the ultra hybrid is one piece and quite flexible.

10-15-2015 03:07 PM
    The Neo Hybrid is two pieces, the ultra hybrid is one piece and quite flexible.

Yes, I was referring to the ultra. It shows 2. The liquid crystal is supposed to be their one piece tpu case.

So is the hard back on the ultra connected to the tpu bumper? The ultra is their "military drop tested certified" case....

10-15-2015 03:40 PM
    Looks about as one piece as can be to me!

Attached Thumbnails Spigen Neo Hybrid Carbon-483.jpg  
    10-15-2015 05:04 PM
    I think the 2 pieces are factory attached.

I have the hybrid carbon on mine, and while it does describe 2 "pieces," it comes as one.

Great case, though!
    TripleOne likes this.
    10-15-2015 05:42 PM
    I will say parts of it feel a little more rigid but nonetheless I call it one piece. It's a good case either way I just was rubbed the wrong way the way it is marketed as a hybrid which we all know is a distinct two piece design. Liking my Neo Hybrid much more than the ultra hybrid.

10-15-2015 06:00 PM
    Thanks for all the replies folks. I'll be checking out the cases today. Will get back to you guys
    10-15-2015 06:30 PM
    I had one in metal slate and I really liked the color with the dark note 5. The case had good grip on the back with the carbon fiber texture, but the smooth plastic sides were quite slippery even though they had a matte look. The buttons were shiny and worked properly. I ended up sending the case back for a couple of reasons. I thought the case added too much bulk to the phone. It added about 6 mm to the width of the phone. Also the case "squished" in when you held the phone or pressed the buttons. Not only did I not like the feel, but the case pulled up my glass screen protector in the areas near the buttons and where it would rest in my hand. I ended up with the Spigen thin fit which I really like. It did not add much bulk and the matte look material has a good grip to it, unlike the Neo Hybrid.
    Anyone else felt the "squished" feeling when holding the phone or pressing the buttons? Might bother me a little in the long run if that is correct.
    10-15-2015 06:31 PM
    Anyone else felt the "squished" feeling when holding the phone or pressing the buttons? Might bother me a little in the long run if that is correct.
    Nothing squishy about mine.
    TripleOne likes this.
    10-15-2015 06:40 PM
    Here's another Spigen case that you might like. It doesn't add much bulk and feels great in the hand. It has a kick stand that can hold the phone at a steep angle or a fairly flat one.

https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10...27acf32b7f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    That's what I'm using, so far I have no complaints....

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 (32 gigs+white) running on T-Mobile.
    TripleOne likes this.
    10-15-2015 06:42 PM
    I'm really diggin the Neo Hybrid Carbon simply because it has carbon texture on it :P
    10-15-2015 06:53 PM
    Just got it. And wow it's a great case with a solid feel and look to it. Got the Gunmetal color =)
    10-15-2015 10:33 PM
    Yes, I was referring to the ultra. It shows 2. The liquid crystal is supposed to be their one piece tpu case.

So is the hard back on the ultra connected to the tpu bumper? The ultra is their "military drop tested certified" case....

FYI, don't fall for the military drop testing marketing nonsense. There is no organization or agency that certifies compliance with the 810 standard, therefore companies can create the test to fit their product.

Because many of the tests can be expensive to perform and usually require special facilities, often times testing is never done and the product is only designed/engineered to comply with the standard.
    10-16-2015 01:43 AM
    I got 1 in gunmetal all this happened in the first week. But nothing since i have the crystal too only used it once because my note 5 is white and it kinna looks like a cheesy knock of iphone imo

Attached Thumbnails Spigen Neo Hybrid Carbon-4202.jpg   Spigen Neo Hybrid Carbon-4203.jpg  
    10-16-2015 03:04 AM
    Looks about as one piece as can be to me!

I kno this is gonna sound wierd but is it just me or when ur hands are kind of damp(im drinkin a bluemoon) does the crystal feel a little more slippery since its feels rubber based?

10-16-2015 03:08 AM
    I got this exact case and it is great. Slimmer than I thought as well. Already had someone ask me about it when they saw me using the pen.

10-16-2015 06:12 AM
    I have the black and red neo with carbon fiber backing and love it. It has already saved me from disaster when I dropped my phone out of my truck.
    TripleOne likes this.
    10-16-2015 08:19 AM
    I have the black and red neo with carbon fiber backing and love it. It has already saved me from disaster when I dropped my phone out of my truck.
    Love mine as well, if the carbon fiber were real that'd be even more dope!
    bassplayrguy likes this.
    10-16-2015 08:53 AM