I have had the note 5 since launch. Today my spen decided it wanted to break apart. It seems the glued that held the pen together gave up on me. Is there anything I can do besides put more glue in it?

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Note 5 S-Pen-1067.jpg  
    10-15-2015 08:30 AM
    Also I did not insert the pen wrong.

Nicole Gonser likes this.
    10-15-2015 08:32 AM
    You can get a new one for about 30$ or a drop of gorilla glue for a couple dollars. Gorilla glue is awesome.
    JohnnytheK likes this.
    10-15-2015 09:16 AM
    I have had the note 5 since launch. Today my spen decided it wanted to break apart. It seems the glued that held the pen together gave up on me. Is there anything I can do besides put more glue in it?

Although I am not a expert by any means, I've experienced the same issue. The first time when I went to push the S Pen to release it from the phone, the entire pen popped out of the phone into three pieces. (The top, the spring and the pen base itself.) I tried to put it back together, obviously it wouldn't stick, so I added a drop of super glue to the base of the own and quickly secured the top on. (I did scratch off the old residue left behind) I allowed it to sit out for an hour to make sure that there was no way it was going to stick inside of the phone. I used it a couple of times since "I fixed it", but two day later I I went to use the pen again, and the pen top itself only popped out with the spring leaving the pen base inside the phone. After lightly tapping the base of the phone to get the pen to pop out of the phone I decided to put two drops of superglue this time on the pen (one on the front one on the back) and then I quickly secured the top base to the pen top. I made sure that there was no excessive glue on the outside of it, I pulled on in a little bit to make sure that it was snug after it dried. Thankfully it's been about four or five days and I've not experienced any other problems. Good luck to you! I hope this helps.
    Mahmoud52 and debdroid1a like this.
    10-15-2015 10:04 AM
    I'll have to try gorilla glue when I get home. I may get it secured then swap it with my wife's spen being she has never used it.

10-15-2015 10:07 AM
    This is the first that I have heard about this happening.That's so odd.

Note in my house!
    10-20-2015 05:34 AM
    I just found a note 5 s pen on the ground outside of a coffee shop. Tried it with my note 5 and it works.

Note 5 is DOPE
    Gray Area and Mahmoud52 like this.
    10-22-2015 10:15 AM
    I just found a note 5 s pen on the ground outside of a coffee shop. Tried it with my note 5 and it works.

Note 5 is DOPE
    What!

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk
    10-22-2015 01:12 PM
    I had the same exact issue and as the others have done, I've used superglue, being very careful not to put any glue on the spring.

Mine was made more difficult by the fact that the body of the pen was stuck inside and I had to put the glue on the spring top and carefully align it back inside the s pen silo. Thankfully it worked!

So far it's been a week and no detachments, however I can already see that there is a small gap increasing once more between the top and the body. Will have to glue it again more securely before the body gets stuck inside.
    Attached Thumbnails Note 5 S-Pen-1445562531727.jpg  
    Mahmoud52 likes this.
    10-22-2015 08:08 PM

Note 5 is DOPE
    I hope you told the coffee shop you found it and how someone can reach you of they call the coffee shop looking for it.
    10-23-2015 03:39 AM
    If your spen breaks, call Samsung. That is a warranty item and they should repair or replace it.
    10-23-2015 03:41 AM
    The same thing just happened to me I use the s pen Alot and I'm getting ready to pull the s pen out and it jumps out at me broken like the pictures here 😢 I don't understand how something that's a selling point to a phone can break off so easy smh....

Nicole Gonser likes this.
    10-26-2015 10:14 PM
    That's exactly what happened to mine. I don't see the spring on mine .

11-10-2015 08:05 AM
    My pen also came flying out of phone when removing. The cap flew across sidewalk. I put cap back on but no spring action anymore. It appears spring must have came out also & I can't find. My pen was also inserted correctly.
    I can insert into phone, but I have to tap phone against my hand to shake the pen out. Also the pen detection is functioning normally because it recognizes that I have removed pen when I do this.

12-07-2015 03:35 PM