Replace Note 5 Gallery with Google Photos?

Sean Neubert

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

So I got my Note 5 a few weeks ago (coming from a Nexus 6), and while I love just about every bit of the phone there is 1 thing that has really been bugging me. All of my photos exist in Google Photos and every photo I take on this device will also go there... but when I try to interact with other apps to send photos and such I am always sent to the horrible gallery app.

For example, I want to add a photo to one of my contacts... but that photo is on Google Photos. My only option through the contacts app is to take a new photo or pick one from the Gallery. When I go to the gallery I am not able to pick photos from other apps (like we see in just about every other gallery/photo type app).

Is there any way to replace the gallery app or a workaround for when your forced into the gallery app?

elysm1

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
This is one of the few things that I would like to change as well. I've looked all over and have come up empty handed.

dllrogers55

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Can't you download the specific photo from Google Photos and save in a new folder within your Gallery? I created a folder called Contact Photos.

sirCLD

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
The pictures you see on Google Photos are in the cloud if they were backed up using your older phone and all new pictures, since you've bought the Note5, are on your phone...in Google Photos AND in your Gallery. If you want pictures from Photos...download them to use them on your phone/with other apps.

Sean Neubert

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! I did not even think to try it directly from within the Google Photos app. While it still sucks that you cant directly access your cloud photos from within the Gallery app.. at least there is a workaround.

Also, while I understand that I can download the photo to the device directly and then use the Gallery app... that is a step that should not be required if the Gallery app was designed correctly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol