Hi, I was listening to a preaching one day on my phone on YouTube, and I accidentally hit the home button and it kept playing the audio so I accidentally discovered that feature, and it was working fine til today I went to do the same and it doesn't work anymore, any idea what settings I need to adjust so I can get my videos playing in the background again?

I went to settings on YouTube and hit always on with background playback but no luck,now when I hit home it closes the video also,any ideas?

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-15-2015 05:17 PM
    YouTube background playback only works if you have a Play Music All Access subscription. If you don't have one, maybe you activated the trial period when you first got the phone and that's why it worked before. If the trial or your subscription isn't active anymore, you need to have the screen on or the app in the foreground for audio to play.
    10-15-2015 06:21 PM
    YouTube background playback only works if you have a Play Music All Access subscription. If you don't have one, maybe you activated the trial period when you first got the phone and that's why it worked before. If the trial or your subscription isn't active anymore, you need to have the screen on or the app in the foreground for audio to play.
    Oh OK, I don't remember ever being offered a subscription or me signing up for it, but thanks for letting me know.

10-15-2015 06:44 PM
    If you just opened the app for the first time and your Google Account was set up, it's usually a start 3 month trial pop up at set up. If you, like me, tend to just hit SKIP or OK to everything when opening up an app, that's where it might have been.
    10-16-2015 11:13 AM
    If you just opened the app for the first time and your Google Account was set up, it's usually a start 3 month trial pop up at set up. If you, like me, tend to just hit SKIP or OK to everything when opening up an app, that's where it might have been.
    Oh OK thanks

10-16-2015 11:25 AM
    I'm still in my 6 month trial of Google play music all Access from when I first purchased the Nexus 6.

Posted via my Galaxy Note 5
    SpookDroid likes this.
    10-16-2015 12:28 PM
    If you don't have a YouTube Red subscription then you can use a free app called Awesome Pop Up, which allows YouTube videos to play in the background.
    Thanks for the heads up I appreciate it.

11-18-2015 06:57 PM