10-22-2015 08:49 AM
121 1234 ...
tools
    Had anyone tried using the Google wallet card to connect with Samsung pay?
    10-18-2015 08:48 AM
    says "This item isn't available on your carrier" on my Verizon Note 5.....
    Mine still says this as well when I hit that play store link.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-18-2015 09:04 AM
    Interesting, when I try that link on my pc, it allows me to install it on my Note 5. That seems odd.

Kingster99 likes this.
    10-18-2015 09:15 AM
    I rarely go to McDonald's, but a new one just opened up right next to my office building. I now get my coffee there. At the drive thru window, I have to hand my credit card to the girl in the 1st window and she swipes it. If I get Samsung Pay, I assume this means I'll have to hand my phone over to her? Or is this very unsafe? I sure don't want my Note5 dropped or something.
    In this situation, I would just hand over the card. No counter monkey's are going to handle my Note 5.
    ramiss likes this.
    10-18-2015 09:27 AM
    I just used Samsung Pay at our Publix grocery store. Went so fast and easy the girl at the register didn't even notice.

Note 5, downloaded Samsung Pay from the Play Store and have not received an updated from Verizon.

pdub73 and Kingster99 like this.
    10-18-2015 09:41 AM
    I installed it, went to configure my card, and my credit union isn't supported yet. The same card I pay my Verizon bill with each month, and the same card I bought the phone with. Go figure. Someday, all these institutions will get their sh!t together. lol yeah right.
    10-18-2015 09:41 AM
    I can confirm that Samsung Pay works on my VZW GN5 using AmEx. In fact I just used it to pay for breakfast at a place with a card reader that looked like it was from 1977. It's very cool. Even sent me a notification receipt and had a small history pop up with past AmEx payments (whether via card or the just registered restaurant payment)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    10-18-2015 11:29 AM
    I didn't get any OTA update from Verizon and was still able to install the app and log into it, just don't have my bank supported in it yet. But otherwise all appears well.

I did have to allow a security update from Samsung to come thru though before the app would work, but nothing from VZW.

Does the thumbprint activation work? I would doubt it will actually work at a terminal because the necessary Framework is what is being updated by the OTA Verizon patch. But if you actually have it successfully making purchases with a Note 5 I am obviously incorrect.
    10-18-2015 12:20 PM
    Keep getting failed to download the latest version try again later. Installation failed

10-18-2015 01:08 PM
    Framework installation keeps failing

10-18-2015 01:39 PM
    I just want to confirm that I installed Samsung Pay last night and have used it successfully at three different merchants today. I have Amex that is tied to account. I didn't get the update from Verizon yet.

10-18-2015 01:40 PM
    I still don't have a system update from Verizon to activate it. What the hell?

10-18-2015 01:48 PM
    Does the thumbprint activation work? I would doubt it will actually work at a terminal because the necessary Framework is what is being updated by the OTA Verizon patch. But if you actually have it successfully making purchases with a Note 5 I am obviously incorrect.
    I've not received the Verizon update to my N5 but it is working fine, including fingerprint authorization.

10-18-2015 01:49 PM
    Keep getting failed to download the latest version try again later. Installation failed

I was getting this also. I factory reset device and it loaded perfect afterwards.

10-18-2015 01:54 PM
    I was able to install Samsung Pay on my Edge+ (VZW variant) this morning. Here are some observations:

1. I downloaded and installed the app from the Google Play store. FWIW, I have not yet received the VZW firmware update that supposedly enables Samsung Pay.

2. Once I opened the app, I was promoted to update to the security policy. However, when I tried doing so, nothing would happen. I remembered I had used Package Disabler Pro to disable numerous items. When I checked my list of disabled apps, I noticed that one pertaining to security updates was disabled. Make sure everything pertaining to Samsung security is not disabled via Package Disabler.

3. Once I re-enabled this app, I reopened Samsung Pay and was able to download the security policy updates. Interesting note though, as part of the install process, my phone downloaded and reinstalled Samsung Pay app, but this version appeared to come from the Samsung App Store. It said it would install over the previously installed version of Samsung Pay. So you need to have created a Samsung account and not disabled this functionality with Package Disabler.

4. After Samsung Pay had finished installing, I was successfully able to add my Am Ex card to my account. Received email confirmations from Samsung Pay and Am Ex that the card was successfully added.

Samsung Pay for Verizon Note5 available in play store-2015-10-18-11.49.35.jpgSamsung Pay for Verizon Note5 available in play store-screenshot_2015-10-18-11-47-20.jpg
    10-18-2015 02:18 PM
    I still don't have a system update from Verizon to activate it. What the hell?

Seriously , am I missing something. I haven't had a system update since the day I got the phone (9/25). And I've been checking the Play Store for the app and it's only when I click the link one of our fine breatheren gave that I find it. Then it says that it isn't available on my provider (Verizon).

10-18-2015 02:42 PM
    Seriously , am I missing something. I haven't had a system update since the day I got the phone (9/25). And I've been checking the Play Store for the app and it's only when I click the link one of our fine breatheren gave that I find it. Then it says that it isn't available on my provider (Verizon).

I just search for Samsung Pay and it's a long way down the list.

10-18-2015 03:27 PM

Same for me. Won't install and I haven't gotten an update from Verizon so I call BS on all of it.

10-18-2015 03:27 PM
    Like I said my bank card isn't supported yet so I'm not sure if it actually functions yet but it let me install the app and log in using my Samsung account, now just the wait for my bank card to work with it.

10-18-2015 03:29 PM
    I just downloaded it, and both my debit (PNC) and Capitol One credit card says they are not yet supported. I know on my Android Pay they both work, anybody have these issues?

play: Note 5 work:GS6 Edge
    Samsung Galaxy Gear S
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Samsung Gear Circle
    Samsung Gear Level
    10-18-2015 03:42 PM
    I was getting this also. I factory reset device and it loaded perfect afterwards.

Thanks the factory reset worked for me.

10-18-2015 03:43 PM
    App installed with no trouble, thanks to the link posted. Prompted to update app, no issues. Added credit card. Successfully used app to pay. Have not received a software update from Verizon. Like the access from the lock and home screens. Also like not having to enable NFC.
    10-18-2015 03:44 PM
    I've not received the Verizon update to my N5 but it is working fine, including fingerprint authorization.

Thanks for the update. In playing around with the Play Store version of Samsung Pay I realize that the Framework is included in the download.But as someone previously mentioned if you had side loaded the Framework previously (as I did) it is not possible to remove the Framework even though you can remove the Pay app itself. So obviously, my information regarding the Framework app being in the Verizon update is incorrect.
    10-18-2015 03:47 PM
    Not as easy to find as you might think. Here's the link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...g.android.spay

the link no longer seems to work?
    10-18-2015 06:25 PM
    the link no longer seems to work?
    Just tested, works for me.

10-18-2015 06:59 PM
121 1234 ...