10-22-2015 08:49 AM
121 ... 2345
tools
    OK. Here's the deal (or at least as much as I can share):

Hang tight.
    I've been holding my Note 5 tightly since last night. Still nothing. If I hold it any tighter, the Cubs will win the World Series this year.
    jboogie1289 likes this.
    10-20-2015 07:25 AM
    If you previously sideloaded Samsung Pay the Samsung Pay Framework is causing the error when it tries to update. Samsung Pay Framework cannot be deleted, so you have to factory reset your phone. Mines worked after the reset.
    My Note5 now has Samsung Pay, and I"ve used it several times without any issue.

My son has an S6 edge, he sideloaded Samsung Pay, couldn't get it to work, did a factory wipe, and he now has Samsung Pay which has worked repeatedly on his device.

Hope this may help some people.....
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    10-20-2015 08:22 AM
    My Note5 now has Samsung Pay, and I"ve used it several times without any issue.

My son has an S6 edge, he sideloaded Samsung Pay, couldn't get it to work, did a factory wipe, and he now has Samsung Pay which has worked repeatedly on his device.

Hope this may help some people.....
    So after he Factory wiped it, did the Update come through for him? Or, did the app just appear in the Play Store at the right time? I had sideloaded it previously but never used it because my card wasn't supported (just wanted to see if it would load on my device).
    10-20-2015 08:30 AM
    If you previously sideloaded Samsung Pay the Samsung Pay Framework is causing the error when it tries to update. Samsung Pay Framework cannot be deleted, so you have to factory reset your phone. Mines worked after the reset.
    You are referring to using a downloaded separate apk or the link that was on here to the playstore?

I was able to download the app finally using link provided here but still no update from Verizon although I am hearing it's today at noon supposedly.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-20-2015 09:44 AM
    I wasn't able to install Samsung pay until today. It was an odd install, however. I tried several days ago and it seemed to install OK. When I ran it I kept getting a message that the update failed and to try again later. At the same time that message appeared asking what program to use: package installer or one other (Avast??). I tried using package installer, but it failed to install. However, today, it did install. I got the "Update failed" message, but ignored it and selected the package installer to install it. It worked this time, and I was able to add a credit card.

That was before I updated the latest Verizon update available today.
    10-20-2015 11:40 AM
    You are referring to using a downloaded separate apk or the link that was on here to the playstore?

I was able to download the app finally using link provided here but still no update from Verizon although I am hearing it's today at noon supposedly.

Manually check for the OTA. I just received it around 11:15am (Central Time Zone).
    10-20-2015 11:46 AM
    I just got an update (literally 10 minutes ago) and I still can't find Samsung Pay in the store.
    10-20-2015 11:59 AM
    Got the update. But still no app in the store

10-20-2015 12:41 PM
    Here's what I just got......

Vishnuvardhan P: We expect the Samsung Pay app to be available for Verizon customers on Google Play Store on Wednesday, October 21st, in the afternoon. It can take up to 24 hours for the app to propagate to all Google Play Store servers.
    anon(9228075) and pdub73 like this.
    10-20-2015 12:49 PM

I was referring to an apk .
    10-20-2015 07:23 PM
    I was referring to an apk .
    10-20-2015 07:24 PM
    I downloaded the latest update 10/20/2015, for my Verizon Note 5, went to download the Samsung Pay app and as soon as I open the app, it prompts me to update my phone. There's nothing to update anymore. WTH. Any advise?

mxrider821 likes this.
    10-20-2015 07:48 PM
    Thanks dude I've been looking for this all day

10-20-2015 07:55 PM
    You need to scroll down quite a ways to find the app.

10-20-2015 07:58 PM
    I had sideloaded the app a couple weeks ago to no avail. Then I took the update today (after hearing Foxfi would still work).
    Added the cards that I had already verified before and everything works perfect. I never downloaded from Google Play
    And I can see the download link on both my pc and phone with both saying "installed" though I never installed from GP.
    I've used SP (beta) on an AT&T N5 before and when I switched I knew I'd miss this feature, but I'm glad I took the chance.
    10-20-2015 08:14 PM
    I downloaded the latest update 10/20/2015, for my Verizon Note 5, went to download the Samsung Pay app and as soon as I open the app, it prompts me to update my phone. There's nothing to update anymore. WTH. Any advise?

After you download the app, it creates a Samsung Pay icon. That icon isn't really Samsung Pay - it's seems to be just a placeholder to update the phone. You need to click on the icon and download the update and then install it with the Package Installer - at least that's what I had to do. If you get a "update failed" message, just ignore it and install it with the Package Installer. Once installed, the icon goes away and SP will be installed.
    ElectroWiz likes this.
    10-20-2015 09:28 PM
    After you download the app, it creates a Samsung Pay icon. That icon isn't really Samsung Pay - it's seems to be just a placeholder to update the phone. You need to click on the icon and download the update and then install it with the Package Installer - at least that's what I had to do. If you get a "update failed" message, just ignore it and install it with the Package Installer. Once installed, the icon goes away and SP will be installed.
    Can you explain this process a bit further? I installed Samsung Pay after the system update. When I open the app, it says an update is required and when I click on update, it opens the system update and shows it is already updated. What do I need to install with package installer? Thanks in advance.
    10-20-2015 09:50 PM
    I have applied the update (N920VVRU2A0J2), but the link in this thread reports it isn't available and going to the play store and searching for "samsung pay" gets a lot of stuff, but scrolling through to the bottom gets lots of samsung and other stuff but no Samsung Pay.

What am I missing?
    10-20-2015 10:09 PM
    I was able to install it from the play store about 90 minutes ago, but it is not working. Now when I pull the app up in the play store, it says the version is not compatible with my device...I don't know what is going on :-(

10-20-2015 10:30 PM

I have the same exact problem... Now it's saying my device isn't compatible and not showing up in the store. There's already issues and we haven't even got a chance to use it once yet lol

10-20-2015 11:56 PM
    Now working. I think Samsung pulled the app earlier. Just past midnight (West Coast) and there was an update for Samsung Pay... Updated and I was able to install the app (was previously getting the "Verizon update," although I already had the latest update)...
    Added my Citi card and I should be good to go (not going to the store at 12:30am to try this out)...

10-21-2015 02:36 AM
    Okay, either I'm thick or looking in the wrong place or I am hitting a play store server that hasn't been updated.
    I go to play store and search for "samsung pay" and scroll thru all the entries and it's not there.

If you're finding it, how are you looking for it, and if not in the Google play store, then where might it be found?

I installed the Verizon update earlier today. Do I need to do anything special, like wipe the unit, sacrifice an iPhone?
    10-21-2015 02:52 AM
    You know it's like someone is messing with us, I go randomly to look for Samsung Pay on Sat. Oct.17th not expecting to find it, and it's there, I download it, update as it requires and add my card no problem...

then come Monday the way I found it doesn't work anymore and the app can't be found. Search on Tuesday during the day same thing, can't find it, 12 noon hits Verizon releases a security update to enable Verizon subscribers to use Samsung Pay, I install that go to the play store still no app. 8pm Tuesday I check again just for kicks, and it's there, right after Samsung Milk Music, I didn't bother to come tell anyone here cuz I was skeptical, well I check again this morning and again it's not there...

smh they should have just sent an update with the app as part of it...sheesh...good luck to those still having trouble finding/installing or whatever other issues this app has...
    10-21-2015 03:07 AM
    It's there now, I just installed it.

10-21-2015 06:08 AM
    Can you explain this process a bit further? I installed Samsung Pay after the system update. When I open the app, it says an update is required and when I click on update, it opens the system update and shows it is already updated. What do I need to install with package installer? Thanks in advance.
    When I did it, when it finished downloading the update (about 30 seconds on wifi), I got an option at the bottom of my screen as to which program I wanted to use to install the update. I got this option because there was apparently no "default" program selected for installing packages. I had the option of the "Package Installer" or "Avast". I chose Package Installer, and it installed the update. Once I did that, I got new screens showing how to use SP.
    10-21-2015 07:03 AM
121 ... 2345