Samsung Pay for Verizon Note5 available in play store

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
When you search for Samsung Pay it doesn't come up immediately, you have to scroll down almost to the bottom, but it is there and I have it working on my Note 5...Idk why my other thread was removed but run and go get it!!!

Sorry unfortunately the above search method no longer yields any results (10/19) but I checked and all the links shared in this thread, and they still bring you directly to the app. Good luck

Last edited:

LailaAK

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
When you search for Samsung Pay it doesn't come up immediately, you have to scroll down almost to the bottom, but it is there and I have it working on my Note 5...Idk why my other thread was removed but run and go get it!!!

says "This item isn't available on your carrier" on my Verizon Note 5.....

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Just download and add my AMEX card. Works so far. Will have to try buying something tomorrow. Now just need my Visa and bank to come on line.

Posted via the Android Central App

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Downloaded and it's working fine on my Verizon Note 5. Have not tried to use it anywhere yet.
Is there a list of confirmed places that take Samsung Pay?
Guess I can uninstall the useless "Android Pay"now?

Cwey55

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Downloaded and installed on my VZW Note 5. Now to wait for my bank to be supported :/

Cwey55

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
For some reason simply searching for Samsung Pay doesn't put it anywhere near the top

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Downloaded and it's working fine on my Verizon Note 5. Have not tried to use it anywhere yet.
Is there a list of confirmed places that take Samsung Pay?
Guess I can uninstall the useless "Android Pay"now?

You can use Samsung Pay almost anywhere that has a regular "swipe" credit card terminal. If you've gone somewhere and paid for something by self-swiping your debit/credit card, you can probably use Samsung Pay there. Well as long as you have a card issued from one of the participating banks.

LailaAK

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
You can use Samsung Pay almost anywhere that has a regular "swipe" credit card terminal. If you've gone somewhere and paid for something by self-swiping your debit/credit card, you can probably use Samsung Pay there. Well as long as you have a card issued from one of the participating banks.

I rarely go to McDonald's, but a new one just opened up right next to my office building. I now get my coffee there. At the drive thru window, I have to hand my credit card to the girl in the 1st window and she swipes it. If I get Samsung Pay, I assume this means I'll have to hand my phone over to her? Or is this very unsafe? I sure don't want my Note5 dropped or something. :(

8100User

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I rarely go to McDonald's, but a new one just opened up right next to my office building. I now get my coffee there. At the drive thru window, I have to hand my credit card to the girl in the 1st window and she swipes it. If I get Samsung Pay, I assume this means I'll have to hand my phone over to her? Or is this very unsafe? I sure don't want my Note5 dropped or something. :(

You can swipe your thumbprint after launching Samsung Pay, and a countdown timer in the shape of a half circle slowly counts down. Once it gets to zero, there's a button which you (or the employee) can tap, and it'll count down again, but I believe the 2nd time is for a shorter period. They have to swipe or tap your phone to their terminal before the countdown gets to zero....everything else on your phone is locked up.

Now, if they drop your phone, all bets are off!

I used Samsung Pay at a local 7-11, where the manager kept telling my son it won't work right up until it registered, and also at a local Chili's, where they have a terminal at every table, to allow you to pay quickly and leave, instead of having to wait for the waiter to bring you the bill (I LOVE that feature at Chili's... hate waiting for my bill, when I'm finished with my meal and I'm ready to go)