Samsung Pay for Verizon Note5 available in play store

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I, like many of you have Samsung Pay installed successfully on my N5. I was able to add my BOA card with no problem. This is after I was getting the "Framework" error and reset my phone.

Has anyone actually used it in store successfully with a N5?

I have not seen anyone post that they have received the Verizon update to the N5 for this feature. I also read somewhere the update would be available on the 20th.

My wife's S6 received the update last night but she is unable to install the "paymentframework". She is also unwilling to reset her phone at this point in an effort to get Samsung Pay to work. So, I'm off to search for a fix.

Posted via the Android Central App

tvomjo122

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Just used it at McDonald's this morning and had no problems. I am using the Note 5 and did not receive the update from Verizon.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
The app's page in the Play Store says that it's not going live until 10/20.
I'll wait.
For me, it really does look like the best tap/pay solution anywhere on the market. I hope more banks get on-board. I've got a BOA card that'll work, but I have my "points" on a different card. I am going to send a note over to my preferred card asking them to get with Samsung on this.

Cwey55

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I didn't get any OTA update from Verizon and was still able to install the app and log into it, just don't have my bank supported in it yet. But otherwise all appears well.

I did have to allow a security update from Samsung to come thru though before the app would work, but nothing from VZW.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I rarely go to McDonald's, but a new one just opened up right next to my office building. I now get my coffee there. At the drive thru window, I have to hand my credit card to the girl in the 1st window and she swipes it. If I get Samsung Pay, I assume this means I'll have to hand my phone over to her? Or is this very unsafe? I sure don't want my Note5 dropped or something. :(

In this situation, I would just hand over the card. No counter monkey's are going to handle my Note 5. :p

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I just used Samsung Pay at our Publix grocery store. Went so fast and easy the girl at the register didn't even notice.

Note 5, downloaded Samsung Pay from the Play Store and have not received an updated from Verizon.

gozirra

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I installed it, went to configure my card, and my credit union isn't supported yet. The same card I pay my Verizon bill with each month, and the same card I bought the phone with. Go figure. Someday, all these institutions will get their sh!t together. lol yeah right.

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm that Samsung Pay works on my VZW GN5 using AmEx. In fact I just used it to pay for breakfast at a place with a card reader that looked like it was from 1977. It's very cool. Even sent me a notification receipt and had a small history pop up with past AmEx payments (whether via card or the just registered restaurant payment)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I didn't get any OTA update from Verizon and was still able to install the app and log into it, just don't have my bank supported in it yet. But otherwise all appears well.

I did have to allow a security update from Samsung to come thru though before the app would work, but nothing from VZW.

Does the thumbprint activation work? I would doubt it will actually work at a terminal because the necessary Framework is what is being updated by the OTA Verizon patch. But if you actually have it successfully making purchases with a Note 5 I am obviously incorrect.

Lego233

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I just want to confirm that I installed Samsung Pay last night and have used it successfully at three different merchants today. I have Amex that is tied to account. I didn't get the update from Verizon yet.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Does the thumbprint activation work? I would doubt it will actually work at a terminal because the necessary Framework is what is being updated by the OTA Verizon patch. But if you actually have it successfully making purchases with a Note 5 I am obviously incorrect.

I've not received the Verizon update to my N5 but it is working fine, including fingerprint authorization.

ucsdsig

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I was able to install Samsung Pay on my Edge+ (VZW variant) this morning. Here are some observations:

1. I downloaded and installed the app from the Google Play store. FWIW, I have not yet received the VZW firmware update that supposedly enables Samsung Pay.

2. Once I opened the app, I was promoted to update to the security policy. However, when I tried doing so, nothing would happen. I remembered I had used Package Disabler Pro to disable numerous items. When I checked my list of disabled apps, I noticed that one pertaining to security updates was disabled. Make sure everything pertaining to Samsung security is not disabled via Package Disabler.

3. Once I re-enabled this app, I reopened Samsung Pay and was able to download the security policy updates. Interesting note though, as part of the install process, my phone downloaded and reinstalled Samsung Pay app, but this version appeared to come from the Samsung App Store. It said it would install over the previously installed version of Samsung Pay. So you need to have created a Samsung account and not disabled this functionality with Package Disabler.

4. After Samsung Pay had finished installing, I was successfully able to add my Am Ex card to my account. Received email confirmations from Samsung Pay and Am Ex that the card was successfully added.

2015-10-18 11.49.35.jpgScreenshot_2015-10-18-11-47-20.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad