Samsung Pay for Verizon Note5 available in play store

jboogie1289

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
You are referring to using a downloaded separate apk or the link that was on here to the playstore?

I was able to download the app finally using link provided here but still no update from Verizon although I am hearing it's today at noon supposedly.

Posted via the Android Central App

Manually check for the OTA. I just received it around 11:15am (Central Time Zone).

jboogie1289

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Here's what I just got......

Vishnuvardhan P: We expect the Samsung Pay app to be available for Verizon customers on Google Play Store on Wednesday, October 21st, in the afternoon. It can take up to 24 hours for the app to propagate to all Google Play Store servers.

kevinpleasants

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
You are referring to using a downloaded separate apk or the link that was on here to the playstore?

I was able to download the app finally using link provided here but still no update from Verizon although I am hearing it's today at noon supposedly.

I was referring to an apk .

ElectroWiz

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded the latest update 10/20/2015, for my Verizon Note 5, went to download the Samsung Pay app and as soon as I open the app, it prompts me to update my phone. There's nothing to update anymore. WTH. Any advise?

stronggeek

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Got it working!

I had sideloaded the app a couple weeks ago to no avail. Then I took the update today (after hearing Foxfi would still work).
Added the cards that I had already verified before and everything works perfect. I never downloaded from Google Play
And I can see the download link on both my pc and phone with both saying "installed" though I never installed from GP.
I've used SP (beta) on an AT&T N5 before and when I switched I knew I'd miss this feature, but I'm glad I took the chance.

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded the latest update 10/20/2015, for my Verizon Note 5, went to download the Samsung Pay app and as soon as I open the app, it prompts me to update my phone. There's nothing to update anymore. WTH. Any advise?

After you download the app, it creates a Samsung Pay icon. That icon isn't really Samsung Pay - it's seems to be just a placeholder to update the phone. You need to click on the icon and download the update and then install it with the Package Installer - at least that's what I had to do. If you get a "update failed" message, just ignore it and install it with the Package Installer. Once installed, the icon goes away and SP will be installed.

prsnlcrcl

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
After you download the app, it creates a Samsung Pay icon. That icon isn't really Samsung Pay - it's seems to be just a placeholder to update the phone. You need to click on the icon and download the update and then install it with the Package Installer - at least that's what I had to do. If you get a "update failed" message, just ignore it and install it with the Package Installer. Once installed, the icon goes away and SP will be installed.

Can you explain this process a bit further? I installed Samsung Pay after the system update. When I open the app, it says an update is required and when I click on update, it opens the system update and shows it is already updated. What do I need to install with package installer? Thanks in advance.

lmb02

May 20, 2014
Visit site
I have applied the update (N920VVRU2A0J2), but the link in this thread reports it isn't available and going to the play store and searching for "samsung pay" gets a lot of stuff, but scrolling through to the bottom gets lots of samsung and other stuff but no Samsung Pay.

What am I missing?

prsnlcrcl

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I was able to install it from the play store about 90 minutes ago, but it is not working. Now when I pull the app up in the play store, it says the version is not compatible with my device...I don't know what is going on :-(

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

I have the same exact problem... Now it's saying my device isn't compatible and not showing up in the store. There's already issues and we haven't even got a chance to use it once yet lol

Larylicious

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Now working. I think Samsung pulled the app earlier. Just past midnight (West Coast) and there was an update for Samsung Pay... Updated and I was able to install the app (was previously getting the "Verizon update," although I already had the latest update)...
Added my Citi card and I should be good to go (not going to the store at 12:30am to try this out)...

lmb02

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Okay, either I'm thick or looking in the wrong place or I am hitting a play store server that hasn't been updated.
I go to play store and search for "samsung pay" and scroll thru all the entries and it's not there.

If you're finding it, how are you looking for it, and if not in the Google play store, then where might it be found?

I installed the Verizon update earlier today. Do I need to do anything special, like wipe the unit, sacrifice an iPhone?

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
You know it's like someone is messing with us, I go randomly to look for Samsung Pay on Sat. Oct.17th not expecting to find it, and it's there, I download it, update as it requires and add my card no problem...

then come Monday the way I found it doesn't work anymore and the app can't be found. Search on Tuesday during the day same thing, can't find it, 12 noon hits Verizon releases a security update to enable Verizon subscribers to use Samsung Pay, I install that go to the play store still no app. 8pm Tuesday I check again just for kicks, and it's there, right after Samsung Milk Music, I didn't bother to come tell anyone here cuz I was skeptical, well I check again this morning and again it's not there...

smh they should have just sent an update with the app as part of it...sheesh...good luck to those still having trouble finding/installing or whatever other issues this app has...

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Can you explain this process a bit further? I installed Samsung Pay after the system update. When I open the app, it says an update is required and when I click on update, it opens the system update and shows it is already updated. What do I need to install with package installer? Thanks in advance.

When I did it, when it finished downloading the update (about 30 seconds on wifi), I got an option at the bottom of my screen as to which program I wanted to use to install the update. I got this option because there was apparently no "default" program selected for installing packages. I had the option of the "Package Installer" or "Avast". I chose Package Installer, and it installed the update. Once I did that, I got new screens showing how to use SP.