10-22-2015 08:49 AM
121 123 ...
tools
    When you search for Samsung Pay it doesn't come up immediately, you have to scroll down almost to the bottom, but it is there and I have it working on my Note 5...Idk why my other thread was removed but run and go get it!!!

Sorry unfortunately the above search method no longer yields any results (10/19) but I checked and all the links shared in this thread, and they still bring you directly to the app. Good luck
    10-17-2015 06:20 PM
    Not as easy to find as you might think. Here's the link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...g.android.spay

Posted via the Android Central App
    Eddster, pdub73 and co.ag.2005 like this.
    10-17-2015 06:30 PM
    When you search for Samsung Pay it doesn't come up immediately, you have to scroll down almost to the bottom, but it is there and I have it working on my Note 5...Idk why my other thread was removed but run and go get it!!!
    says "This item isn't available on your carrier" on my Verizon Note 5.....
    10-17-2015 07:26 PM
    Just download and add my AMEX card. Works so far. Will have to try buying something tomorrow. Now just need my Visa and bank to come on line.

10-17-2015 07:55 PM
    says "This item isn't available on your carrier" on my Verizon Note 5.....
    I assure you it's working on mine, have you installed the most recent system update to your note 5?
    10-17-2015 07:59 PM
    Not as easy to find as you might think. Here's the link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...g.android.spay

Thanks man. Link & installation worked perfectly. Does anyone remember who, what & where had that offer for the free wireless charger?

Sent from my Note 5
    10-17-2015 08:16 PM
    Thanks man. Link & installation worked perfectly. Does anyone remember who, what & where had that offer for the free wireless charger?

Sent from my Note 5
    It was samsung but it expired last week
    10-17-2015 08:29 PM
    I was able to download it from the Play Store on my VZW Note 5 but i never received a update from VZW like on my S6 Edge
    10-17-2015 08:31 PM
    It was samsung but it expired last week
    Why am I not surprised?

Sent from my Note 5
    10-17-2015 08:42 PM
    Downloaded and it's working fine on my Verizon Note 5. Have not tried to use it anywhere yet.
    Is there a list of confirmed places that take Samsung Pay?
    Guess I can uninstall the useless "Android Pay"now?
    10-17-2015 08:57 PM
    Why am I not surprised?

Sent from my Note 5
    Yeah i am not going to lie. I was looking forward to it as well
    10-17-2015 09:08 PM
    Downloaded and installed on my VZW Note 5. Now to wait for my bank to be supported :/

10-17-2015 09:12 PM
    I use a local credit union for my banking needs... I'm probably screwed
    10-17-2015 09:13 PM
    I don't see it in the play store. Did they delete it?

Posted via my Galaxy Note 5
    10-17-2015 09:16 PM
    I don't see it in the play store. Did they delete it?

Posted via my Galaxy Note 5
    Try using the link posted above. It's almost impossible to find without it

Technified likes this.
    10-17-2015 09:24 PM
    For some reason simply searching for Samsung Pay doesn't put it anywhere near the top

10-17-2015 10:11 PM
    I use a local credit union for my banking needs... I'm probably screwed
    well... maybe... but at least you're not being screwed by the big banks!
    kj11 likes this.
    10-18-2015 12:11 AM
    Downloaded and it's working fine on my Verizon Note 5. Have not tried to use it anywhere yet.
    Is there a list of confirmed places that take Samsung Pay?
    Guess I can uninstall the useless "Android Pay"now?
    You can use Samsung Pay almost anywhere that has a regular "swipe" credit card terminal. If you've gone somewhere and paid for something by self-swiping your debit/credit card, you can probably use Samsung Pay there. Well as long as you have a card issued from one of the participating banks.

Le0_Br4zUc4 likes this.
    10-18-2015 01:20 AM
    You can use Samsung Pay almost anywhere that has a regular "swipe" credit card terminal. If you've gone somewhere and paid for something by self-swiping your debit/credit card, you can probably use Samsung Pay there. Well as long as you have a card issued from one of the participating banks.

I rarely go to McDonald's, but a new one just opened up right next to my office building. I now get my coffee there. At the drive thru window, I have to hand my credit card to the girl in the 1st window and she swipes it. If I get Samsung Pay, I assume this means I'll have to hand my phone over to her? Or is this very unsafe? I sure don't want my Note5 dropped or something.
    10-18-2015 02:28 AM
    I rarely go to McDonald's, but a new one just opened up right next to my office building. I now get my coffee there. At the drive thru window, I have to hand my credit card to the girl in the 1st window and she swipes it. If I get Samsung Pay, I assume this means I'll have to hand my phone over to her? Or is this very unsafe? I sure don't want my Note5 dropped or something.
    You can swipe your thumbprint after launching Samsung Pay, and a countdown timer in the shape of a half circle slowly counts down. Once it gets to zero, there's a button which you (or the employee) can tap, and it'll count down again, but I believe the 2nd time is for a shorter period. They have to swipe or tap your phone to their terminal before the countdown gets to zero....everything else on your phone is locked up.

Now, if they drop your phone, all bets are off!

I used Samsung Pay at a local 7-11, where the manager kept telling my son it won't work right up until it registered, and also at a local Chili's, where they have a terminal at every table, to allow you to pay quickly and leave, instead of having to wait for the waiter to bring you the bill (I LOVE that feature at Chili's... hate waiting for my bill, when I'm finished with my meal and I'm ready to go)
    10-18-2015 03:55 AM
    Ok so I, like many of you have Samsung Pay installed successfully on my N5. I was able to add my BOA card with no problem. This is after I was getting the "Framework" error and reset my phone.

Has anyone actually used it in store successfully with a N5?

I have not seen anyone post that they have received the Verizon update to the N5 for this feature. I also read somewhere the update would be available on the 20th.

My wife's S6 received the update last night but she is unable to install the "paymentframework". She is also unwilling to reset her phone at this point in an effort to get Samsung Pay to work. So, I'm off to search for a fix.

10-18-2015 07:09 AM
    Just used it at McDonald's this morning and had no problems. I am using the Note 5 and did not receive the update from Verizon.

Connert likes this.
    10-18-2015 07:37 AM
    The app's page in the Play Store says that it's not going live until 10/20.
    I'll wait.
    For me, it really does look like the best tap/pay solution anywhere on the market. I hope more banks get on-board. I've got a BOA card that'll work, but I have my "points" on a different card. I am going to send a note over to my preferred card asking them to get with Samsung on this.
    10-18-2015 08:09 AM
    Did anyone else notice upon installation that it asked if you wanted to "update" this application?
    10-18-2015 08:18 AM
    I didn't get any OTA update from Verizon and was still able to install the app and log into it, just don't have my bank supported in it yet. But otherwise all appears well.

I did have to allow a security update from Samsung to come thru though before the app would work, but nothing from VZW.

10-18-2015 08:28 AM
121 123 ...