help!!! with default apps

kceciliaa

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I want to set google photos as my default app instead of gallery, but when I go into applicstions and then to the default applications, it only gives me the option to set a default app for "home" and "messages". And when i want to upload a picture, I no longer get the prompt of "which application to use" and "just once or always" as I did on my note 3. Please help!!

Posted via the Android Central App

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Go to settings, applications, tap applications manager, scroll over to all apps and find the gallery app. Tap on it and scroll down and tap clear defaults.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

kceciliaa

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Go to settings, applications, tap applications manager, scroll over to all apps and find the gallery app. Tap on it and scroll down and tap clear defaults.

Right but do i have to do that each time?! I just dont want a default app. I want it to give me an option each time.

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Right but do i have to do that each time?! I just dont want a default app. I want it to give me an option each time.

I prefer that too but it looks like Samsung changed it and automatically makes your choice the default. Kind of a pain.

scottwood2

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I am looking for that too. Loved that choice on the Note 3, seems to be gone on the Note 5.

Sometimes a default app is fine but sometimes I want to go to different apps depending on what I want to do at the time. Please bring this option back!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Samsung removed that option for the note 5.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

kceciliaa

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Thank you everyone for your responses. Its good to know I wasn't just the only one noticing it and going nuts!

Dhanikz

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
This problem was addressed in a previous thread here. Solution : App picker classic

Clear your current default apps first for a fresh start. After installation, the first time you are requested to select an app to "open with" when opening a file, select app picker from the list. From there onwards the application will prompt you to choose the opening app every time

Matt Behnken

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
This problem was addressed in a previous thread here. Solution : App picker classic

Clear your current default apps first for a fresh start. After installation, the first time you are requested to select an app to "open with" when opening a file, select app picker from the list. From there onwards the application will prompt you to choose the opening app every time

Yeah downloaded installed but app picker classic isnt available on the attach image menu. It is for other menus like email, weblinks etc. Even after defaults were cleared

Dhanikz

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
Yeah downloaded installed but app picker classic isnt available on the attach image menu. It is for other menus like email, weblinks etc. Even after defaults were cleared

Can I ask you what you are trying to attach the image to?

Matt Behnken

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Can I ask you what you are trying to attach the image to?

It came up on another froum through attaching meme apps and images apps like bitmoji to stock messages. You can select these app when u choose the Paperclip but then it sets it as default and u must clear it to get those choices again. I could go to each app then share through messages app but that doesnt work with groups and takes longer. Currently other messaging apps (3rd party) dont have this problem because they dont rely on defualt choices for applictions for attaching.

Dhanikz

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
It came up on another froum through attaching meme apps and images apps like bitmoji to stock messages. You can select these app when u choose the Paperclip but then it sets it as default and u must clear it to get those choices again. I could go to each app then share through messages app but that doesnt work with groups and takes longer. Currently other messaging apps (3rd party) dont have this problem because they dont rely on defualt choices for applictions for attaching.

I see what you mean. But for me the main selection appears every time (to select between image, take picture, audio, snote, etc) it's only after I select 'attach image' the secondary options (attach from drive, Dropbox, gallery, etc) don't appear after the 1st time. This doesn't affect me because I have always attached pics from the gallery or from the file explorer. Both of which still can be done.

Before I knew about app picker I had "applications" pinned to the quick settings (see image) so I could quickly switch to it and clear defaults when I needed to. That's what I can suggest to you in this case.
uploadfromtaptalk1446872320991.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad Edmund