is it possible to record audio in stereo using my Note5?

LailaAK

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
is it possible to record audio in stereo using my Note5? or perhaps a Bluetooth microphone that allows stereo recording?

I can't remember the name of the app, but I once had this app that recorded in stereo, using the Note 3(or 4) microphones from both and top to create stereo recording... just can't seem to find it in the Play store anymore. :(

any suggestion appreciated!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does the Note5 voice recorder no longer record in stereo? I read in an review that the voice recorder in the Note 4 was much better, but it didn't specify if the Note5 records in mono or stereo.

Try Field Recorder.

LailaAK

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Does the Note5 voice recorder no longer record in stereo? I read in an review that the voice recorder in the Note 4 was much better, but it didn't specify if the Note5 records in mono or stereo.

Try Field Recorder.

Thanks! However, it's not possible to "try" Field Recorder" because the app costs $4.69. :)

The Note5's camera does record stereo sound when recording video. (using the top and bottom mics) I guess I can just use that with video at lowest resolution to keep file size small. Then I can take the video and just demux the audio from the video file. :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Remember that you can get a refund within 2 hours if you purchase on Google Play. That should give you plenty of time to test it out. I agree that it's one of the pricier apps out there, but if it works well, it might be worth it! Also, check out the list of Similar Apps on that app page to see if there's something else that's free.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh, I was assuming it didn't. OP, can you make a test voice recording, speaking into one of the phone and then the other?