shouldn't power saving mode turn off once I plug the charger?

LailaAK

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
I'm a little confused about the power saving mode.

I have it set to turn on when the battery goes below 15%.

Let's say the Note5 battery is at 12%, the power saving mode is obviously on. Screen is dimmer and so on.

At this point, if I plug in the charger and start charging the phone, shouldn't the power saving mode be turn off? On my Note 5, the power saving mode continues to be on, until the charger brings the phone battery above 15%.

This just seems a little silly to me.

BarfingMonkey

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to with basic here, is the percentage lower than your Set 15%, Yes, then trigger power saving. Is battery 16 or higher, yes, turn off power saver.

beep

James8561

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
yea looks like battery saver isn't off until the % is above the set level.
I'm used to Windows phone turning off battery saver when plugged in, but I guess this is the default for Galaxy

NatalieB2015

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
learned something new today. with this phone, that is not a surprise though I guess.

So, I learned that you can set when to start power saving. i have mine set to the default "immediately" because I didn't know it could be changed.

WHY would you have it set to 5, 15, or 20 percent power and not immediately? I'm not sure I recognize the difference between power saving and non power saving mode.

I adjust my screen brightness depending on where I am at. In reading the description it identifies that it limits max cpu performance, screen brightness, touch key light, vibration feedback and when the screen turns off after a notification. I guess I will remove power saving mode and see if i notice a difference.