fast charger only charges about 15 to 21% faster than the standard Samsung 2A battery charger

KiwiCoalBattery

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I've bee charging my Note 5 with the included fast charger and also my old S5's Samsung 2A standard charger. I always start charging from about 10%.

Based on what I've recorded so far, the fast charger is only about 15 to 21% faster than the 2A charger. (based solely on the number of minutes until full charge as displayed in the notification menu)

isn't the fast charger supposed to be MUCH faster than that?

just wondering....

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I've bee charging my Note 5 with the included fast charger and also my old S5's Samsung 2A standard charger. I always start charging from about 10%.

Based on what I've recorded so far, the fast charger is only about 15 to 21% faster than the 2A charger. (based solely on the number of minutes until full charge as displayed in the notification menu)

isn't the fast charger supposed to be MUCH faster than that?

just wondering....

It may be right, but the way I see it, the fast Charger was not done just to have a Full Charge faster, but to have faster charges when you needed the most, like when you are in a hurry, you need to go out and your phone have just 10% of battery left, if you connect your phone with a regular 2A charger in 10-15 minutes it may charge your battery about 20% but if you do the same with the fast charger it should charge around 1.5-2x than the regular one. The reason of this is that it's programmed to charge faster when it has lower battery and it slow a little after it reaches a target, this for safety purposes and to try to keep your battery last longer in the long run.

KiwiCoalBattery

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
It may be right, but the way I see it, the fast Charger was not done just to have a Full Charge faster, but to have faster charges when you needed the most, like when you are in a hurry, you need to go out and your phone have just 10% of battery left, if you connect your phone with a regular 2A charger in 10-15 minutes it may charge your battery about 20% but if you do the same with the fast charger it should charge around 1.5-2x than the regular one. The reason of this is that it's programmed to charge faster when it has lower battery and it slow a little after it reaches a target, this for safety purposes and to try to keep your battery last longer in the long run.

Thanks! That made perfect sense to me!