02-22-2016 03:11 AM
360 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    I tried it at Kaiser Hospital.... just kept getting errors. Then at walmart... it didn't play well. I agree that its fun to try...but not ready to leave my card at home yet.
    Delirious D likes this.
    12-19-2015 08:41 AM
    I tried it at Kaiser Hospital.... just kept getting errors. Then at walmart... it didn't play well. I agree that its fun to try...but not ready to leave my card at home yet.
    I'm surprised it didn't work at Walmart. I haven't had any issues there.
    12-19-2015 08:49 AM
    Same here. I'm used to carrying around a couple cards. I've been in a situation where my debit card won't work at one location for no apparent reason but another would. But with Samsung pay i feel comfortable enough to just carry one card. (The one not on the phone)
    12-19-2015 09:05 AM
    The biggest benefit I see by using SP is that your actual credit card number is not revealed, so in case someone breaks into that stores system, your credit info cannot be compromised.
    debdroid1a likes this.
    12-19-2015 09:18 AM
    I haven't had any trouble at WalMart but I struck out at Wawa, Old Navy, Macy's and Target (which I thought would certainly work). I'm afraid to even try it basically at this point (having to pull my card out anyway has gotten me annoyed stares at least once from customers waiting behind me). I was soooo excited to finally be able to use SamPay but so far (overall) it really hasn't been a good experience for me.
    12-19-2015 09:58 AM
    I haven't had any trouble at WalMart but I struck out at Wawa, Old Navy, Macy's and Target (which I thought would certainly work). I'm afraid to even try it basically at this point (having to pull my card out anyway has gotten me annoyed stares at least once from customers waiting behind me). I was soooo excited to finally be able to use SamPay but so far (overall) it really hasn't been a good experience for me.
    Samsung Pay worked for me in just about all of those places with the exception of Wawa. I don't know what that store is.
    12-19-2015 10:00 AM
    Samsung Pay worked for me in just about all of those places with the exception of Wawa. I don't know what that store is.
    Wawa is a local gas station chain. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but it worked just fine for me at WalMart (twice now).
    12-19-2015 10:10 AM
    I was declined today at Michaels.
    12-19-2015 09:08 PM
    I was declined today at Michaels.
    I tried it today at Panera... NOPE! I may need to just give up... unless I'm at WalMart.
    12-19-2015 09:34 PM
    I tried it today at Panera... NOPE! I may need to just give up... unless I'm at WalMart.
    Should have worked at Panera. The accept Apple Pay.
    12-19-2015 09:36 PM
    I've gotten it to work at Sams Club. Struck out at two Walmarts, but got it to work at one Walmart. Got it to work at Dollar Tree. Was not able to get it to work at Bed, Bath and Beyond.

It really is hit or miss....even when the CC machine is the new type that accepts chipped cards.

If this continues, people won't bother because it's annoying to everyone waiting.
    DvineMzM and debdroid1a like this.
    12-19-2015 11:22 PM
    I use it a lot at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Works instantly. I use it locally (Tampa area) and it has worked in 99% of the places I go.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-20-2015 05:49 AM
    Tried it out tonight and got some serious "WOWS" at Ulta. Wouldn't work at TJ Maxx, but worked fine at Kohl's. It's neat.....but i think using my card might be easier? I'll keep testing it out.
    I've posted earlier in this thread that using my card was, at that time, just easier for me. Some folks here pointed out some ways to use it more efficiently (i.e. not being the dork-in-line spending too much time futzing with his phone) and I've found SP to work surprisingly well. But, I have to agree with you and others here that it really needs to work reliably.

Yesterday for instance, I went to Wegmans, where it works perfectly, all the time. Then I went next door to a beer/liquor store owned by Wegmans, same terminals, and a place where SP worked before. I tried it 4 times, each time it threw an "Invalid" message, but the cashier pointed out that the payment was accepted. I couldn't tell. I've seen this before.

Stuff like that needs to be ironed-out in order for SP to really be a practical solution.
    Still, I'll continue to use it.
    Gray Area likes this.
    12-20-2015 06:24 AM
    I just had Samsung pay work for the first time at Food Lion. Previously I've tried a couple of times and couldn't get it to work right at other stores. I don't know if it was user error or what. But I finally tried it again at Food Lion tonight and it looked just like a Samsung commercial! As the payment went through everybody started clapping around me and said you are the first person that had their phone payment work with our system and then one of the cashiers said in classic commercial fashion, "we fancy" and I bust out laughing.

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5

DEVICE HISTORY (since they got smart)
    PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. Lenovo tab2 A8 50f WATCH: Galaxy gear
    12-20-2015 05:48 PM
    I've posted earlier in this thread that using my card was, at that time, just easier for me. Some folks here pointed out some ways to use it more efficiently (i.e. not being the dork-in-line spending too much time futzing with his phone) and I've found SP to work surprisingly well. But, I have to agree with you and others here that it really needs to work reliably.

Yesterday for instance, I went to Wegmans, where it works perfectly, all the time. Then I went next door to a beer/liquor store owned by Wegmans, same terminals, and a place where SP worked before. I tried it 4 times, each time it threw an "Invalid" message, but the cashier pointed out that the payment was accepted. I couldn't tell. I've seen this before.

Stuff like that needs to be ironed-out in order for SP to really be a practical solution.
    Still, I'll continue to use it.
    Does you receive an email/notification that a payment has been made using SP?

I always listen for my phone to go off to tell me that a charge has been made

12-20-2015 06:11 PM
    What is the update for the framework? Got a notification this morning I had 2 Samsung Galaxy updates. I haven't installed the pay one because of the problem last time when I had to factory reset my phone.

12-20-2015 11:21 PM

Never noticed a notification. No email for sure.
    I'll have to check next time.
    12-21-2015 06:07 AM

I get a notification.
    Delirious D likes this.
    12-21-2015 06:18 AM
    I get a notification.
    Same here.

I had one occasion where samsung pay said try again but payment actually did go through. Either way i get a little notification after.
    12-21-2015 06:40 AM
    Never noticed a notification. No email for sure.
    I'll have to check next time.
    Definitely check. I use it as an absolute verification on all my transactions.

12-21-2015 10:07 AM
    So after the Samsung Pay update that happened recently I noticed something very odd...I was getting "unable to complete transaction" or declined payments at the terminals. People insisted I had an iPhone but I gladly shut them up when they stated that. I thought it was the app so I've been re-adding the card frequently without realizing one thing; I have an Otterbox defender case. I really want to protect my phone's glass back, so I asked someone in live chat. The person kindly told me that "Samsung Pay works at optimal performance where there is a thin case or no case on the glass back". She told me to try a purchase without the case on it and the defender case is a bit bulky, so I just tried it at Target. I noticed that the transaction was approved when an hour ago it told me denied. It went through quickly and of course it caught the attention of the cashier. The cashier was like "Please Swi...Ooooh very interesting".
    I always use mine with my outterbox case on and have no problems

12-21-2015 12:46 PM
    What is the update for the framework? Got a notification this morning I had 2 Samsung Galaxy updates. I haven't installed the pay one because of the problem last time when I had to factory reset my phone.

What's the version of the framework?
    12-22-2015 03:54 PM
    I tried to used Samsung Pay today in a Publix in GA and it didn't work. I have used it there several times before. Why not this time? I have never gotten it to work in walmart anywhere. Are they updating the software and it is causing problems?
    12-22-2015 05:21 PM
    I noticed the other day at Firehouse they take Android Pay now as well (also Apple Pay) but I haven't tested it yet.
    12-23-2015 01:55 AM
    I tried to used Samsung Pay today in a Publix in GA and it didn't work. I have used it there several times before. Why not this time? I have never gotten it to work in walmart anywhere. Are they updating the software and it is causing problems?
    Someone in a different thread ( http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=588978). thinks Walmart is now blocking SP because they came up with their own payment.
    12-23-2015 08:37 AM
360 ... 910111213 ...