02-22-2016 03:11 AM
360 ... 1112131415
tools
    Samsung Pay rocks.
    Works everywhere.
    Why don't more people know about this?
    Samsung should be shouting it from the heavens.
    Apple would, if they could provide a service that works everywhere.
    zmann likes this.
    12-30-2015 06:45 PM
    Ever since the latest Verizon update mind has a force stop about 75% of the time. It's really getting frustrating that the app crashes in the middle of the transaction.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-30-2015 10:24 PM
    I think the people that are having problems are not doing something right because I use it everywhere I go to test it out and it works. Go on YouTube and look up samsung pay and look for the official samsung youtube. There are videos that will help

I viewed these videos. All confirmed I was using Samsung Pay 100% properly. It still has never worked for me at 5 different stores.

I'm starting to wonder if it is because I have my cards enrolled in Apple Pay, Android Pay, AND Samsung Pay. Either that or maybe because I have both Android Pay and Samsung Pay both installed on my device (due to Android Pay supporting Loyalty Cards).

-Shawn
    Noting the world one S-Pen at a time
    01-01-2016 11:50 AM
    Why won't it just let us use any card?
    01-01-2016 01:33 PM
    I viewed these videos. All confirmed I was using Samsung Pay 100% properly. It still has never worked for me at 5 different stores.

I'm starting to wonder if it is because I have my cards enrolled in Apple Pay, Android Pay, AND Samsung Pay. Either that or maybe because I have both Android Pay and Samsung Pay both installed on my device (due to Android Pay supporting Loyalty Cards).

-Shawn
    I would contact your bank and see what is going on

01-01-2016 07:13 PM
    I would contact your bank and see what is going on

My bank said I need to contact Samsung or the Carrier. Both Samsung and Verizon says it's my bank declining the transactions so I need to work with them.

Just an endless circle. I'm done with Samsung Pay. I'll use Android or Apple Pay or just stick with my physical cards. Samsung has a great idea but implementation is beyond poor.

-Shawn
    01-01-2016 08:05 PM
    My bank said I need to contact Samsung or the Carrier. Both Samsung and Verizon says it's my bank declining the transactions so I need to work with them.

Just an endless circle. I'm done with Samsung Pay. I'll use Android or Apple Pay or just stick with my physical cards. Samsung has a great idea but implementation is beyond poor.

-Shawn
    I may be finished after yesterday's debacle. I've been using Samsung pay everywhere for a couple of weeks but yesterday the transactions seemed to go through fine but my card was declined, twice at 2 different stores. I felt like a complete moron. It sucks when the cashier tells me that it won't work and I say "just let me show you that it will work", and then it doesn't. Now who's the dummy? I'm sure the cashier is laughing as I walk out.

It was nice while it lasted but now its a crapshoot. I might try it again at Self checkouts when nobody is watching.

Misszell likes this.
    01-02-2016 05:52 AM
    I was getting declined about 50% of the time when I was asked to put a debit pin. Now I either put or ask the cashier to select credit and it seems to work every time.

Gray Area likes this.
    01-02-2016 06:49 AM
    I may be finished after yesterday's debacle. I've been using Samsung pay everywhere for a couple of weeks but yesterday the transactions seemed to go through fine but my card was declined, twice at 2 different stores. I felt like a complete moron. It sucks when the cashier tells me that it won't work and I say "just let me show you that it will work", and then it doesn't. Now who's the dummy? I'm sure the cashier is laughing as I walk out.

It was nice while it lasted but now its a crapshoot. I might try it again at Self checkouts when nobody is watching.

Hey man, I had the same problem.

I used it at the gas station and it worked perfectly and then a little later at the grocery store and it said that the card was declined. However, when I pulled the actual card out and swiped it worked. You can't tell me that it's a bank issue.

I think that those kinds of things are going to end up discouraging people and the brand will be damaged because no one wants to take responsibility. I'm guessing the banks would rather you use the application they offer (next year!)

Lyall Demorrow likes this.
    01-02-2016 08:47 AM
    Hey man, I had the same problem.

I used it at the gas station and it worked perfectly and then a little later at the grocery store and it said that the card was declined. However, when I pulled the actual card out and swiped it worked. You can't tell me that it's a bank issue.

I think that those kinds of things are going to end up discouraging people and the brand will be damaged because no one wants to take responsibility. I'm guessing the banks would rather you use the application they offer (next year!)

I'm having the same issues - works some places - is declined others. It "could" be a bank-issue though. The credit card number that SP uses isn't the same as your plastic card. I don't know whose really at fault here, but somebody is. I can use it reliably at Whole Foods", but it now never works at Walmart and other places.
    01-02-2016 09:57 AM
    I'm having the same issues - works some places - is declined others. It "could" be a bank-issue though. The credit card number that SP uses isn't the same as your plastic card. I don't know whose really at fault here, but somebody is. I can use it reliably at Whole Foods", but it now never works at Walmart and other places.
    Same here. It was working fine for me but then yesterday it got declined twice. Pulled out the card and worked fine. Kinda weird because on Thursday I used Samsung pay 2 or 3 times and it worked fine. I have thought maybe it had something to do with the year changing. Will try again in a couple of days and see what happens.
    01-02-2016 12:19 PM
    Same here. It was working fine for me but then yesterday it got declined twice. Pulled out the card and worked fine. Kinda weird because on Thursday I used Samsung pay 2 or 3 times and it worked fine. I have thought maybe it had something to do with the year changing. Will try again in a couple of days and see what happens.
    I am beginning to believe it is not the fault of the bank, Samsung or the carrier, but rather the cashier. They refuse to do something to accept the transaction because there is not a physical card present. Thus the transaction is "declined" when really it was not processed correctly by the cashier.

That is, the cashier is saying to themselves "we do not accept phone payments and i will prove it. See it was declined."

01-02-2016 12:45 PM
    I am beginning to believe it is not the fault of the bank, Samsung or the carrier, but rather the cashier. They refuse to do something to accept the transaction because there is not a physical card present. Thus the transaction is "declined" when really it was not processed correctly by the cashier.

That is, the cashier is saying to themselves "we do not accept phone payments and i will prove it. See it was declined."

Most POS terminals don't afford the cashier that kind of control.
    01-02-2016 12:56 PM

It happens to me at Walmart self-checkout lanes where there is no cashier.
    yarnsrj likes this.
    01-02-2016 01:03 PM
    Samsung Pay, what's that? It was disabled on my device the second I received all my free goodies from Samsung. Will never need or use it. I prefer plastic cards in my wallet to be honest.
    Misszell likes this.
    01-02-2016 05:30 PM
    Samsung Pay, what's that? It was disabled on my device the second I received all my free goodies from Samsung. Will never need or use it. I prefer plastic cards in my wallet to be honest.
    You're probably better off. I went to a few stores today and did not even try to pay with my phone.

01-02-2016 06:35 PM
    One of the reasons I got the Note 5 was for Samsung Pay, but wondering if it's even worth trying. I want it to either work everywhere or nowhere.

The only time I use Apple Pay is when I want to show someone how it works. Otherwise I just pull out the card.

I get the feeling Apple, Android, Samsung, etc. Pay is going nowhere. Too many cooks in the kitchen now.

01-03-2016 04:53 PM
    One of the reasons I got the Note 5 was for Samsung Pay, but wondering if it's even worth trying. I want it to either work everywhere or nowhere.

The only time I use Apple Pay is when I want to show someone how it works. Otherwise I just pull out the card.

I get the feeling Apple, Android, Samsung, etc. Pay is going nowhere. Too many cooks in the kitchen now.

It works 98% of the time for me. I use it out of convenience, not to be a show off.

01-03-2016 05:02 PM
    Same here. It's more convenient for me to just pull out my phone and pay instead of digging out my card
    01-03-2016 06:18 PM
    It works 98% of the time for me. I use it out of convenience, not to be a show off.
    I will give it a try sometime when there is no one behind me in line. I'd be happy with a 98% success rate.

I mainly want to use it in locations that I don't really trust, like a kiosk in a mall.
    01-03-2016 06:51 PM
    After going shopping with a friend (who uses SP everywhere) I realize it was 'operator error' preventing me from getting it to work for me. I wasn't putting my fingerprint in prior to placing phone next to reader (DUH!). Since the correction I haven't had a single purchase not go through. I love it... it's amazing!
    Thanks for the tip, I was doing it wrong too, that's why I guess it was hit or miss whenever I tried using it! Since reading your comment I'm batting 1000!
    DvineMzM likes this.
    01-03-2016 11:06 PM
    Why won't it just let us use any card?
    The banks/credit card companies have to opt in, I'm sure there is stuff they have to do on their end as well; it has nothing to do with Samsung. I imagine the list will get longer as time goes on simply for the fact that Samsung Pay uses both NFC and MST which will work with just about every card reader out there except for the ones where you have to insert the card like at an ATM machine or gas pump.
    01-04-2016 03:49 PM
    Samsung Pay is more secure than using a plastic credit cards (at least the cards without the chip)
    01-04-2016 03:51 PM
    I don't have a lot to add, but I did use Samsung Pay for the first time last week; at a movie theater ticket kiosk. Long line at the box office, friggin' chilly outside, every yokel around here (I kid, I kid, I'm from "around here" too) is scared of using these things. I had no trouble at all using my Note 5 paired with my bank's debit card. I do believe I remember selecting "credit" instead of "debit" on the kiosk terminal.

btw, I was there to see "the Hateful Eight." Great movie!
    01-05-2016 01:13 PM
    I use it everywhere I can go. Never fails me through every transaction. I used to get a lot of reactions but now it varies where I go. I'm really considering leaving my debit card at home until I can get the gas pump trick to work (when I run out of gas this week I will). If Capital One wants to get on board with Samsung Pay, then that's two cards left at home. I really consider it useful especially when you have your phone out at the checkout and it feels and is secure. It's gonna be exciting seeing this phone be a common feature for the future.
    Gray Area and hub1 like this.
    01-05-2016 02:10 PM
360 ... 1112131415