02-22-2016 03:11 AM
360 ... 12131415
tools
    I use SP everywhere also with almost no problems at all. Only time it does not work is a cash registers with very deep card readers. I think they have all been NCR brand with card reader embedded in slot to the right of the screen. Probably if I had a little time to play around and a cashier that was interested, we could make it work. What is the "gas pump trick" you are talking about. I haven't heard about that one. It would be nice to pay at the pump with SP.
    01-06-2016 05:07 PM
    Still waiting for the $100 promised me when I signed up with SP.
    Have any of you been receiving it? I sent an email to prizelogic yesterday asking what's going on, but have not yet heard back.
    I have my email confirmation number which I sent them, but I'm beginning to doubt I'll ever see the $$$.
    01-07-2016 09:39 AM
    I use SP everywhere also with almost no problems at all. Only time it does not work is a cash registers with very deep card readers. I think they have all been NCR brand with card reader embedded in slot to the right of the screen. Probably if I had a little time to play around and a cashier that was interested, we could make it work. What is the "gas pump trick" you are talking about. I haven't heard about that one. It would be nice to pay at the pump with SP.
    01-07-2016 10:05 AM
    Was just at Dunkin Donuts. The store clerk rang up my order and as I pulled out my phone he loudly declared "we don't take Apple Pay here!" To which I said "ok" as I placed my finger on the fingerprint reader and held my phone near the terminal. It beeped and the receipt started printing. The look on his face was priceless. He just kept laughing and smiling in amazement saying "first time" over and over. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-17-2016 12:01 AM
    Was just at Dunkin Donuts. The store clerk rang up my order and as I pulled out my phone he loudly declared "we don't take Apple Pay here!" To which I said "ok" as I placed my finger on the fingerprint reader and held my phone near the terminal. It beeped and the receipt started printing. The look on his face was priceless. He just kept laughing and smiling in amazement saying "first time" over and over. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Same thing happened to me at a gas station near my house. Once I paid the clerk was in amazement. He then proceeded get hold up the line asking me what phone I had and how I did it.
    01-17-2016 03:18 AM
    So far it works at Walmart, Ross, heb, and footlocker for me. I haven't tried to use it at McDonald's again. That's the only place I had issues with it not working, but I think it was me not knowing how to use it.
    01-17-2016 02:09 PM
    Used at H&M today. Cashier wasn't sure if they take phone payments. I used it and it beeped and she's like "no it won't work". But when she saw the receipt come out, she was in awe.

01-17-2016 10:18 PM
    I got $10 credit from citi cards as advertised.

I love Samsung pay!!

I just used it at the fred Meyer gas pump.
    01-18-2016 11:02 AM
    So far it works at Walmart, Ross, heb, and footlocker for me. I haven't tried to use it at McDonald's again. That's the only place I had issues with it not working, but I think it was me not knowing how to use it.
    McDonald's have nfc also. Try using that next time if MST doesn't work
    01-18-2016 11:03 AM
    Used it at Walmart.. Flawless, very cool.

01-18-2016 12:09 PM
    McDonald's have nfc also. Try using that next time if MST doesn't work
    OK thanks. I'll try again.
    01-18-2016 06:12 PM
    Just used samsung pay on the vending machine at my apt complex.
    DvineMzM likes this.
    02-03-2016 05:50 PM
    Is samsung pay working on the gear s2 yet?
    02-04-2016 03:13 PM
    SP will not install in Note 5 international.

02-04-2016 06:16 PM
    I tried it at Denny's today, didn't work.

Either the girl at the register was daft or it flat out doesn't work.
    02-04-2016 06:36 PM
    It's not supported for international models yet

02-04-2016 10:21 PM
    Trying to add my credit union card but it still says not verified. Called bank, they said I was good. Samsung said to try and clear cache. Still no luck. Other cards get verified no problem.

02-09-2016 08:38 PM
    Kind of regret rooting now, tried pay before I did and it was great.
    02-10-2016 02:06 AM
    The first time I tried using it was at Walmart and it wouldn't take. Since then, I've used it at quite a few places. Well this morning I needed to do a quick Walmart run before work, and I was committed to make it work there. So I left my wallet in the car and just went in with my phone, determined. For some reason, the self checkout card reader doesn't play well with my Samsung Pay, so I thought I was going to have to rush out and get my wallet, but lo and behold, on the second try, it worked. The feeling of accomplishment and cool points abound.
    bluemoongreg likes this.
    02-11-2016 11:20 AM
    Question, I removed my card a while back and just added it again. I forget, do I select debit or credit card on the terminal or do I just hold the phone against the terminal without selecting anything? Thanks!
    02-11-2016 04:19 PM
    Depends on the terminal.

Delirious D likes this.
    02-11-2016 04:45 PM
    so how do you determine what to select? What do you look for on the terminal?
    02-11-2016 04:52 PM
    Had been using SP at Harris teeter for weeks but got declined today. whipped out the plastic and it worked great. To me there is just to many times that I don't know what to pick credit it debit and which store. It's pretty stupid. Was at a clothing store and the old lady with an attitude says "we don't have that here" after calming her down and explaining how mine is different, the d*mn thing is declined.

I will say they desperately need to add loyalty card support. Doing that would negate the need for Android pay on my phone altogether (minus the current tap 10 promo). Not needing to wonder if they have an nfc reader is great but it may make you look like a fool at some places.
    02-11-2016 10:21 PM
    Well, I can tell you that "Verifone" works with SP. Just place phone up the side of the MST strip reader where you normally swipe your card.
    02-13-2016 02:08 AM
    As a cashier, some terminals require the customer to place the phone near the reader first. Place the area (underneath the camera ) near the middle of the terminal. You may have to move it for it to go through. Some stores that you give the card to the cashier, the cashier may have to hit debit/credit and the card type in order to swipe. A place like Chipotle, does that all of the time (My store has the same NCR register as Chipotle).
    02-13-2016 10:59 AM
360 ... 12131415