02-22-2016 03:11 AM
360 1234 ...
tools
    Here's the plan. Take a deep breath and relax. 2 weeks ago many of us thought we would never get Samsung Pay. The update is out but it's not immediately available for everyone. This is normal. The app is not showing up for most people. Give it time to release and propagate.

If you have not gotten the update and/or don't see the app by the end of the week, then maybe it's time to start looking for a fix.
    Harlemknight likes this.
    10-20-2015 03:21 PM
    Go to the thread "Samsung Pay for Verizon Note 5 available" There
    Is a link to download from Play Store

Sent from my Note 5
    10-20-2015 03:42 PM
    And the link is not working for everyone yet... Like I said. Deep breaths.
    10-20-2015 03:44 PM
    From @Samsung Chat earlier today.......

Vishnuvardhan P: We expect the Samsung Pay app to be available for Verizon customers on Google Play Store on Wednesday, October 21st, in the afternoon. It can take up to 24 hours for the app to propagate to all Google Play Store servers.
    10-20-2015 03:55 PM
    I read that Samsung Pay will show up in Play Store on Wednesday October 21st around 3pm.
    10-20-2015 04:36 PM
    I'm updated to that Build Number but when I click the link, I'm still getting this........
    Attachment 202199
    Guess it's still a waiting game.
    Just curious. Do you have Android Pay activated and set up with credit card? Before I tapped on the link at top of thread, I deactivated my credit card & turned off NFC.

Sent from my Note 5
    anon(9228075) likes this.
    10-20-2015 06:04 PM
    Folks, the build number had nothing to do with it. I installed from Google Play before today's update. It'll be live soon.

Patience.
    10-20-2015 06:43 PM
    Just curious. Do you have Android Pay activated and set up with credit card? Before I tapped on the link at top of thread, I deactivated my credit card & turned off NFC.

Sent from my Note 5
    No I've never had android pay

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-20-2015 09:21 PM
    It is in Play Store here this morning. Installing now

Attached Thumbnails Samsung Pay Discussion-705.jpg  
    10-21-2015 07:54 AM
    I got all my US Bank cards uploaded and activated but my American Express card said it was sending an email with verification code but I've not gotten it over an hour. I tried again and still nothing.

10-21-2015 09:54 AM
    Something wrong. I got my AE email immediately.
    10-21-2015 10:04 AM
    Something wrong. I got my AE email immediately.
    I checked my email address sending to and it's correct. Checked spam too. I'll wait a little longer before checking with customer service

10-21-2015 10:07 AM
    Is anyone else having trouble connecting to Samsung to activate? I've been trying all morning with no luck.
    10-21-2015 10:11 AM
    got an verification text message near instantly.

I did get my AMEX card suspended once for no reason. At that point, I actually never ran a transaction through it. Called AMEX and they said call Samsung. Called Samsung and they said call AMEX. I just ended up added the AMEX card again and it's been working fine.
    10-21-2015 10:23 AM
    got an verification text message near instantly.

I did get my AMEX card suspended once for no reason. At that point, I actually never ran a transaction through it. Called AMEX and they said call Samsung. Called Samsung and they said call AMEX. I just ended up added the AMEX card again and it's been working fine.

whenever that happens to me, I start a conference call and listen as they blame each other.....

no point in wasting my own time and energy.
    10-21-2015 10:27 AM
    It is in Play Store here this morning. Installing now

It was located 4th in the list as above for me this morning also. Downloaded and installed Samsung Pay added my US Bank card and it is working to the extent it activates the fingerprint reader and my fingerprint activates the software. I will try out at store later today.
    I had side loaded an earlier version posted in another thread here and did have the Samsung Pay Framework that was non-removable on my Note 5 (ver. 01.16.0005). It is still there and active but Samsung Pay did install over it and is working.
    10-21-2015 10:33 AM
    Mine works as well. Loaded us bank cards but have had trouble getting confirmation email from American express.

10-21-2015 10:37 AM
    Lol. I got text option alerts for us bank but on Amex just got option for email. Weird.

10-21-2015 10:38 AM
    Lol. I got text option alerts for us bank but on Amex just got option for email. Weird.

what's this "option for email" thing?

too bad Navy Federal isn't on the list of banks and credit unions.
    10-21-2015 10:49 AM
    what's this "option for email" thing?

too bad Navy Federal isn't on the list of banks and credit unions.
    When adding cards you have to get and enter a verification code. On my US bank cards it gave me option to receive code via text or email or phone call. The Amex only gave me email option.

10-21-2015 10:53 AM
    When adding cards you have to get and enter a verification code. On my US bank cards it gave me option to receive code via text or email or phone call. The Amex only gave me email option.

sorry... I meant to say that it's not really an "option" if it's the only "option"
    10-21-2015 11:02 AM
    It is Awesome. I have BofA and works great. I enjoy wow'ing people everytime they swear it dont work on their machines and see it do. I think I am stealing some iphone consumers and bringing them Android or at least in my mind I am lol
    10-21-2015 07:57 PM
    I have a work AmEx on Samsung Pay but that's for work expenses. SP is working and it's fun to use. But I want to buy soda and gum and use SP all the time but my personal CC is not supported on SP. Thinking of cancelling my current personal CC and just getting a CC from BofA or Citi CC and boom it's done. I see all the complaining about lack of supported cards and I'm like "uh how about I just get a card that's supported"

I don't run a CC balance so maybe it's not as big a deal for me, but, seems like an easy way to play with the tech. Plus there are some introductory offers like 20k miles or cash back offers for new applications.

I'll keep the debit card for my bank. All I would be doing is replacing an existing CC with a new supported CC. Why do I care what bank it is so long as my tech works?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    10-21-2015 09:16 PM
    Used it first time today. Card swiper was behind the counter, said I just need to reach back here and touch my phone to your machine. They were like WHAT... But it worked great. Cashier was like wow that is so cool.

One question, I tried using it at a gas pump and couldn't get it to work. Will it work there and I was doing something wrong or will it not work there at those type swipers?

10-21-2015 11:25 PM
    Used it first time today. Card swiper was behind the counter, said I just need to reach back here and touch my phone to your machine. They were like WHAT... But it worked great. Cashier was like wow that is so cool.

One question, I tried using it at a gas pump and couldn't get it to work. Will it work there and I was doing something wrong or will it not work there at those type swipers?

don't think it will work at most gas stations.... the Shell that I usually go to has this weird card swiper. as soon as the debit/credit card(or in my case, the Shell gas-only business credit card) enter the slot, a motor or something inside pulls the card in and keeps it there for 5 seconds before spitting it back out... then the screen shows "authorized" and filling can start.
    10-22-2015 12:30 AM
360 1234 ...