02-22-2016 03:11 AM
360 12345 ...
tools

don't think it will work at most gas stations.... the Shell that I usually go to has this weird card swiper. as soon as the debit/credit card(or in my case, the Shell gas-only business credit card) enter the slot, a motor or something inside pulls the card in and keeps it there for 5 seconds before spitting it back out... then the screen shows "authorized" and filling can start.
    You are correct about that type of card reader. The magnetic strip reader is too far away from the surface of the machine to allow wireless connection to the phone. It is actually a security feature on the gas pump and atm machines.
    10-22-2015 10:28 AM
    Me too...I've heard that Chase is coming...

Posted via the Android Central App
    sqa4life likes this.
    10-22-2015 01:38 PM
    don't think it will work at most gas stations
    It won't at pumps since most have a switch for the physical card.
    10-22-2015 01:50 PM
    Hello, I have a quick question: I am using my Bank of America checking debit card with Samsung Pay with Fingerprint sensor. I have not tried to use it yet. Will I have to also enter my PIN number on the reader if using mag stripe option? How about NFC option? Thanks.
    10-22-2015 02:13 PM
    Yes, you will need to enter your pin if its a debit card.
    10-22-2015 02:16 PM
    Me too...I've heard that Chase is coming...

I am waiting too
    ovdevil likes this.
    10-22-2015 02:26 PM
    I was easily able to download the app and update the phone. Used it once on an ancient card reader in Asheville, NC and it worked beautifully, then tried it at least 8 other times and it wouldn't work. I uninstalled and reinstalled with a new card and it worked about 3 times, and now it hasn't worked since. Called AMEX and SAMSUNG PAY but got nowhere. I'm also on hold now at my bank, BB&T, to see whether they intend on getting on the bandwagon with their VISA cards. All in all, I have to say that it's easier to just pay with your card from any bank.
    10-22-2015 02:32 PM
    Yes, you will need to enter your pin if its a debit card.
    when I use my Bank of American debit Visa card, I've never had to enter the PIN.

Are you saying if I use that card with Samsugn Pay, I end up having to use the PIN? (which makes it less convenient than just using the actual BoA card?)
    10-22-2015 03:23 PM
    When I used it (also BOA debit visa) I had to enter my pin but I suppose it could vary by the specific terminal. I only used it once since I don't get the big deal about mobile payments. I have my wallet in one pocket and my phone in another and its just as easy either way. But maybe on a different machine I wouldn't need a pin.
    10-22-2015 04:14 PM
    I've been all over the place using Samsung Pay.

Posted from my Note 5 via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Samsung Pay Discussion-smartselectimage_2015-10-22-18-18-23.jpg  
    10-22-2015 05:19 PM
    It is Awesome. I have BofA and works great. I enjoy wow'ing people everytime they swear it dont work on their machines and see it do. I think I am stealing some iphone consumers and bringing them Android or at least in my mind I am lol
    I used at Sams Club today and rep 1 says Tech is so cool. Rep 2 says how did you do that. Rep 1 you know it's like Apple Pay on iPhone. Me no its a Samsung it works with more places than iPhone. Rep 2 says I have a gs5 can I do it. Me no sorry I think it's only on the hardware of gs6+ and note 5. Rep 2 I'm going over to the phone dept right now that was so cool. Another enlightened person I will not get paid for.

kevinpleasants and r56mcs like this.
    10-22-2015 05:29 PM
    Has anyone tried using SP at Starbucks?

Their card reader is on the register facing the cashier, making it very difficult to put the phone up against it.
    10-22-2015 05:56 PM
    Hello, I have a quick question: I am using my Bank of America checking debit card with Samsung Pay with Fingerprint sensor. I have not tried to use it yet. Will I have to also enter my PIN number on the reader if using mag stripe option? How about NFC option? Thanks.
    I didn't have to enter a pin. I used my debit card with Samsung pay today and rang it up as credit as usual. US Bank BTW.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-22-2015 06:49 PM

Their card reader is on the register facing the cashier, making it very difficult to put the phone up against it.
    I'm at Baskin Robbins right now and was hoping to show SP to my wife for the first time. Ends up they have the same register mounted card reader, so I just handed over my card. Reluctantly I might add. Lol

10-22-2015 07:12 PM
    I've been all I've the place

I'll never understand how you got out of Sam's Club for only $15.72

Also, how do you see the list of purchases?
    10-22-2015 07:28 PM
    I used at Sams Club today and rep 1 says Tech is so cool. Rep 2 says how did you do that. Rep 1 you know it's like Apple Pay on iPhone. Me no its a Samsung it works with more places than iPhone. Rep 2 says I have a gs5 can I do it. Me no sorry I think it's only on the hardware of gs6+ and note 5. Rep 2 I'm going over to the phone dept right now that was so cool. Another enlightened person I will not get paid for.

Almost every other day, someone tells me "hey, you're new big iPhone is so cool!"
    sometimes I feel like punching them. Is that wrong? It's a bloody Samsung Galaxy Note 5!!!!
    10-22-2015 07:29 PM
    Almost every other day, someone tells me "hey, you're new big iPhone is so cool!"
    sometimes I feel like punching them. Is that wrong? It's a bloody Samsung Galaxy Note 5!!!!
    I just simply take the S-Pen out and it's game over! They're like WTH?!
    And then sometimes do a "screen off memo" right in front of them. PRICELESS

P.S. And to answer your question. No, it's not wrong to "feel" that way.
    10-22-2015 08:04 PM

I haven't used there because I love the preorder function in the app. You really want to feel like a boss? Preorder your java walk in past the long line grab your stuff and walk out. The looks are priceless.

r56mcs likes this.
    10-22-2015 08:48 PM
    I haven't used there because I love the preorder function in the app. You really want to feel like a boss? Preorder your java walk in past the long line grab your stuff and walk out. The looks are priceless.

I'll have to try their app - it was a bit embarrassing trying to pay with SP - I didn't think in advance where the reader was, and it was foolish to try it.
    10-22-2015 09:12 PM
    I just simply take the S-Pen out and it's game over! They're like WTH?!
    And then sometimes do a "screen off memo" right in front of them. PRICELESS

P.S. And to answer your question. No, it's not wrong to "feel" that way.

no such luck... I have Note 2/3/4/5. Someone once said: "oh.. I gotta get a new iPhone... mine doesn't have the pen thingy!"
    10-22-2015 09:19 PM
    What is really fun is when you pay with SP and the clerk takes out her iPhone and wants to know how to she can make her phone do that. I told her to trade in her phone for a Samsung Note 5.
    She did not much care for that.

kevinpleasants and vm81 like this.
    10-23-2015 09:43 AM
    What is really fun is when you pay with SP and the clerk takes out her iPhone and wants to know how to she can make her phone do that. I told her to trade in her phone for a Samsung Note 5.
    She did not much care for that.

don't try to convert iPhone people... that cult is hard to crack
    r56mcs likes this.
    10-23-2015 10:01 AM
    I used it yesterday at Starbucks. Card Read Error flashed on screen but it went through. Everyone couldn't believe it worked. One of the cashiers said she's switching from iPhone to Samsung.
    10-23-2015 11:58 AM
    Yeah, I think it is a photoshop job! No way you make it out of Sam's Club for under $16!!

/s
    10-23-2015 02:35 PM
    Used it first time today. Card swiper was behind the counter, said I just need to reach back here and touch my phone to your machine. They were like WHAT... But it worked great. Cashier was like wow that is so cool.

One question, I tried using it at a gas pump and couldn't get it to work. Will it work there and I was doing something wrong or will it not work there at those type swipers?

It won't work in terminals where you have to push the card in like gas stations and ATM machines.
    10-23-2015 03:19 PM
360 12345 ...