02-22-2016 03:11 AM
360 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Looks like I'll be using Samsung Pay over Android Pay when Chase is added in November. I've used it with existing POS terminals and it works great.
    10-28-2015 05:51 PM
    Looks like I'll be using Samsung Pay over Android Pay when Chase is added in November. I've used it with existing POS terminals and it works great.
    This I can't wait for. I see the commercials about Samsung Pay and I just want to go out and use it. waiting on Chase.
    10-30-2015 06:06 AM
    Why does that suck? Just include Chase Pay in your phone and you're good to go.
    My thought is that Chase is using the lowest tech to do this payment. Samsung's tech that simulates a card swipe even on old-school store hardware is a home run IMO.
    10-30-2015 06:19 AM
    I read an article today from The Verge that announced that Samsung Pay has signed up 14 new banks in the US and that they will be active "in the near future" apparently by the end of this year.
    Samsung Pay is adding 14 more banks, will soon support gift cards | The Verge
    Great news! Thanks for sharing.
    So Chase is in the mix.
    Awesome!
    10-30-2015 06:21 AM
    Exactly.

Sorry for the multiple posts above. I was just catching-up on this thread.
    10-30-2015 06:22 AM
    So I just got a Citi bank Visa card. Entered the info into Samsung Pay and it tells me the card issuer is not supported. When I click on the supported issuers, lo and behold, there is Citi listed.
    Great Samsung, keep up the good work...
    Eddster and believeme like this.
    10-30-2015 07:15 AM
    Why does that suck? Just include Chase Pay in your phone and you're good to go.
    Not even close to the same as Samsung Pay.
    jlilnc14 likes this.
    10-30-2015 07:33 AM
    So I just got a Citi bank Visa card. Entered the info into Samsung Pay and it tells me the card issuer is not supported. When I click on the supported issuers, lo and behold, there is Citi listed.
    Great Samsung, keep up the good work...
    There are specific cards from each issuer that are allowed and that is up to the issuer.

Also if you have a prepaid card, from what I understand, no one is allowing prepaid cards.
    10-30-2015 07:35 AM
    Citi double cash card is what I signed up for. I love it. Basically I get 2% off on everything.
    10-30-2015 11:01 AM
    Mine is a Best Buy Visa from Citi. I would have assumed if it was a Citi card, it would work. Guess not.
    10-30-2015 11:59 AM
    So I have been using Samsung Pay for few weeks and it has been working flawlessly.

Trying to set it up for my wife, but she doesnt want to use fingerprint on her phone. She uses pin. When I am trying to setup samsung pay...I see there is an option to skip fingerprint and use secure pin. When I click on this...it just keeps saying that its opening a secure keypad for me to enter pin...but nothing happens.

Does anyone know what the issue is here. She is using Touchwiz with Samsung keyboard on her phone.
    11-05-2015 11:14 AM
    I read an article today from The Verge that announced that Samsung Pay has signed up 14 new banks in the US and that they will be active "in the near future" apparently by the end of this year.
    Samsung Pay is adding 14 more banks, will soon support gift cards | The Verge
    It's more complicated than that. It's the type of card within the bank. I contacted Citi asking them when my American Airlines credit card will work with Samsung Pay. There response was that many Citi cards will soon work with Samsung Pay the American Airlines card will never work. Some kind of contractual thing I believe.
    11-05-2015 11:27 AM
    It's more complicated than that. It's the type of card within the bank. I contacted Citi asking them when my American Airlines credit card will work with Samsung Pay. There response was that many Citi cards will soon work with Samsung Pay the American Airlines card will never work. Some kind of contractual thing I believe.
    Yes, I fully understand that. When Samsung says Bank they mean the cards issued by the Bank not cards issued by 3rd parties through a Bank.
    11-05-2015 11:34 AM
    So I have been using Samsung Pay for few weeks and it has been working flawlessly.

Trying to set it up for my wife, but she doesnt want to use fingerprint on her phone. She uses pin. When I am trying to setup samsung pay...I see there is an option to skip fingerprint and use secure pin. When I click on this...it just keeps saying that its opening a secure keypad for me to enter pin...but nothing happens.

Does anyone know what the issue is here. She is using Touchwiz with Samsung keyboard on her phone.
    I would do initial set up with fingerprint and switch to PIN afterwards
    11-06-2015 09:59 AM
    I can use pin or fingerprint now.
    11-06-2015 10:06 AM
    Unless you have verizon and the latest updates killed it

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-06-2015 11:09 AM
    Does anyone able use Samsung pay at Walmart? It works every where else, but Walmart for me. It transmitted and came back with invalid card.
    11-06-2015 09:13 PM
    Does anyone able use Samsung pay at Walmart? It works every where else, but Walmart for me. It transmitted and came back with invalid card.
    Used it multiple times at Wal mart with no issues.

11-06-2015 09:17 PM
    I've been using it every where works great except for a few odd places. works with my debit card
    another thing my note 5 does better than an iphone
    11-06-2015 11:53 PM
    I got the update a few days ago like most everyone else.

I'm on Verizon and did side load SP before Verizon was on board. To get the official Verizon approved SP to work, I had to do a factory reset. It has worked fine for me from day one. My update install went without a hitch, and I've used SP a few times since the update without issue.

I'm not sure of course, what the issue is but it isn't all Verizon phones.

11-07-2015 09:37 AM
    I got the update a few days ago like most everyone else.

I'm on Verizon and did side load SP before Verizon was on board. To get the official Verizon approved SP to work, I had to do a factory reset. It has worked fine for me from day one. My update install went without a hitch, and I've used SP a few times since the update without issue.

I'm not sure of course, what the issue is but it isn't all Verizon phones.

Not sure what it is... I didn't side load...waited for Verizon to update and then downloaded from play store. Worked flawless till 2 days ago when there was this new update... Can't even log into the app.
    r56mcs likes this.
    11-07-2015 11:37 AM
    After the last update the nfc doesn't turn off after I use SP. And neither of my Citi cards work
    11-07-2015 11:24 PM
    I don't use it all the time but for the first time since I got it, it didn't work at Target. For some reason it wasn't transferring the info from the phone to the terminal when I held it against it. Took almost the entire time the payment was "active" before I just said screw it and used my physical card. Pretty weird. It's definitely worked there before. Maybe just an off day.
    11-08-2015 12:08 AM
    So after the Samsung Pay update that happened recently I noticed something very odd...I was getting "unable to complete transaction" or declined payments at the terminals. People insisted I had an iPhone but I gladly shut them up when they stated that. I thought it was the app so I've been re-adding the card frequently without realizing one thing; I have an Otterbox defender case. I really want to protect my phone's glass back, so I asked someone in live chat. The person kindly told me that "Samsung Pay works at optimal performance where there is a thin case or no case on the glass back". She told me to try a purchase without the case on it and the defender case is a bit bulky, so I just tried it at Target. I noticed that the transaction was approved when an hour ago it told me denied. It went through quickly and of course it caught the attention of the cashier. The cashier was like "Please Swi...Ooooh very interesting".
    11-08-2015 06:22 PM
    Chase Bank supported!

mcm180 likes this.
    11-23-2015 03:51 PM
360 ... 45678 ...