02-22-2016 03:11 AM
360 ... 56789 ...
tools
    All us Verizon people still waiting on it to get fixed or updated so it will work again...

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-23-2015 04:09 PM
    Chase Bank supported!

Yep. Below is a link for people who want to read about it .

Samsung Pay expands to support Chase Visa cards, seven MasterCard offerings | Android Central
    11-23-2015 04:12 PM
    What doesn't work for Verizon?

Chase and also Navy Federal Credit Union now supported! Just uploaded a card from each bank and they were approved. Now to find a place to use it!
    11-23-2015 04:21 PM
    I used mine at Jason's Deli today and they apparently have a similar setup to the one you describe, where the slot is on the monitor. I placed the back of my phone directly against the back of the payment terminal and it worked as well as placing it on top.

It certainly freaked out the cashier...
    11-23-2015 09:01 PM
    Very happy to read last night about Chase being added to Samsung Pay.

I am a VZW N5 owner and Samsung Pay works for me. I sometimes get an error, but then the 2nd try works. Not sure why VZW owners say the last update hosed-up the app. Seems to work OK for me.

As a side note: sometimes I find that grabbing my credit card and sliding it through the machine takes less time/effort than using my phone for payment. I can do the credit card thing while I am still putting things on the belt at the supermarket, moving around, looking around, being efficient. If I choose to use my phone, I gotta pull it out my pocket, I freeze in one place - totally focused on my phone in front of my face, waking it up, finding the app, starting the app, getting my fingerprint recognized (sometimes needing to try more than once), possibly doing the "tap" twice, staring at the card reader to see if it worked.

Yeah, sometimes I plan ahead and it all goes smoothly, but at this point, it definitely takes more time/effort for me. I love Samsung pay and I know that I'll get super fast/efficient at this, but I just wanted to shed some light on the clumsy aspect of this, at least for some of us.
    tstreete likes this.
    11-24-2015 08:50 AM
    http://www.sammobile.com/2015/11/23/...-card-issuers/

More banks supported! Including Suntrust and Virginia Credit Union

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5

DEVICE HISTORY (since they got smart)
    PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. Lenovo tab2 A8 50f WATCH: Galaxy gear
    11-24-2015 01:16 PM
    As a side note: sometimes I find that grabbing my credit card and sliding it through the machine takes less time/effort than using my phone for payment. I can do the credit card thing while I am still putting things on the belt at the supermarket, moving around, looking around, being efficient. If I choose to use my phone, I gotta pull it out my pocket, I freeze in one place - totally focused on my phone in front of my face, waking it up, finding the app, starting the app, getting my fingerprint recognized (some)
    Pulling the Phone out and credit is very similar. Looking for the app? Why? Set it so you can pull up credit card from the lock or off screen ....

-Simple pay in the settings-

"Swipe upwards to open your cards on the Home screen, Lock screen, and when your screen has been turned off."

I have mine on in the lock screen. So, I hit the power button, Swipe up and place finger on the Home bottom as I'm bringing the phone to the terminal.

Posted via Note 5 64GB AT&T
    mcm180 and billykac like this.
    11-24-2015 02:41 PM
    Pulling the Phone out and credit is very similar. Looking for the app? Why? Set it so you can pull up credit card from the lock or off screen ....

-Simple pay in the settings-

"Swipe upwards to open your cards on the Home screen, Lock screen, and when your screen has been turned off."

I have mine on in the lock screen. So, I hit the power button, Swipe up and place finger on the Home bottom as I'm bringing the phone to the terminal.

Posted via Note 5 64GB AT&T
    And, you don't even have to power up.. The upward swipe works even with the screen off

dllrogers55 likes this.
    11-24-2015 03:18 PM
    And, you don't even have to power up.. The upward swipe works even with the screen off
    Thanks for the tip! I use Simple Pay method but I didn't realize you could use it on a black (off) display. I just tried it with my display asleep, swiped up from the home key and voila! It opened my default card on a black screen! Cool!
    11-24-2015 10:26 PM
    Thanks for the tip! I use Simple Pay method but I didn't realize you could use it on a black (off) display. I just tried it with my display asleep, swiped up from the home key and voila! It opened my default card on a black screen! Cool!
    Yeah it's good because you don't have to prep the phone to pay, just pull it out and swipe. But I'm still working on the timing.. Overall it is really great.. Very happy

11-24-2015 10:40 PM
    Tried the $100 promotion. The Samsung site won't let me register. Starting to feel like a scam.

Note in my house!
    11-27-2015 08:47 AM
    Tried the $100 promotion. The Samsung site won't let me register. Starting to feel like a scam.

Note in my house!
    I just registered the other day without a problem.
    11-28-2015 03:43 PM
    I just registered the other day without a problem.
    Got an email from them. They want me to try again. Will do it in the morning.

Note in my house!
    11-28-2015 10:15 PM
    Thanks for the Simple Pay reminder. I recall turning off this feature.
    I'll revisit it!
    11-29-2015 06:52 AM
    I was able to use it at Dollar General but declined at numerous other places. Declined at KFC, A local gas station, and Army Post Exchange. Kind of embarrassing but nice when it works.

11-29-2015 01:44 PM
    Cracker Barrel restaurant wouldn't even sense it, but I have an S View clear view case so don't know if that impacts it.

11-29-2015 03:18 PM
    I have the Samsung case and I don't have a problem with NFC or the magnetic Stripe.
    11-29-2015 03:25 PM
    Been using Samsung Pay all over the place. This thing is great!

Note in my house!
    11-29-2015 05:32 PM
    Anyone having problem with their app as I am? Mine is setup to use Bank of America? The error I'm having is unable to complete your payment. Try again later. The error just started today.
    11-29-2015 08:08 PM
    Here is a snap shot. Samsung Pay Discussion-uploadfromtaptalk1448849411482.jpg
    11-29-2015 08:10 PM
    Generally no problems.. Bank of america on vzw...I had that error once and wasn't sure what caused it but no problems before or since

11-29-2015 08:35 PM
    Generally no problem with bank of america (vzw).I did have that error once, but not before or since.. Used today successfully a few hours ago

11-29-2015 08:37 PM
    I was able to use it at Dollar General but declined at numerous other places. Declined at KFC, A local gas station, and Army Post Exchange. Kind of embarrassing but nice when it works.

Is the transaction actually declined (like a declined credit card) or do you get an error (swipe error, or other type of card reading error)?

11-29-2015 08:41 PM
    For those looking for $100 from Sam Pay... I received and email tonight, and I've copied part of it. It looks like you had to purchase your phone by Nov. 22, and I bought mine 11/25. I didn't know this when I registered, but I did receive a confirmation email for my claim. I think it is a toss up as to whether or not I'll get it.

*Must be 18+ & resident of 50 US/DC or Puerto Rico. Offer includes an iPhone Trade-in Offer, a Galaxy Promotions Offer, and a Samsung Pay Rebate. Offer valid 11/5/15 through 12/13/15 (“Purchase Period”); Samsung Pay Rebate valid 11/5-11/22/15. **For Samsung Pay Rebate: Must purchase or lease a Qualifying Samsung Device between 11/5-11/22/15. On the Qualifying Samsung Device, activate the Samsung Pay app (must have a Samsung Account to activate), register at least 1 qualifying credit or debit card with the Samsung Pay app, and follow the instructions at the Website to submit original register receipt & an online Offer Claim Form by 11/26/15 or mail-in Offer Claim Form by 12/22/15. Not all carriers and credit or debit cards are compatible with Samsung Pay. Your carrier and card must be compatible with Samsung Pay in order for you to register it with Samsung Pay and qualify for this Offer. Verizon customers must first download, at no cost, the Samsung Pay app from the Google Play store. Check the Samsung Pay Support page at https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=__tIghry for a compatibility list. For iPhone Trade-In Offer: Must pre-register using the qualifying iPhone device at samsungpromotions.com/giftsoftheseasons before trade-in. In the same transaction, must lease or purchase at full retail price a Qualifying Samsung Device and trade-in iPhone device used to pre-register during the Purchase Period. For Galaxy Promotion Offer: Must lease or purchase at full retail price a Qualifying Samsung Device during the Purchase Period. For iPhone Trade-in and Galaxy Promotion Offers: Must submit original register receipt(s) at Website by 12/20/15 at 11:59:59 PM ET or mail-in postmarked by 1/19/16 and received by 1/29/16. For All Offers: Subject to additional terms & conditions. Limit 1 claim per email address. Click here full Terms and Conditions. Limited-time offer. While supplies last. No more than 50,000 Google Play credits are available. Google Play credit must be added to a Google Wallet account by June 30, 2016. Once added, credit must be used on Google Play by June 30, 2017. See the Google Play Promotional Balance Terms located at https://play.google.com/intl/en_us/a...fer-terms.html for more information.
    11-29-2015 09:09 PM
    Okay. Thanks for the response. Seems that resetting the app and entering my bank of America card was the fix.
    11-30-2015 12:04 AM
360 ... 56789 ...