Samsung Pay Discussion

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Any word on Samsung Pay?

It is in Play Store here this morning. Installing now

Posted via the Android Central App

It was located 4th in the list as above for me this morning also. Downloaded and installed Samsung Pay added my US Bank card and it is working to the extent it activates the fingerprint reader and my fingerprint activates the software. I will try out at store later today.
I had side loaded an earlier version posted in another thread here and did have the Samsung Pay Framework that was non-removable on my Note 5 (ver. 01.16.0005). It is still there and active but Samsung Pay did install over it and is working.

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site

Mine works as well. Loaded us bank cards but have had trouble getting confirmation email from American express.

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: American Express and Samsung Pay

Lol. I got text option alerts for us bank but on Amex just got option for email. Weird.

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site

what's this "option for email" thing?

too bad Navy Federal isn't on the list of banks and credit unions. :(

When adding cards you have to get and enter a verification code. On my US bank cards it gave me option to receive code via text or email or phone call. The Amex only gave me email option.

KiwiCoalBattery

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site

When adding cards you have to get and enter a verification code. On my US bank cards it gave me option to receive code via text or email or phone call. The Amex only gave me email option.

sorry... I meant to say that it's not really an "option" if it's the only "option" :)

GS6Edge08

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site

It is Awesome. I have BofA and works great. I enjoy wow'ing people everytime they swear it dont work on their machines and see it do. I think I am stealing some iphone consumers and bringing them Android or at least in my mind I am lol

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone applying for a new SP supported CC?

I have a work AmEx on Samsung Pay but that's for work expenses. SP is working and it's fun to use. But I want to buy soda and gum and use SP all the time but my personal CC is not supported on SP. Thinking of cancelling my current personal CC and just getting a CC from BofA or Citi CC and boom it's done. I see all the complaining about lack of supported cards and I'm like "uh how about I just get a card that's supported"

I don't run a CC balance so maybe it's not as big a deal for me, but, seems like an easy way to play with the tech. Plus there are some introductory offers like 20k miles or cash back offers for new applications.

I'll keep the debit card for my bank. All I would be doing is replacing an existing CC with a new supported CC. Why do I care what bank it is so long as my tech works?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Samsung Pay experiences...

Used it first time today. Card swiper was behind the counter, said I just need to reach back here and touch my phone to your machine. They were like WHAT... But it worked great. Cashier was like wow that is so cool.

One question, I tried using it at a gas pump and couldn't get it to work. Will it work there and I was doing something wrong or will it not work there at those type swipers?

KiwiCoalBattery

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: Samsung Pay experiences...

Used it first time today. Card swiper was behind the counter, said I just need to reach back here and touch my phone to your machine. They were like WHAT... But it worked great. Cashier was like wow that is so cool.

One question, I tried using it at a gas pump and couldn't get it to work. Will it work there and I was doing something wrong or will it not work there at those type swipers?

don't think it will work at most gas stations.... the Shell that I usually go to has this weird card swiper. as soon as the debit/credit card(or in my case, the Shell gas-only business credit card) enter the slot, a motor or something inside pulls the card in and keeps it there for 5 seconds before spitting it back out... then the screen shows "authorized" and filling can start.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

don't think it will work at most gas stations.... the Shell that I usually go to has this weird card swiper. as soon as the debit/credit card(or in my case, the Shell gas-only business credit card) enter the slot, a motor or something inside pulls the card in and keeps it there for 5 seconds before spitting it back out... then the screen shows "authorized" and filling can start.

You are correct about that type of card reader. The magnetic strip reader is too far away from the surface of the machine to allow wireless connection to the phone. It is actually a security feature on the gas pump and atm machines.

randyltodd

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Hello, I have a quick question: I am using my Bank of America checking debit card with Samsung Pay with Fingerprint sensor. I have not tried to use it yet. Will I have to also enter my PIN number on the reader if using mag stripe option? How about NFC option? Thanks.

ershar11

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site

I was easily able to download the app and update the phone. Used it once on an ancient card reader in Asheville, NC and it worked beautifully, then tried it at least 8 other times and it wouldn't work. I uninstalled and reinstalled with a new card and it worked about 3 times, and now it hasn't worked since. Called AMEX and SAMSUNG PAY but got nowhere. I'm also on hold now at my bank, BB&T, to see whether they intend on getting on the bandwagon with their VISA cards. All in all, I have to say that it's easier to just pay with your card from any bank.

KiwiCoalBattery

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site

Yes, you will need to enter your pin if its a debit card.

when I use my Bank of American debit Visa card, I've never had to enter the PIN.

Are you saying if I use that card with Samsugn Pay, I end up having to use the PIN? :( (which makes it less convenient than just using the actual BoA card?) :(

me23brown

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site

When I used it (also BOA debit visa) I had to enter my pin but I suppose it could vary by the specific terminal. I only used it once since I don't get the big deal about mobile payments. I have my wallet in one pocket and my phone in another and its just as easy either way. But maybe on a different machine I wouldn't need a pin.

Earl_E_Adopter

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
I've been all over the place using Samsung Pay.

Posted from my Note 5 via the Android Central App

Attachments

• SmartSelectImage_2015-10-22-18-18-23.jpg
    SmartSelectImage_2015-10-22-18-18-23.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol