Samsung Pay Discussion

IceCold803

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I was able to use it at Dollar General but declined at numerous other places. Declined at KFC, A local gas station, and Army Post Exchange. Kind of embarrassing but nice when it works.

Posted via the Android Central App

cjwaipahu

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Samsung Pay

Anyone having problem with their app as I am? Mine is setup to use Bank of America? The error I'm having is unable to complete your payment. Try again later. The error just started today.

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: Samsung Pay

Generally no problems.. Bank of america on vzw...I had that error once and wasn't sure what caused it but no problems before or since

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

Generally no problem with bank of america (vzw).I did have that error once, but not before or since.. Used today successfully a few hours ago

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I was able to use it at Dollar General but declined at numerous other places. Declined at KFC, A local gas station, and Army Post Exchange. Kind of embarrassing but nice when it works.

Is the transaction actually declined (like a declined credit card) or do you get an error (swipe error, or other type of card reading error)?

Alan FL

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
For those looking for $100 from Sam Pay... I received and email tonight, and I've copied part of it. It looks like you had to purchase your phone by Nov. 22, and I bought mine 11/25. I didn't know this when I registered, but I did receive a confirmation email for my claim. I think it is a toss up as to whether or not I'll get it.

*Must be 18+ & resident of 50 US/DC or Puerto Rico. Offer includes an iPhone Trade-in Offer, a Galaxy Promotions Offer, and a Samsung Pay Rebate. Offer valid 11/5/15 through 12/13/15 (“Purchase Period”); Samsung Pay Rebate valid 11/5-11/22/15. **For Samsung Pay Rebate: Must purchase or lease a Qualifying Samsung Device between 11/5-11/22/15. On the Qualifying Samsung Device, activate the Samsung Pay app (must have a Samsung Account to activate), register at least 1 qualifying credit or debit card with the Samsung Pay app, and follow the instructions at the Website to submit original register receipt & an online Offer Claim Form by 11/26/15 or mail-in Offer Claim Form by 12/22/15. Not all carriers and credit or debit cards are compatible with Samsung Pay. Your carrier and card must be compatible with Samsung Pay in order for you to register it with Samsung Pay and qualify for this Offer. Verizon customers must first download, at no cost, the Samsung Pay app from the Google Play store. Check the Samsung Pay Support page at https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...%2Fsamsung-pay%23compatibility&token=D8t__kT9 for a compatibility list. For iPhone Trade-In Offer: Must pre-register using the qualifying iPhone device at samsungpromotions.com/giftsoftheseasons before trade-in. In the same transaction, must lease or purchase at full retail price a Qualifying Samsung Device and trade-in iPhone device used to pre-register during the Purchase Period. For Galaxy Promotion Offer: Must lease or purchase at full retail price a Qualifying Samsung Device during the Purchase Period. For iPhone Trade-in and Galaxy Promotion Offers: Must submit original register receipt(s) at Website by 12/20/15 at 11:59:59 PM ET or mail-in postmarked by 1/19/16 and received by 1/29/16. For All Offers: Subject to additional terms & conditions. Limit 1 claim per email address. Click here full Terms and Conditions. Limited-time offer. While supplies last. No more than 50,000 Google Play credits are available. Google Play credit must be added to a Google Wallet account by June 30, 2016. Once added, credit must be used on Google Play by June 30, 2017. See the Google Play Promotional Balance Terms located at https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../intl/en_us/about/offer-terms/&token=MSC8Dpku for more information.

cjwaipahu

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site

I discovered my little problem after I was checking up my phone after I dropped it this morning. However this may have happened way before so may just be coincidence. Luckily my case prevented any kind of damage. 😐

IceCold803

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Is the transaction actually declined (like a declined credit card) or do you get an error (swipe error, or other type of card reading error)?

It was declined like a credit card. On the reader it said declined. I pulled out my card and swiped and it worked.

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
It was declined like a credit card. On the reader it said declined. I pulled out my card and swiped and it worked.

I had the exact issue at Walmart. According to AMEX, they didn't decline it. They thought it was a communications issue, but I don't think so.

linkiik121

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I had the exact issue at Walmart. According to AMEX, they didn't decline it. They thought it was a communications issue, but I don't think so.

I don't think that's a phone issue. The phone just sends the card info. If the phone sent the wrong card info, there would be nothing to decline. Instead it would have been an error on the machine. Seems to me some credit card companies have issues. I haven't had an issue like that with Bank of America yet. But I have heard of people having that issue and switching cards and the transaction went through? Seems like problems on there end.

Posted via Note 5 64GB AT&T

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Seems to me some credit card companies have issues.
Posted via Note 5 64GB AT&T

According to AMEX, they never saw the transaction - it has to do something with the terminal. I previously had successfully used SP at the same Walmart, but lately, every time I use it, it's "declined". I've checked with AMEX each time, but they indicated that they never declined the transaction. The "decline" occurs within 1 or 2 seconds - I doubt if the transaction ever leaves Walmart.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv