Samsung Pay Discussion

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Samsung Pay rocks.
Works everywhere.
Why don't more people know about this?
Samsung should be shouting it from the heavens.
Apple would, if they could provide a service that works everywhere.

bontjes

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Ever since the latest Verizon update mind has a force stop about 75% of the time. It's really getting frustrating that the app crashes in the middle of the transaction.

Posted via the Android Central App

sforsyth01

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I think the people that are having problems are not doing something right because I use it everywhere I go to test it out and it works. Go on YouTube and look up samsung pay and look for the official samsung youtube. There are videos that will help

I viewed these videos. All confirmed I was using Samsung Pay 100% properly. It still has never worked for me at 5 different stores.

I'm starting to wonder if it is because I have my cards enrolled in Apple Pay, Android Pay, AND Samsung Pay. Either that or maybe because I have both Android Pay and Samsung Pay both installed on my device (due to Android Pay supporting Loyalty Cards).

-Shawn
Noting the world one S-Pen at a time

dougie1792

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I viewed these videos. All confirmed I was using Samsung Pay 100% properly. It still has never worked for me at 5 different stores.

I'm starting to wonder if it is because I have my cards enrolled in Apple Pay, Android Pay, AND Samsung Pay. Either that or maybe because I have both Android Pay and Samsung Pay both installed on my device (due to Android Pay supporting Loyalty Cards).

-Shawn

I would contact your bank and see what is going on

sforsyth01

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I would contact your bank and see what is going on

My bank said I need to contact Samsung or the Carrier. Both Samsung and Verizon says it's my bank declining the transactions so I need to work with them.

Just an endless circle. I'm done with Samsung Pay. I'll use Android or Apple Pay or just stick with my physical cards. Samsung has a great idea but implementation is beyond poor.

-Shawn

May 30, 2013
Visit site
My bank said I need to contact Samsung or the Carrier. Both Samsung and Verizon says it's my bank declining the transactions so I need to work with them.

Just an endless circle. I'm done with Samsung Pay. I'll use Android or Apple Pay or just stick with my physical cards. Samsung has a great idea but implementation is beyond poor.

-Shawn

I may be finished after yesterday's debacle. I've been using Samsung pay everywhere for a couple of weeks but yesterday the transactions seemed to go through fine but my card was declined, twice at 2 different stores. I felt like a complete moron. It sucks when the cashier tells me that it won't work and I say "just let me show you that it will work", and then it doesn't. Now who's the dummy? I'm sure the cashier is laughing as I walk out.

It was nice while it lasted but now its a crapshoot. I might try it again at Self checkouts when nobody is watching.

Ev C

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
I was getting declined about 50% of the time when I was asked to put a debit pin. Now I either put or ask the cashier to select credit and it seems to work every time.

bontjes

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I may be finished after yesterday's debacle. I've been using Samsung pay everywhere for a couple of weeks but yesterday the transactions seemed to go through fine but my card was declined, twice at 2 different stores. I felt like a complete moron. It sucks when the cashier tells me that it won't work and I say "just let me show you that it will work", and then it doesn't. Now who's the dummy? I'm sure the cashier is laughing as I walk out.

It was nice while it lasted but now its a crapshoot. I might try it again at Self checkouts when nobody is watching.

Hey man, I had the same problem.

I used it at the gas station and it worked perfectly and then a little later at the grocery store and it said that the card was declined. However, when I pulled the actual card out and swiped it worked. You can't tell me that it's a bank issue.

I think that those kinds of things are going to end up discouraging people and the brand will be damaged because no one wants to take responsibility. I'm guessing the banks would rather you use the application they offer (next year!)

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Hey man, I had the same problem.

I used it at the gas station and it worked perfectly and then a little later at the grocery store and it said that the card was declined. However, when I pulled the actual card out and swiped it worked. You can't tell me that it's a bank issue.

I think that those kinds of things are going to end up discouraging people and the brand will be damaged because no one wants to take responsibility. I'm guessing the banks would rather you use the application they offer (next year!)

I'm having the same issues - works some places - is declined others. It "could" be a bank-issue though. The credit card number that SP uses isn't the same as your plastic card. I don't know whose really at fault here, but somebody is. I can use it reliably at Whole Foods", but it now never works at Walmart and other places.

ALborntoride

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same issues - works some places - is declined others. It "could" be a bank-issue though. The credit card number that SP uses isn't the same as your plastic card. I don't know whose really at fault here, but somebody is. I can use it reliably at Whole Foods", but it now never works at Walmart and other places.

Same here. It was working fine for me but then yesterday it got declined twice. Pulled out the card and worked fine. Kinda weird because on Thursday I used Samsung pay 2 or 3 times and it worked fine. I have thought maybe it had something to do with the year changing. Will try again in a couple of days and see what happens.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Same here. It was working fine for me but then yesterday it got declined twice. Pulled out the card and worked fine. Kinda weird because on Thursday I used Samsung pay 2 or 3 times and it worked fine. I have thought maybe it had something to do with the year changing. Will try again in a couple of days and see what happens.

I am beginning to believe it is not the fault of the bank, Samsung or the carrier, but rather the cashier. They refuse to do something to accept the transaction because there is not a physical card present. Thus the transaction is "declined" when really it was not processed correctly by the cashier.

That is, the cashier is saying to themselves "we do not accept phone payments and i will prove it. See it was declined."

Dm1120

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
I am beginning to believe it is not the fault of the bank, Samsung or the carrier, but rather the cashier. They refuse to do something to accept the transaction because there is not a physical card present. Thus the transaction is "declined" when really it was not processed correctly by the cashier.

That is, the cashier is saying to themselves "we do not accept phone payments and i will prove it. See it was declined."

Most POS terminals don't afford the cashier that kind of control.

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

It happens to me at Walmart self-checkout lanes where there is no cashier.

anon(9638631)

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
Samsung Pay, what's that? It was disabled on my device the second I received all my free goodies from Samsung. Will never need or use it. I prefer plastic cards in my wallet to be honest.

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Samsung Pay, what's that? It was disabled on my device the second I received all my free goodies from Samsung. Will never need or use it. I prefer plastic cards in my wallet to be honest.

You're probably better off. I went to a few stores today and did not even try to pay with my phone.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
One of the reasons I got the Note 5 was for Samsung Pay, but wondering if it's even worth trying. I want it to either work everywhere or nowhere.

The only time I use Apple Pay is when I want to show someone how it works. Otherwise I just pull out the card.

I get the feeling Apple, Android, Samsung, etc. Pay is going nowhere. Too many cooks in the kitchen now.

Dm1120

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
One of the reasons I got the Note 5 was for Samsung Pay, but wondering if it's even worth trying. I want it to either work everywhere or nowhere.

The only time I use Apple Pay is when I want to show someone how it works. Otherwise I just pull out the card.

I get the feeling Apple, Android, Samsung, etc. Pay is going nowhere. Too many cooks in the kitchen now.

It works 98% of the time for me. I use it out of convenience, not to be a show off.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
It works 98% of the time for me. I use it out of convenience, not to be a show off.

I will give it a try sometime when there is no one behind me in line. I'd be happy with a 98% success rate.

I mainly want to use it in locations that I don't really trust, like a kiosk in a mall.