Samsung Pay Discussion

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
After going shopping with a friend (who uses SP everywhere) I realize it was 'operator error' preventing me from getting it to work for me. I wasn't putting my fingerprint in prior to placing phone next to reader (DUH!). Since the correction I haven't had a single purchase not go through. I love it... it's amazing!

Thanks for the tip, I was doing it wrong too, that's why I guess it was hit or miss whenever I tried using it! Since reading your comment I'm batting 1000!

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Why won't it just let us use any card?
The banks/credit card companies have to opt in, I'm sure there is stuff they have to do on their end as well; it has nothing to do with Samsung. I imagine the list will get longer as time goes on simply for the fact that Samsung Pay uses both NFC and MST which will work with just about every card reader out there except for the ones where you have to insert the card like at an ATM machine or gas pump.

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Samsung Pay, what's that? It was disabled on my device the second I received all my free goodies from Samsung. Will never need or use it. I prefer plastic cards in my wallet to be honest.

Samsung Pay is more secure than using a plastic credit cards (at least the cards without the chip)

Jason Leaphart

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a lot to add, but I did use Samsung Pay for the first time last week; at a movie theater ticket kiosk. Long line at the box office, friggin' chilly outside, every yokel around here (I kid, I kid, I'm from "around here" too) is scared of using these things. I had no trouble at all using my Note 5 paired with my bank's debit card. I do believe I remember selecting "credit" instead of "debit" on the kiosk terminal.

btw, I was there to see "the Hateful Eight." Great movie! :)

Nathan Innocent

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
I use it everywhere I can go. Never fails me through every transaction. I used to get a lot of reactions but now it varies where I go. I'm really considering leaving my debit card at home until I can get the gas pump trick to work (when I run out of gas this week I will). If Capital One wants to get on board with Samsung Pay, then that's two cards left at home. I really consider it useful especially when you have your phone out at the checkout and it feels and is secure. It's gonna be exciting seeing this phone be a common feature for the future.

KMBass

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I use SP everywhere also with almost no problems at all. Only time it does not work is a cash registers with very deep card readers. I think they have all been NCR brand with card reader embedded in slot to the right of the screen. Probably if I had a little time to play around and a cashier that was interested, we could make it work. What is the "gas pump trick" you are talking about. I haven't heard about that one. It would be nice to pay at the pump with SP.

Alan FL

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Still waiting for the $100 promised me when I signed up with SP.
Have any of you been receiving it? I sent an email to prizelogic yesterday asking what's going on, but have not yet heard back.
I have my email confirmation number which I sent them, but I'm beginning to doubt I'll ever see the $$$.

Nathan Innocent

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
I use SP everywhere also with almost no problems at all. Only time it does not work is a cash registers with very deep card readers. I think they have all been NCR brand with card reader embedded in slot to the right of the screen. Probably if I had a little time to play around and a cashier that was interested, we could make it work. What is the "gas pump trick" you are talking about. I haven't heard about that one. It would be nice to pay at the pump with SP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeJwm3KSzAA

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Was just at Dunkin Donuts. The store clerk rang up my order and as I pulled out my phone he loudly declared "we don't take Apple Pay here!" To which I said "ok" as I placed my finger on the fingerprint reader and held my phone near the terminal. It beeped and the receipt started printing. The look on his face was priceless. He just kept laughing and smiling in amazement saying "first time" over and over. 😊

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Was just at Dunkin Donuts. The store clerk rang up my order and as I pulled out my phone he loudly declared "we don't take Apple Pay here!" To which I said "ok" as I placed my finger on the fingerprint reader and held my phone near the terminal. It beeped and the receipt started printing. The look on his face was priceless. He just kept laughing and smiling in amazement saying "first time" over and over. 😊

Same thing happened to me at a gas station near my house. Once I paid the clerk was in amazement. He then proceeded get hold up the line asking me what phone I had and how I did it.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
So far it works at Walmart, Ross, heb, and footlocker for me. I haven't tried to use it at McDonald's again. That's the only place I had issues with it not working, but I think it was me not knowing how to use it.

Nathan Innocent

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Used at H&M today. Cashier wasn't sure if they take phone payments. I used it and it beeped and she's like "no it won't work". But when she saw the receipt come out, she was in awe.

r56mcs

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
So far it works at Walmart, Ross, heb, and footlocker for me. I haven't tried to use it at McDonald's again. That's the only place I had issues with it not working, but I think it was me not knowing how to use it.

McDonald's have nfc also. Try using that next time if MST doesn't work

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Just used samsung pay on the vending machine at my apt complex.
54dcd546d0d1019e1e25e4c586161710.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12