12-29-2016 12:53 AM
48 12
tools
    What screen protectors do not have the halo effect due to the curve?
    Zagg Invisishield
    02-13-2016 06:13 AM
    Zagg,, no halo
    02-15-2016 01:46 PM
    Anybody using the Gear VR with a certain screen protector on their Note 5? I've read that phones with a screen protector will not fit the Gear VR. My note 5 arrives in a couple days and just curious if there's a work around to this. I got the Tech 21 Tactical and Wallet cases on the way, and hoping the Wallet version will prevent scratches when in my pocket. Would be nice if there's some sort of mod to add a few millimeters of space to fit a phone with a screen protector for the Gear VR.
    02-15-2016 11:48 PM
    Today my SEdge+ fell on ground from waist height. I was trying to pick it up and it fell.

The screen didnt break, but a piece of dust scratched my screen.
    02-19-2016 12:39 AM
    I just bought my phone two days ago and somewhere between best buy and my house I received a mm scratch on the bottom of the screen. I didn't put it in my pocket so I have no idea how it got there. I noticed it when I was cleaning the screen to apply a zagg screen protector. I can't hardly see the scratch but knowing it is there bugs the crap out of me. I always use screen protectors for this reason.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-19-2016 03:26 AM
    Return it if just bought, get a new one and slam a screen protector on, and Note 5 does not come with gorilla glass.
    03-24-2016 01:41 AM
    Actually, the Note 5 comes with Gorilla Glass 4.
    zmann, sweetypie31 and Misszell like this.
    03-24-2016 05:34 AM
    Anybody using the Gear VR with a certain screen protector on their Note 5? I've read that phones with a screen protector will not fit the Gear VR. My note 5 arrives in a couple days and just curious if there's a work around to this. I got the Tech 21 Tactical and Wallet cases on the way, and hoping the Wallet version will prevent scratches when in my pocket. Would be nice if there's some sort of mod to add a few millimeters of space to fit a phone with a screen protector for the Gear VR.
    I use a Zagg HD Clear tempered glass screen protector on my note 5. I never have an issue with my Gear VR. Obviously I have to take the phone out of my PT Platinum case, as the phone wont fit while in the case, but never a problem with the screen protector.
    03-24-2016 08:25 AM
    I use zagg glass,, no issues with my gear vr
    03-24-2016 09:47 AM
    Has anybody gotten their note 5 screen scratched yet. I had put my phone in my pocket not knowing it was the same pocket as my car keys. I was walking around the mall and went to pull my phone out and saw a HUGE line of mini scratches. I was soo mad and sick at the same time! Like the ***** that I am, I hadn't purchased a screen protector because I put all my trust in Gorilla Glass thinking it wouldn't scratch, we'll at least not by a set of car keys. It is such an eye sore everytime I go to look at my phone. It's a good thing I have phone insurance and it covers damages to the phone, however I still have to cough up $175 for the deductible. Next time I am definitely buying a screen protector no matter how scratch resistant I think my phone is.
    I bought note 5 along with its original samsung flip cover. The cover create many micro scratches due to little movement of the cover. It's just like sandwashing GG4 with plastic. Is it possible to claim for the damage create by all samsung design stuff?
    04-18-2016 08:26 PM
    I bought note 5 along with its original samsung flip cover. The cover create many micro scratches due to little movement of the cover. It's just like sandwashing GG4 with plastic. Is it possible to claim for the damage create by all samsung design stuff?
    If you have the insurance and want to pay the deductible, you can file a claim for whatever reason you want to. Is it worth paying the deductible?
    04-19-2016 06:06 AM
    Don't understand why you'd even consider risking it by not using a tempered glass screen protector!
    They add bulk and they're unnecessary if you take simple precautions, such as not putting other items in your phone pocket.

I never use cases or screen protectors. My Note 5, like my previous Notes, has no scratches whatsoever. Wipe off the fingerprints and you can't tell it's not brand new.
    04-19-2016 06:32 AM
    They add bulk and they're unnecessary if you take simple precautions, such as not putting other items in your phone pocket.

I never use cases or screen protectors. My Note 5, like my previous Notes, has no scratches whatsoever. Wipe off the fingerprints and you can't tell it's not brand new.
    Good luck in going forward with that! One day; scratches will appear, even if you've 'been careful'!

Plus how can you say a tiny/thin/more or less weightless piece of toughened glass adds bulk on a phablet! Please, petty excuse... !
    zmann and Climb14er like this.
    04-22-2016 04:50 AM
    No case or screen protection. No issues.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-26-2016 11:58 AM
    In my opinion, I have never liked tempered glass screen protectors. Sure, they add an additional layer to protect my screen. But no matter how many I've purchased even including case purchases. I just end up removing them because it takes away from the natural feel of the device. I do have a few scratches on my n5's screen. Majority of them can go unnoticed when looking. There is one screen on the lower right hand side that is quite noticeable. I can't recall exactly where and how it happened. It bugged the hell out of me when I first saw it, but now I don't even care about it since the aluminum bezel has taken its fair share of dings and drops. I would consider a tempered glass that would completely cover the screen. Unfortunately, that will cause the halo effect. I know that the smaller tempered glass versions don't cause it to halo. They just make it troublesome to use the s-pen.
    04-26-2016 04:20 PM
  16. Carlos Federico Lopez Spindola's Avatar
    Alright, I know it's an old thread, nevertheless it's naver late for a good advice.

This has happened to me also, the same thing. So I know that Note 5 screen scratchs easily!

Now to the point. What I'm going to tell you is the same thing I'm telling myself as I think is the best thing to do in this matter, even though I came here trying to not accept it.

Do not buy screen protectors, it's silly! It's enough to be cautious enough as to give the phone more than 1 year of nice cosmetic feeling and looking. You are going to change the phone in what? 1 year? 2 years?

Think about this. If you think you need to protect the screen, you are going to be unconsciously thinking that you do not deserve the direct feeling of your fingers to your toy's screen, the direct look of your eyes to that nice display. Heck, your are not going to be fully enjoying the phone by its feeling and by the image as it's meant to be, just because you think you can damage your "expensive" toy any time soon.

Think it's not expensive and you will have the money to change is as soon as the new one comes out, think it's expensive and you are going to find yourself limiting unconsciously your money perceptions.

The toy, as everything in life, wears out. So enjoy it as it is! You won't regret it. Small scratches? OK, do not care of them, the screen will look and feel always better against any protector you may put on it.
    marvelspires likes this.
    07-25-2016 11:38 AM
    I've always use a Screen protector and UAG case for the last 6 yrs on my phone's and never have one problem!

Posted via the Android Central App RC51 RIDER W/ NOTE 5
    08-05-2016 04:51 PM
    I carry mine in my pocket most the time, no screen protector, never a scratch on my screen. My cats walk and sit on it, one takes selfies, I turn it upside down on tables and desks, I've dropped it once.

Not a single scratch.
    08-06-2016 06:45 PM
    This is exactly why I don't leave the store without a glass screen protector and case on my devices. I don't care if the protector or case gets scratched as its easily replaced

Posted via the AT&T Note 5
    08-06-2016 07:33 PM
    Here's my "daily-use" comparison between my Galaxy S5 (3 years old, Gorilla Glass 3) and my Galaxy S7 Edge (3 WEEKS old, Gorilla Glass 4). The pictures say it all. https://twitter.com/mastixmc/status/814040040166871040
    12-28-2016 04:01 AM
    I used JeTech ballistic glass screen protectors on the first two Note 5's... not a single scratch. On the next two Note 5's under warranty and extended warranty, Verizon gave me the first VZ glass protector for five bucks and the second for free. No scratches on the glass at all.

I would not leave the store without having one of the techs install some type of high quality ballistic glass. These phones are very expensive! 😏
    12-28-2016 11:42 AM
    I use tempered glass screen protector. Never naked
    12-28-2016 11:25 PM
    Tempered glass on most of my devices (Surface 3, Tab S 10.5, Note 5). I like the feel, and I've had drops in the past where the main glass would have cracked if not for the tempered glass absorbing some of the impact. Fine point impact (a single grain of sand on a tabletop) will destroy glass much easier than a hammer.
    12-29-2016 12:53 AM
48 12