Verizon New Software Update

vm81

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Just checked and received new software update. It says it includes enhancements and improvements to Note 5 including security update.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Yep, Just looked and I have the update too. Downloading now. It is probably the Google Security update for October.

saichick04

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Also checked and have an update. Downloading now and hoping it'll have SAMSUNG PAY... but wait, my bank isn't supported. Crap.

k3m1c6

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
From the Verizon update site:

Software Version: LMY47X.N920VVRU2AOJ2

The following improvement has been made:

Android security patches

We will continue working with Google and handset makers to ensure that any security patches are available as soon as they're fully tested and approved. Please check the Verizon Support website for the*latest software information*and version available for your device.

A new software update is now available for the Samsung Galaxy Note5.

This update will prepare the device to use the Samsung Pay app.

After the update, customers can download and install the Samsung Pay app*once it is available from the Google Play™ Store.

Posted for my Galaxy Note 5 with a properly inserted S Pen!

Nvincible

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
Downloading now too. Not gonna do me much good for Samsung Pay until they get more banks (and especially Credit Unions signed up) but I like the idea of it.

jboogie1289

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Here's what I just got.....

Vishnuvardhan P: We expect the Samsung Pay app to be available for Verizon customers on Google Play Store on Wednesday, October 21st, in the afternoon. It can take up to 24 hours for the app to propagate to all Google Play Store servers.

vm81

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
They didnt fix the damn wifi bug...still there.

I need to test more but using it over last couple of hours....seems like they might have fixed this bug.

I dont seen battery drain from Wifi. Previously i was losing approx. 6% every hour in standby. After this update its approx. 1% an hour...same as on 4G

Only other thing I really wish they fixed is - reliable fast charging. Will check that later and post back.

kcalmol

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what this update has to do with Samsung Pay. I was able to use the link posted here to install the app, add my card, and use it successfully, prior to downloading the software update.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Updated and only now did Samsung pay let me use the app. The one time I attempted to use it however failed. And yes it was a machine that swipes not the card insert.

Posted via the Android Central App

mari dub

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Just checked and i received mine. Downloading it now!

Has anyone noticed any changes to their VZW Note 5?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-20-19-01-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-10-20-19-01-10.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 185

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante