What apps have you guys disabled? Are there any apps that I should avoid disabling, because it will cause problems?

My Note is not rooted, I do have package disabler pro though (which I like a lot).
    10-20-2015 12:28 PM
    I believe there are listings on XDA and somewhere here. The battery life thread has been mentioned before. It's a big thread though, prepare to be reading a while.

Posted via the Android Central App
    calicocat2010 likes this.
    10-20-2015 01:09 PM
    Battery life thread? Is that relevant because folk have been disabling apps for power reasons?
    10-20-2015 04:50 PM
    I have 173 items disabled with Packabe Diabler Pro. I notice absolutely zero difference in battery life, RAM usage or storage. I'm questioning whether I even need to disable anything.

On the flip side rooting and then being able to COMPLETELY delete this crap I'm sure would make a difference.
    10-20-2015 10:55 PM
    It's my understanding that rooting of the Note 5 (and flashing the kernel) may affect your ability to use Samsung Pay down the road as it would trip the KNOX counter.. Which can't currently be reset. Fair Warning.

I have not disabled any of the originally installed apps and the device is still performing nicely after 2 months.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-20-2015 11:26 PM
    Battery life thread? Is that relevant because folk have been disabling apps for power reasons?
    Yes because people post their battery stats and give advice on what they are or Not doing, and what issues are causing battery drain. It's a Very large thread , but as a poster in that forum it's well worth a look.
    10-20-2015 11:35 PM
    I have 173 items disabled with Packabe Diabler Pro. I notice absolutely zero difference in battery life, RAM usage or storage. I'm questioning whether I even need to disable anything.

On the flip side rooting and then being able to COMPLETELY delete this crap I'm sure would make a difference.
    If the app isn't draining any juice then disabling it won't see any gain. It can help when something is running that you don't need,so then you can disable it.

If you don't see any difference at all then just uninstall package disabler all together.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    10-21-2015 09:36 AM
    What apps have you guys disabled? Are there any apps that I should avoid disabling, because it will cause problems?

My Note is not rooted, I do have package disabler pro though (which I like a lot).
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/note...ote-5-t3184563

GrandMasterB likes this.
    10-21-2015 09:39 AM
    It would seem that you first must define what you mean by safe. I looked over the list for the Package Disabler App and found that over half disable apps I use everyday. So safe for me is much different than for someone else who doesn't use their Note 5 for the kinds of functions I use it for. And as I get at least 10 to 12 hours out of a battery charge with everything running and doing what I wish to do with the phone I personally don't see the need to stop background operations.
    10-21-2015 10:51 AM
    It would seem that you first must define what you mean by safe. I looked over the list for the Package Disabler App and found that over half disable apps I use everyday. So safe for me is much different than for someone else who doesn't use their Note 5 for the kinds of functions I use it for. And as I get at least 10 to 12 hours out of a battery charge with everything running and doing what I wish to do with the phone I personally don't see the need to stop background operations.
    Safe just means that nothing bad will happen if you disable something... Obviously you don't want to disable what you want to use...

GrandMasterB likes this.
    10-21-2015 11:43 AM
    Thank you so much for the link. Thats exactly what I was looking for.
    03-24-2016 01:13 AM
    I still don't see anywhere with specific descriptions of every single thing listed in PDP.

Like, how are we supposed to know what's what outside of the obvious stuff? I have no clue what some of this **** does. And maybe these things are what's driving my Android System readings bonkers.
    03-24-2016 02:02 AM
    I still don't see anywhere with specific descriptions of every single thing listed in PDP.

Like, how are we supposed to know what's what outside of the obvious stuff? I have no clue what some of this **** does. And maybe these things are what's driving my Android System readings bonkers.
    There isn't such a thing, unfortunately. The only one that would know that is Samsung... And they are not likely to tell you.
    03-24-2016 07:52 AM
    Using Package Disabler Pro I disable everything Verizon. Just on principal. Probably doesn't improve battery life or anything else. Makes me feel better.
    Tayloj92 likes this.
    03-29-2016 11:44 PM