does anyone have Luphie tempered glass metal case with Zagg tempered glass screen protector?

I'm about to order one, but just wanted to verify that the Zagg tempered glass screen protector won't get in the way of metal part.

Thanks!

This one:

does anyone have Luphie tempered glass metal case with Zagg tempered glass screen protector?-2015923135610111.jpg

does anyone have Luphie tempered glass metal case with Zagg tempered glass screen protector?-201592314941497.jpg
    does anyone have Luphie tempered glass metal case with Zagg tempered glass screen protector?-201592314817144.jpg
    Larzuk likes this.
    10-20-2015 01:08 PM
    I have heard metal cases can interfere with wireless charging if that is a concern for you.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-20-2015 01:12 PM
    I have heard metal cases can interfere with wireless charging if that is a concern for you.

Posted via the Android Central App
    only the bumper is metal... the back side is tempered glass and wireless charging is not a problem, based on what I've read. (on the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge versions)
    10-20-2015 01:28 PM
    I have the case. Dont have the Zagg tempered glass but the metal bumper doesn't even go pass the metal frame of the phone so theres no reason why it wont fit.

My Note 5 charges fine with the case and wireless charger.
    10-20-2015 01:43 PM
    WHERE CAN I GET THIS CASE?????

Gorgeous!!
    10-20-2015 02:57 PM
    Never mind, I just found it.
    10-20-2015 03:18 PM
    Never mind, I just found it.
    there is this eBay seller with 30,000+ good feedbacks... that's where I ordered from.
    10-20-2015 03:37 PM
    Have both, no problems here!
    10-20-2015 05:34 PM
    Excellent! Can't wait for my Luphie case to arrive.
    10-20-2015 05:42 PM
    I ordered mine from eBay and received it last week. It is truly the absolutely most beautiful phone case I've ever seen.

Unfortunately, I'm actually thinking about returning it. The reason is that the cutout hols on the bottom are very uncomfortable for my pinky finger.

Edit: also.. the case makes the phone FEEL heavy. strangely, it's actually not that heavy.
    The Note 5 weighs 174 grams. The Luphie case weighs 52 grans. Together, they weigh
    226 grams.(roughly half a pound) I think it's the glass back of the Luphie that makes the
    weight concentrated on the back of the Note 5. It makes it feel heavier than having the
    Otterbox Defender case on. Kind of like holding a ceramic tile. It's not that bad, just
    feels very substantial.
    10-26-2015 05:55 PM
    I ordered the black bumper and black back version of it. I will post some actual pictures once it arrives.
    10-27-2015 10:30 AM
    this case definitely causes signal loss.

I placed my Note 5 with the Luphie case in the car mount. GPS Test app shows accuracy between 26 feet to 30 feet.(car standing still, engine off, in the middle of a big empty parking lo, clear weather with no cloud in sight)

If I remove the Luphie case and place the Note 5 back to the car mount, the accuracy improves to 10 feet to 13 feet.

I repeated this test several times and got the exact same result.
    11-02-2015 05:11 PM
    I tried to live with my Luphie case, but I found severe signal degradation in spots I normally get a (weak) signal. I asked for a return label from the ebay seller a few minutes ago.
    11-18-2015 12:34 PM
    I tried to live with my Luphie case, but I found severe signal degradation in spots I normally get a (weak) signal. I asked for a return label from the ebay seller a few minutes ago.
    I agree with the signal loss. I'm still not sure why the aluminum bumper
    cause that. The back is more likely the culprit, but it really shouldn't,
    since it's supposed to be glass...

BTW, which eBay seller was it? some will email you back and say
    something like:

"why don't you keep it or give it to someone as a gift?"

If you reply and decline, they'll email back again and say

"what if we offer you $5 refund and you don't return the case?"

In my case, I ended up accepting an offer to refund part of the
    cost of the Luphie case... so it made my final cost of the case
    to be $11.95.... guess they really don't like people returning stuff?

but I still rarely use it.. only when I go to parties or fancy dinners
    in the city... the phone does look amazing with the Luphie case
    besides, in the city, the signal from Verizon is full 5 bars, so a
    little bit of degradation if fine. I still manage to get almost 15mbps
    down and 3mbps up on Verizon 4G LTE with the Luphie case on,
    while in the city. If I just use a simple clear Spigen TPU case,
    the speed goes up to roughly 25mbps/8mbps.
    11-18-2015 02:33 PM

I agree with the signal loss. I'm still not sure why the aluminum bumper
    cause that. The back is more likely the culprit, but it really shouldn't,
    since it's supposed to be glass...

BTW, which eBay seller was it? some will email you back and say
    something like:

"why don't you keep it or give it to someone as a gift?"

If you reply and decline, they'll email back again and say

"what if we offer you $5 refund and you don't return the case?"

In my case, I ended up accepting an offer to refund part of the
    cost of the Luphie case... so it made my final cost of the case
    to be $11.95.... guess they really don't like people returning stuff?

but I still rarely use it.. only when I go to parties or fancy dinners
    in the city... the phone does look amazing with the Luphie case
    besides, in the city, the signal from Verizon is full 5 bars, so a
    little bit of degradation if fine. I still manage to get almost 15mbps
    down and 3mbps up on Verizon 4G LTE with the Luphie case on,
    while in the city. If I just use a simple clear Spigen TPU case,
    the speed goes up to roughly 25mbps/8mbps.
    Yes, I got those same offers, but I will never use it. I sent it back. It cost me $3.25 or so to ship it but it will just take up space here. They were nice about it in the end and I have no concersn about getting the refund.
    11-24-2015 11:03 PM
    Yes, I got those same offers, but I will never use it. I sent it back. It cost me $3.25 or so to ship it but it will just take up space here. They were nice about it in the end and I have no concersn about getting the refund.
    I don't suppose you shipped it to that seller in California?

Like I said, I ended up keeping it because it was only $11.95.
    Still love it and use it occasionally... my female co-workers and
    female clients seem to fancy it quite a bit... also useful to strike
    up a conversation with random hot ladies at airports and hotel
    restaurants for some strange reason. (don't worry, I make a
    full written report to the wife about each such encounters)
    11-25-2015 07:35 AM
    I don't suppose you shipped it to that seller in California?

Like I said, I ended up keeping it because it was only $11.95.
    Still love it and use it occasionally... my female co-workers and
    female clients seem to fancy it quite a bit... also useful to strike
    up a conversation with random hot ladies at airports and hotel
    restaurants for some strange reason. (don't worry, I make a
    full written report to the wife about each such encounters)
    I did ship it to Cai. They were really nice to me about the return after all of the attempts to get me to keep it. Gave me a credit right after I dropped it at the UPS store.
    11-29-2015 10:00 AM
    Just a note here about the luphie. We are having a major ice storm and lost power, which means our Microcell went out. The S6 and my Note 5 didn't have enough signal to function until we removed the cases. The Luphie is an elegant looking case but it does cause a very significant loss of signal. That is because the sides are metal and that is where the antennae are located.
    11-29-2015 04:43 PM
    Just a note here about the luphie. We are having a major ice storm and lost power, which means our Microcell went out. The S6 and my Note 5 didn't have enough signal to function until we removed the cases. The Luphie is an elegant looking case but it does cause a very significant loss of signal. That is because the sides are metal and that is where the antennae are located.
    but the Note 5's antenna isn't on the sides.... It was next to the non-removable battery, about 1/3 of the way from the edge of the Note 5. I disassembled it in order to take off the rear glass cover. I saw the video about turning the rear into a transparent glass cover..... then changed my mind after I took the Note 5 apart.
    11-29-2015 04:50 PM
    Here is what I've found after testing numerous times. With the case I lose about 7 or 8 DVM as opposed to without the case . In our marginal area it is the difference between signal and no signal.

I really do like the Luphie but wanted to be sure that people are aware that it will do definite harm to signal reception. If you're in a decent signal area it's not an issue, but if, like me you are in a very marginal area it is a serious problem. It works for us only because we have an ATT MicroCell.
    11-29-2015 07:44 PM
    Here is what I've found after testing numerous times. With the case I lose about 7 or 8 DVM as opposed to without the case . In our marginal area it is the difference between signal and no signal.

I really do like the Luphie but wanted to be sure that people are aware that it will do definite harm to signal reception. If you're in a decent signal area it's not an issue, but if, like me you are in a very marginal area it is a serious problem. It works for us only because we have an ATT MicroCell.
    I kept my Luphie case after the eBay dude offered to let me keep it for only $11.

It still is the most beautiful case for the Note 5.... (or for any phone ) I can live with the signal degradation. The way I look at it, it's like watching my wife walk on the beach in a bikini.... she can't run very fast, but she sure make men around her slow down as well.(don't worry, I'm not the jealous type)
    11-29-2015 08:52 PM