is there a wireless charger that will let me to place Note 5 correctly even if I'm drunk as a skunk?

KiwiCoalBattery

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
is there a wireless charger that will let me to place the Note 5 correctly even if I'm drunk as a skunk or half asleep or in a completely dark bedroom? Sadly, I've been in all three of those situations lately. I have a regular non-fast charging Samsung wireless charging pad. I always missed the mark(only in those three situations).

I want a wireless charging pad(doesn't have to be fast charging) that will allow me to put the Note 5 on it correct just by feel. Or a slot that kind of just drops it... does such a thing exist? Thanks!

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Tylt Vu has been the best wireless charger I have found. Works portrait and landscape..no noise and no heat.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

JohnnytheK

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I have the Spigen model that is also a stand. It seems to not mind how you place the phone, horizontal or vertical.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

starwarz

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I HAD the Spigen model that was a stand as well, but the only way I could get it to start charging was to place it in landscape position, then once it started I could quickly change it to portrait position and it would charge. If I placed it in portrait mode first, the LED indicator would flash red then blue over and over and not start charging. I did this both with and without a case. I even had Spigen send me a replacement, which did exactly the same thing. Returned them both.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Title of this thread is hilarious!

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5

DEVICE HISTORY (since they got smart)
PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. Lenovo tab2 A8 50 WATCH: Galaxy gear

zero157h7

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Did you have a case on it? I have had no problems on my Itian charger which is the same charger with a different logo on it. If I had my Pierre Cardin case on I had to charge horizontally because of the seams. Without that charger it worked great.

zero157h7

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
OP,

The Vu is awesome but a little pricey. The Spigen mentioned by others is more than sufficient though it's a little uglier than the Vu. There are also chargers like the Spigen with other brands on it that are identical and could be even cheaper.

What you want to do it search Amazon and/or Ebay and you want to search for "qi 3 coils" or something similar. The chargers that have 3 coils means that there are multiple points of contact and it ups the chances that different phones are going to sit right on it. Then look at the pictures and pick one that stands up instead of one that lays down. The great thing about them standing is that there is usually a lip for them to sit on which will keep them always in the same place thanks to gravity.

Finally, I would recommend going as cheap as you can. We are starting to see 3rd party fast wireless charging devices now and I would not be surprised if we see some fast wireless chargers that stand and have the multiple coils in the next couple of months. You might be tempted to buy another charger when that happens.

KiwiCoalBattery

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
OP,

The Vu is awesome but a little pricey. The Spigen mentioned by others is more than sufficient though it's a little uglier than the Vu. There are also chargers like the Spigen with other brands on it that are identical and could be even cheaper.

What you want to do it search Amazon and/or Ebay and you want to search for "qi 3 coils" or something similar. The chargers that have 3 coils means that there are multiple points of contact and it ups the chances that different phones are going to sit right on it. Then look at the pictures and pick one that stands up instead of one that lays down. The great thing about them standing is that there is usually a lip for them to sit on which will keep them always in the same place thanks to gravity.

Finally, I would recommend going as cheap as you can. We are starting to see 3rd party fast wireless charging devices now and I would not be surprised if we see some fast wireless chargers that stand and have the multiple coils in the next couple of months. You might be tempted to buy another charger when that happens.

Thanks! I was just about to ask what qi 3 coils mean... I learn something new every single day here. :)

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
is there a wireless charger that will let me to place the Note 5 correctly even if I'm drunk as a skunk or half asleep or in a completely dark bedroom? Sadly, I've been in all three of those situations lately. I have a regular non-fast charging Samsung wireless charging pad. I always missed the mark(only in those three situations).

I want a wireless charging pad(doesn't have to be fast charging) that will allow me to put the Note 5 on it correct just by feel. Or a slot that kind of just drops it... does such a thing exist? Thanks!
Choetech fast charge works for me, anyway I put it on it charges.

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon QI charger which is a stand and not a puck, works just great! it may not be a fast charger, but it still works really good. Never have an alignment problem with it.

I bought the Cheotech Quick QI charger puck from Amazon and ended up returning it. It made my phone really hot when charging.

BettysNephew

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I have a S View cover on my Note5 and could not get the Samsung "hockey puck" charger to work reliably with the cover on or off. It did the same thing on several of the same chargers. Returned it to cell provider and got a Tylt Vu. It also would not work in the portrait position with the case on but did work in that orientation with no case. Kind of a pain taking it out of the case to charge. After finding this thread, tried it in the landscape position with case on and 100% function even when alcoholically impaired! Ding, ding, ding. I have a winner.

Carl Bloom

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Mine charges in landscape in a case with no problems at all, but in portrait if I just set it on the Vu its hit or miss. But if I put it against the charger and hold it about a half inch about the lip where the phone sits,it will start to change then just let it slide down to the bottom and it stays charging all night. Kinda strange but it works every time. Normally though I just charge in landscape.

rtronick

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I HAD the Spigen model that was a stand as well, but the only way I could get it to start charging was to place it in landscape position, then once it started I could quickly change it to portrait position and it would charge. If I placed it in portrait mode first, the LED indicator would flash red then blue over and over and not start charging. I did this both with and without a case. I even had Spigen send me a replacement, which did exactly the same thing. Returned them both.

I had the same problem with the Spigen charger

Try the Verizon charger, it works really well.

My Verizon charger also works great!

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
08875c02675aabe33dfa375b254a92c2.jpg

Here it is, I leave it overnight and gets fully charged.

I think it costs $50.00

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca