10-26-2015 08:50 AM
31 12
tools
    I agree with one of the above posters that it's difficult to compare these two devices because they provide different experiences and target different users. Those who have enjoyed the S-pen and the Samsung suite of productivity apps that integrates the S-pen will have trouble believing the Nexus line could compete.For Note 5 users, the idea of a stripped down "pure" Android experience doesn't seem attractive.

Note in my house!
    10-23-2015 05:47 AM
    The new Nexus 6P looks like a good phone and they are definitely getting better. I don't care much for the look of the back of the phone personally, I think it's hideous. I thought about waiting for the 6P and getting it but after looking at the Note 5 in the stores there was no doubt which phone I would buy. Not to mention this thing takes everything I throw at it and the battery life is amazing. It is also one of the most beautiful phones (Sapphire Black) that I have ever held. Love the blue hue it has.

Maybe one day I might try the Nexus but I will say, if the Note 6 is out before it I will be hard pressed to go elsewhere. Just my 2 pennies.
    10-23-2015 09:07 AM
    The new Nexus 6P looks like a good phone and they are definitely getting better. I don't care much for the look of the back of the phone personally, I think it's hideous. I thought about waiting for the 6P and getting it but after looking at the Note 5 in the stores there was no doubt which phone I would buy. Not to mention this thing takes everything I throw at it and the battery life is amazing. It is also one of the most beautiful phones (Sapphire Black) that I have ever held. Love the blue hue it has.

Maybe one day I might try the Nexus but I will say, if the Note 6 is out before it I will be hard pressed to go elsewhere. Just my 2 pennies.
    I love my Note 5, and while I agree the device is beautiful, it's too slippery and too much form over function. Sadly I feel it's too much like the iPhone. I'm really intrigued by what LG is doing with the V10. Beautiful but sturdy and no compromises with the micro SD card slot and expandable storage. The only thing it doesn't have out of the box is wireless charging, but may be available later.

Posted via the Android Central App
    BIG CAT 7 likes this.
    10-24-2015 12:06 PM
    I'd get the 5x before the 6p. I think the 5x is a sexy phone. There's something about having vanilla Android that excites me. It's beautiful, fast and current. If I had the money I'd buy the 5x (its 500 cdn) and still keep the note 5. This is my first note and I don't think I'll ever sell for another device. It has everything you need, just in case you need it. Like a swiss army knife.
    10-24-2015 05:57 PM
    I'd get the 5x before the 6p. I think the 5x is a sexy phone. There's something about having vanilla Android that excites me. It's beautiful, fast and current. If I had the money I'd buy the 5x (its 500 cdn) and still keep the note 5. This is my first note and I don't think I'll ever sell for another device. It has everything you need, just in case you need it. Like a swiss army knife.
    I like the 5x as well and would like to see if the lower specs affect performance. Loved the original Nexus 5.

10-25-2015 02:39 PM
    I love my Note 5, and while I agree the device is beautiful, it's too slippery and too much form over function. Sadly I feel it's too much like the iPhone. I'm really intrigued by what LG is doing with the V10. Beautiful but sturdy and no compromises with the micro SD card slot and expandable storage. The only thing it doesn't have out of the box is wireless charging, but may be available later.

I do agree with you on the V10. It looks promising. As for the Expandable storage, I used to think that was a huge deal for me and would always get something with SD support thinking I was going to go crazy and fill it up when I never really did. I know there are a lot of people that basically live out of their phone so they save everything on the SD cards and even carry more than one in some cases to swap them out but I have found myself that the 64GB is plenty enough for me for pictures, music and what not. That was one of my biggest concerns when buying this phone too. I will say though that 64GB should be the bare minimum for storage for any phone, SD support or not. I just think it's time they start doing it and quit with the 16GB of storage garbage.
    kj11 likes this.
    10-26-2015 08:50 AM
31 12