Android system eating up my battery... what can I do?

an illegal mind

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
I have a note 5 that in the last week it seems to drain very quickly. When I check gsam to see what is causing the problem it says that the majority of the battery life is being used by the android system. I have rebooted it a few times in the last couple days to see if that would help but it does not seem to be doing any better. I have not installed any new apps on it recently so I was curious what I can do to make the android system take up less battery life? Thanks!

imarek3

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
You might try clearing the Cache Partition and see if that helps. To do that, do the following:
1) turn your phone off
2) press and hold the Volume Up, Home and power buttons until your phone starts to come up.
3) Select Wipe Cache Partition
4) then select reboot system.

See if that makes any difference.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If that doesn't work try a factory data reset and don't install any apps.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Bo21

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Are you on Verizon and have Advanced Calling on?

I had the same issue. Advanced Calling was causing the problem

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Android system is a key operating system component, and has many packages/processes that run as part of the overall "Android system". Mine shows 27% utilization in GSAM. I'm not worried about that at all as I can easily get 24hrs plus on a charge.

Is Advanced Calling confirmed to be the cause? What is the process name for Advanced Calling so that we can see it grouped within the "Android system"?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20