DIY remove Samsung Galaxy Note 5 back color!!!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Since when can that reset the Knox counter? Why would people warn certain roots trip the Knox counter if you can just reset it?

Attachments

• 1445706677381.jpg
    1445706677381.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 34

jmy7213

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Since when can that reset the Knox counter? Why would people warn certain roots trip the Knox counter if you can just reset it?
Dunno. I've used it on every phone I've had after restoring it back to factory. Never had a problem with it. While there isn't a version yet for lollipop, I'm sure there will be eventually.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Tmobile and sprint yes. Att and verizon no. They have the bootloader locked down

It isn't the bootloader. The bootloader is just for flashing custom ROMs. You can root without a custom ROM.

AT&T and Verizon have something else on their OS so when it is rooted, it will give you a screen telling you it is rooted and won't boot.

The Note 4 had a locked bootloader and root was achieved on that.

jmy7213

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
It isn't the bootloader. The bootloader is just for flashing custom ROMs. You can root without a custom ROM.

AT&T and Verizon have something else on their OS so when it is rooted, it will give you a screen telling you it is rooted and won't boot.

The Note 4 had a locked bootloader and root was achieved on that.
You're partially correct. Note 4 was rootable in the beginning, but the bootloader was not locked in the beginning. It wasn't until a later update that the bootloader was locked and then the note 4 became unrootable.

Luckily I'm with sprint. Sprint has never locked the phone down.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
You're partially correct. Note 4 was rootable in the beginning, but the bootloader was not locked in the beginning. It wasn't until a later update that the bootloader was locked and then the note 4 became unrootable.

Luckily I'm with sprint. Sprint has never locked the phone down.

The bootloader was locked out of the box for me and the root achieved was with Lollipop and a locked bootloader.

The unlocked bootloader is necessary to load custom ROMs not to root. They were clear, they could get root, they couldn't unlock the bootloader.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
No because you got what ya paid for. You paid for part of a phone, and you only got part of a phone lol
A $233 Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is identical to someone who paid $696 for a Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5...

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
A $233 Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is identical to someone who paid $696 for a Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5...

How did you get it for only $233? I only managed to get the $400 off, which made the Note 5 $296. I already paid off the $296 so that was my final cost.(plus sales tax) I didn't even activate the line and Veirzon didn't charge me any monthly fee on that line.

$233 or $296..... I'm still trying to figure out why Verizon or Samsung gave such a HUGE discount on the brand new Note 5.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
How did you get it for only $233? I only managed to get the $400 off, which made the Note 5 $296. I already paid off the $296 so that was my final cost.(plus sales tax) I didn't even activate the line and Veirzon didn't charge me any monthly fee on that line.

$233 or $296..... I'm still trying to figure out why Verizon or Samsung gave such a HUGE discount on the brand new Note 5.

It was Verizon. I got some off with TMO and a free year of Netflix, which seems to be the norm with the release of Samsung flagships and TMO.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...33-no-service-contract-requires-bit-work.html

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly Ryan