Lock screen notifications

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
It seems odd to me that when my screen is dark, and someone sends me a text, it'll pop up and I can see it.

That's if I use the Samsung SMS app. But if I use Google Hangouts instead and merge my SMS it doesn't show up. I hear it. I can't quick glance at it.

Unless I'm missing something? It's active in notifications but on Lock screen doesn't seem to work.

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It's a 'feature' of the stock messaging app. Annoying for some (myself included, and actually the reason I don't use the stock messaging app) but useful for others.

Most 3rd party apps I've tested don't have this behavior.

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
It's a 'feature' of the stock messaging app. Annoying for some (myself included, and actually the reason I don't use the stock messaging app) but useful for others.

You can disable it...
2f6a57054423732cbbf348e98f7ecb5e.jpg

Bob31464

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I didn't know that the native app did that, I've been using Handcent for that very feature. I might give it a try.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site

I prefer to see what my SMS is when screen is locked. Then I can decide if I want to open it or not.

Hangouts doesn't show the message on the lock screen or when phone is sleeping. I want that feature. It was automatic on my iPhone 6+ and I find it convenient.

It's the only reason i dont use hangouts as my default SMS app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34