My question is, when I send a text SMS only two of my contacts show in the bottom left corner of the body of the SMS the word 'sending', then literally and always 2 seconds later 'sending' changes to 'sent', then in varying amounts of time (2 seconds, 10 sec, 30 sec 2min) 'sent' changes to 'delivered'.
    None of my other contacts so far show delivered only sending and sent. What does this mean? I am assuming that delivered means when they have either read my text or opened their messenger app. I'm almost positive their phone is set to auto-retrieve like most of us, which should mean they have read my text. The contact this happens with that I'm most concerned about is also using Verizon but not sure the model phone. I've searched for this specific question elsewhere to no avail. My concern is obvious but I will ask the obvious anyway. Am I being ignored? Also why would it happen with just 2 of my contacts, so far? This must be due to their settings, maybe?
    Thanks in advance! Babe in the Galaxy Woods!

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-22-2015 07:06 PM
    Well do those two contacts have Samsung phones or the same carrier as you or do you have either of these options (with the sliders showing red) turned on? The first option only on the second screenshot.
    Attached Thumbnails Samsung Galaxy Note 5 messenger app-1445589967520.jpg   Samsung Galaxy Note 5 messenger app-1445589984954.jpg  
    10-23-2015 03:46 AM
    Thank you for your reply KK!
    See attached.
    As my original post says the only one I'm truly concerned with has the same carrier the other does not. I've stated that I don't know what phone either one have. Attached is the difference between my concern and all the rest...... my concern is the one shows delivered on the last text only the prior text in that same thread are blank. The 2nd attachment is for comparison.
    Thanks! :-)

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Samsung Galaxy Note 5 messenger app-877.jpg   Samsung Galaxy Note 5 messenger app-875.jpg  
    10-23-2015 06:07 AM
    Well the reason I ask is TMO released some type of enhanced messaging and that is sort of like iMessage for iPhone. It shows typing and when the person read the message. I don't know if other carriers have this or not.

Are you using the Verizon Message Plus app? Seems like mine would show sent and maybe delivered on some. Your screenshots also have the bubbles that look like the Verizon app.
    10-23-2015 06:42 AM