2 power issues

Phonejock

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I have been using my note 5 since launch day and I am using close to 200% on a heavy use day and even lighter use using 100% or bit more. I am only getting 2 hours screen time and 14 hours of usage is what I consider light. And also my include charger won't fast charge sometimes I have to plug in a few times to get it to finally do it. But my moto fast charger always works. Anyone else have these issues?

Posted via the Android Central App

jlilnc14

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I have been using my note 5 since launch day and I am using close to 200% on a heavy use day and even lighter use using 100% or bit more. I am only getting 2 hours screen time and 14 hours of usage is what I consider light. And also my include charger won't fast charge sometimes I have to plug in a few times to get it to finally do it. But my moto fast charger always works. Anyone else have these issues?

We need more information. What carrier? What is using most of your battery in your battery settings page. That screen time and standby time is low compared to my times. I get about 3-4 hrs of screen plus 15 hr standby and have 50% battery left.

Phonejock

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
A few screen shots from a while back

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-10-02-02-03.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-10-10-02-02-03.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 100
  • Screenshot_2015-10-10-02-02-14.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-10-10-02-02-14.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 100

Phonejock

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
My screen on auto brightness and I have WiFi and Bluetooth on but I'm not going to toggle them all day. I want my WiFi to connect when I get home and my truck connect when I start it up.

Mike_786

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Something I would recommend is an app called Tasker. It doesn't require root to do some task. It's meant to do thing automatically to save time and battery life. Right now on my phone I have it set so when I get home it turns on my WiFi and turns off my data. Then when I leave my house it turns off WiFi and turns on data. Look at YouTube videos and it will help you understand it more.

For battery life check this link out.
https://youtu.be/M14CWF5gnT8.

Hope that helps

Bluejayy

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site

Yes a lot of people including me had this issue. If you change the usb wire only not the fast charge adapter. It works. Try it. The usb cable is defective.

Phonejock

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for suggestions. ..except the factory reset and don't install apps lol..Might as well not have a smart phone if I use no apps.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
If you have the same issue and no apps, that means it I'd a phone issue. If not, it is an app causing the drain then you add apps a few at a time to figure out which one is causing the problem.