Picture size?

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
In the camera setting you have multiple picture sizes and everytime I start to send a picture it says too high compressing.

So what setting is best for standard pics?

There is 16M (I assume this is best quality but also biggest) all the way down to 2.4.

And then there is 16:9 and 4:3 and 1:1

Can someone knowledgeable about that explain those to a photograph *****... ;)

Posted via the Android Central App

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
In the camera setting you have multiple picture sizes and everytime I start to send a picture it says too high compressing.

So what setting is best for standard pics?

There is 16M (I assume this is best quality but also biggest) all the way down to 2.4.

And then there is 16:9 and 4:3 and 1:1

Can someone knowledgeable about that explain those to a photograph *****... ;)

Posted via the Android Central App

I think this has more to do with the fact that you're trying to text the pic using regular SMS. US carriers impose file size restrictions on what you can send via SMS. For this reason, you are currently unable to text high resolution, uncompressed pics using SMS. If you were using a third party app, like Google Hangouts or WhatsApp, you'd most likely be able to send the full, uncompressed image, or at least send it at a higher quality than what you can do over regular SMS text.

Interestingly enough, T-Mobile is currently implementing something called RCS or "rich messaging" which will increase the file sizes you can send via SMS, among other things. But the other major carriers are still lagging behind. So for now, I'd probably just let the phone do the automatic compression as you've described. That way you won't have to mess around with the settings trying to figure it out and you'll still have some higher resolution photos in your gallery in case you want to transfer them to your computer or something later.

Last edited: