for whatever reason, my note 5 os freezing at times. sometimes I can unfreeze it by turning off the screen, other times, I have to restart the phone. I tried deleting the system cache using the power/volume up/home buttons but it did not help. the last time it froze, it embarrassed me while trying to check out using samsung pay.

anyone else having this problem? I am basically at a lost as to what to try next other than reset. I am also wondering if it could be the smart launcher 3 I have installed. any suggestions?
    10-24-2015 06:11 PM
    Are you the stock Samsung launcher?
    10-24-2015 06:37 PM
    for whatever reason, my note 5 os freezing at times. sometimes I can unfreeze it by turning off the screen, other times, I have to restart the phone. I tried deleting the system cache using the power/volume up/home buttons but it did not help. the last time it froze, it embarrassed me while trying to check out using samsung pay.

anyone else having this problem? I am basically at a lost as to what to try next other than reset. I am also wondering if it could be the smart launcher 3 I have installed. any suggestions?
    Are you the stock Samsung launcher?
    I am using smart launcher 3. not the stock.
    10-24-2015 07:08 PM
    I had nova launcher and it made my phone laggy so I went back to stock and now its perfect again

Posted via Galaxy Note 5
    10-24-2015 07:11 PM

That could be an app causing that. I would try and run it in safe mode and see if that works.

Also I'm not familiar with your launcher, I use Nova Prime and have no problems. Since you are using a launcher, you might want to run it on TouchWiz before safe mode and see if it is the launcher.
    10-24-2015 07:41 PM
    Disabling Samsung Pay worked for me and several others. No loss since it isnt compatible with ANY of my cards.
    Oscar Maradiaga likes this.
    10-25-2015 12:41 PM
    simply uninstall Samsung Pay luckily for me I was able to get the wireless charger promotion before October 11th. But Samsung Pay made the Note 5 freeze and lag so much I had to do away with it. Returning the Note 5 to the best device I've ever had. Sad but true that's the solution
    10-26-2015 07:19 AM