10-31-2016 07:31 AM
38 12
tools
    Make sure you remove both Google and Facebook account before doing a factory reset or upgrade..the FSP will engage and could lock you out of your Google account if you don't. The sync could malfunction on FB as well. There is a Crack for this but as of now it does not work...Also if using PDP re-enable all apps or you may have issues on install..

Drews Droid
    04-14-2016 07:48 PM
    If you cannot log in how can you delete the accounts?
    05-08-2016 01:29 PM
    Thanks for the replies guys, I tried using an alternate Google account but that didn't work. Verizon customer support didn't have a solutions, Samsung customer service said to take it to a Best Buy Samsung center. The Samsung rep said he's experienced this before and worked on it for multiple hours to no avail. He said the only thing to do is to replace the device. I walked into a local Verizon and they ordered a replacement through warranty and it should be here in 2 days. I will send the old phone back once I receive the new device. Long story short, there is no work around for this problem, have to replace the device.
    Actually, there may be a work around for the tripped Factory Reset Protection (FRP) issue. While I have never had this issue, and thus have never tried this, a fellow by the moniker of RootJunky has some YouTube videos showing how to get past FRP on a number of brands of phones including Samsung without the original gmail account info.
    05-08-2016 04:12 PM
    It hit me this morning - Note 5 on Sprint. Updated the OS to v 6.0 I think it said... after it finished and rebooted I'm locked out.

when the phone was new I got locked out (a few friends too) of the fingerprint lock a few times - and wouldn't accept the backup code... At least then it gave me the option to get it using my google login.

This time it won't take my pattern, code, and not even an option to use my google account...

Spent FOUR HOURS on the phone & chat with Sprint, Google, and Samsung on this... everyone kept passing the blame until the last Samsung rep that I got through google -- he finally said it was Samsung's fault - which it obviously is, they take android from google and tweak it, then THEY push it onto us...

No resolution either... just the shortcut answer that I have to do a hard reset.
    Actually the carrier is the last one to mess with it. Google sends it to Samsung, they do some tweaking to it. Then Samsung sends it to the carrier and they do additional tweaking by adding their bloatware and even sometimes removing features. With two different groups messing with it, it's hard to know who actually messed it up. The samsung rep said it was their fault regarding your issue and it may very well be but keep in mind that the carrier is the last one to tweak the OS before pushing it out to their customers. I'm on T-Mobile and didn't have any issues with the Marshmallow update, didn't even have to do a factory reset. I was with AT&T last year with my Note 4 and honestly this update with T-Mobile went smoother and was released earlier (AT&T still hasn't released Marshmallow last I read) and not as much bloatware. I have noticed that if I restart my phone, the first time unlocking it I have to use my 4 digit pin, the fingerprint option won't work. After I unlock it the first time with the pin, I can use the fingerprint unlock every time after that. Odd but not a big deal.
    05-10-2016 06:07 PM
    I had it happen to me, there was nothing to do to fix it. I had to do the dreaded factory reset..then wait another day because of Google new lock out security policy.
    05-10-2016 06:53 PM
    I had it happen to me, there was nothing to do to fix it. I had to do the dreaded factory reset..then wait another day because of Google new lock out security policy.
    So even if I know all my google account info password and pin google will lock me out for 24 hours just for doing a factory reset?
    06-19-2016 11:47 AM
    So even if I know all my google account info password and pin google will lock me out for 24 hours just for doing a factory reset?
    Only if the factory reset is to avoid FRP (factory reset protection) is my understanding and personal experience.
    06-21-2016 10:14 AM
    Only if the factory reset is to avoid FRP (factory reset protection) is my understanding and personal experience.
    Huh? I don't even know what that means. If I just do a reset from my device itself while open (not from recovery) will I get the 24 hr stall? It shouldn't be this hard. Never used to be
    06-21-2016 01:16 PM
    Huh? I don't even know what that means. If I just do a reset from my device itself while open (not from recovery) will I get the 24 hr stall? It shouldn't be this hard. Never used to be
    It means that if you can access your phone then you haven't tripped FRP and you can do a factory reset without waiting 24 hours.
    06-22-2016 08:16 AM
    How does one "trip" FRP?
    06-22-2016 08:18 AM
    In my experience by entering the incorrect unlock code more than 10 times or by having the OS glitch and tripping it.
    06-22-2016 08:25 AM
    I should be ok then. never did those things
    06-22-2016 08:35 AM
    This worked for someone else on this site. Give it a try: " Managed to get it working this afternoon by adding a Gmail address to my Google account and logging in using that rather than my original e-mail address." Good luck!
    10-31-2016 07:31 AM
38 12