Anker Powercore 20100 or Powercore+ 10500

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Hello fellow Note 5 owners,

I am planning on getting a power bank from Anker, I can't decide which of the two to get. Having 20k mah battery is awesome but it seems that the Powercore 20100 doesn't support the Note 5 fast charging feature, or am I wrong? The Powercore+ does support QC 2.0 but sadly they don't have the 20k mah version of it.

Please guide/help me on choosing the right one =)

Thank you!

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I went through the same questioning this weekend as I need a power pack as well. Going to call Anker later to hopefully speak with sales rep. I'm leaning to the Powercore 10500+ for a number of reasons. QC, lighter, don't need a week's worth of charges to lug around. Frankly, there are too many model choices on the Anker site. It was suggested to them they need a 'wall chart' for the customers.

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I have the Aukey 10400 mah with Qualcomm quick charge capability. I think any of the major players are good to go - Anker is established and makes fine products.

I look for external batteries who have been thoroughly third party tested for actual mah storage capacity to the marketed mah capacity..........as some less well known manufacturers may say they have a higher mah capacity, say 12000, but on testing can only store 8000 mah. I don't know the technology but the maximum stored mah capacity is always less than the rated capacity.

Two other thoughts. When I bought my beloved Note 5, I was having a major mental hurdle on the smaller non-replaceabke battery, but the quick charge technology, the quick charge wireless pad options, and a change to more attentive charging habits have taken care of my battery issues.

I run with two external quick charge battery options........the Aukey's 10,300 larger mah capacity is obviously better for those times I am away from other charging options. It, like most units over 10,000 mah is a bit thicker and rather heavy.

For running around town or a night out, I splurged on the (way too expensive) Samsung 5200 mah unit - it was retailing near $70.00 (!) but saw it recently on Amazon for half that. This unit is super fast - very sleek, slender and stylish, and I can carry it very comfortably in my back pocket or coat pocket. It obviously doesn't carry the bigger storage charging punch but is great for mobility and everyday use. It looks really cool!!

Do you really need something at 20,000 mah? That's a lot of battery back up but gonna be a beast to carry around.

Loving my sapphire Note 5 - what an amazing phone !!!

Posted via the Android Central App

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Corrext. The 20000 ma. Will only quick charge itself and not your phone . The 10500 will do both. Which is why I opted for the 10500. Hope this helps

Posted via the Android Central App

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I myself got the Samsung Fast Charge battery pack a few weeks ago, it is pricey but does look very nice. Sadly I can only charge my Note 5 one and a half time with it.

I personally like QC, it's nice to be able to charge my phone quickly.

20000 mah is a lot, but it will indeed be a beast to carry around. I was hoping Anker released a higher capacity of the PowerCore+ with QC 2.0. Do they sell their external batteries/power bank in a store around the states? Or is ordering online the only option?

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Another question is, apparently the Powercore 20k charges faster than normal power banks even though it's not QC 2.0, if that is true will it triger the fast charging notification on the Note 5?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Another question is, apparently the Powercore 20k charges faster than normal power banks even though it's not QC 2.0, if that is true will it triger the fast charging notification on the Note 5?
Samsung adaptive fast charging is done by increasing the voltage to 9v (or possibly 12v).the 20k unit doesn't support this so no it will not trigger a fast charge notification.

On a device like the 6p which can take up to 5v/3a,Anker will be able to supply 5v /2.4a which would be faster than qualcomm quick charge 1.0.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Samsung adaptive fast charging is done by increasing the voltage to 9v (or possibly 12v).the 20k unit doesn't support this so no it will not trigger a fast charge notification.

On a device like the 6p which can take up to 5v/3a,Anker will be able to supply 5v /2.4a which would be faster than qualcomm quick charge 1.0.

Thanks for clarifying things up for me. I might wait until they release a higher capacity QC 2.0 power bank.

Appreciate everyone's help.

Thank you :)